Gilberto Silva (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Mavuba is younger and he will be much better than him

we have enough money to get Mavuba
we will have paro and marchisio with possibly nocerino.IMO we should get an experienced player and Gilberto is a quality player.

Also just like mark said, wenger lets his 30yr old players go cause he doesn't renew their contracts for more than year.So we wouldn't have to pay much for him

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

we will have paro and marchisio with possibly nocerino.IMO we should get an experienced player and Gilberto is a quality player.

Also just like mark said, wenger lets his 30yr old players go cause he doesn't renew their contracts for more than year.So we wouldn't have to pay much for him
I would love to get Mavuba, that said I'd also very much like Gilberto, why not go for both? We have Zanetti, Paro and Marchisio, out of whom IMO only Zanetti is ready for Serie A. I'd most definetly like to get both.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
im not surprised by gilberto's latest comments since it seems the arsenal players are becomming a little impatient with the lack of silverware and competitivness in the competition, wenger to be sacked in 1/2 seasons time ;)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i was pleasantly suprised this morning when i read hes opened the door for a move to juve, hes a brilliant player with a good 3 years left in him, i dont see his age as a problem to be honest, we should do all we can to try to sign him

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
In fact, I've expressed my viewpoint regarding Gilberto;s joining us earlier on that thread, he is a well experienced ball winner plus a midfield leader. Besides, the presence of Zanetti, Paro, Marchisio and hopefully Nocerino, I suggest negotiating an attacking midfielder and a winger; Rosina and Ribery respectively would be perfect.

May 25, 2006
Arsenal vice-captain Gilberto has revealed his admiration for Juventus, but admits any decision over his future will be entirely in the hands of his current club.

Gilberto hails "great" Juve

The Brazilian midfielder has been linked with a possible move to Turin as the fallen giants look to strengthen their squad if they secure promotion this season.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger only recently denied speculation that Gilberto could be sold at the end of the season.

"Juventus are a great club that want to return to winning ways," Gilberto told Corriere dello Sport.

"Furthermore, it is Emerson's former club and there are many Brazilians starring in the Italian championship.

"I have a contract until 2009, and Arsenal will decide [what happens]."

Gilberto could choose to invoke a Fifa regulation that could see him leave for as little as £1.7million, but the player's agent played down such talk.

"He likes it at Arsenal and there is a contract in place for another two years," said Paulo Villana.

"This is the current situation, but as you know anything can change in life and football is part of life."

World Soccer

May 25, 2006
Didier Deschamps has targeted him as a central part of his rebuilding plans.

Even though Gilberto has now turned 30, it remains to be seen whether Wenger would be prepared to lose another key midfielder to Juve after selling former captain Patrick Vieira to the Italian giants in the summer of 2005.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I would love to get Mavuba, that said I'd also very much like Gilberto, why not go for both? We have Zanetti, Paro and Marchisio, out of whom IMO only Zanetti is ready for Serie A. I'd most definetly like to get both.
although zanetti is the only proven DM we have for Serie A, but imo we owe paro a chance for to prove himself in Serie A.
Marchisio can wait, but paro is already 24 and he did very well this season.So i think he will get his chance next season and if we bring Mavuba then there goes his chance along with Nocerino's imo(thats if he was bought)

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
although zanetti is the only proven DM we have for Serie A, but imo we owe paro a chance for to prove himself in Serie A.
Marchisio can wait, but paro is already 24 and he did very well this season.So i think he will get his chance next season and if we bring Mavuba then there goes his chance along with Nocerino's imo(thats if he was bought)
if Gilberto Silva comes, he will be a first team player, zanetti and paro can play half of the match~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)