Gilberto Silva (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
See your point but the Prem isn't over yet for one thing plus 4th place = qualifiers.

More relevantly though he has lifted the Champs league already, he wants international recognition and a league title. What has no British player (arguably)achieved since Keegan (?) True success in a foreign league..

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
See your point but the Prem isn't over yet for one thing plus 4th place = qualifiers.

More relevantly though he has lifted the Champs league already, he wants international recognition and a league title. What has no British player (arguably)achieved since Keegan (?) True success in a foreign league..
you've got a point there, but even so...many clubs which can offer him the possibility of winning a league title and playing in Europe at the same time, will jump on the chance of signing a player like Gerrard!

Jul 24, 2006
I agree with you but maybe the challenge of Juve is more appealing than a 'galactico'-esque situation somewhere else.

Just a theory I know it's pure fantasy football. I just see that too many players have jumped at the likes of Madrid/Chelsea and regretted it, maybe this will have a bearing and some bigger players will find a project like Juve's more reassuring and (ironically) stable. Plus we are the main and first (I think - don't crucify me if not) club to publicly declare an interest and perhaps that will count for something. Liverpool and Juve have a history of course and they are similar in terms of their respective dynasties/family mentality.

Anyway I don't want someone to yell about this conversation belonging in a different thread - I've alerady had some dude take exception to a post of mine today!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Arsene Wenger has dismissed suggestions that Arsenal may consider selling Gilberto to Juventus in the summer.

The Brazilian is a key cog in the Arsenal machine, as his solidity allows Wenger's young Guns to express themselves further up the field.

His efficient displays often go unnoticed, but reports suggest they have caught the eye of Juve.

The Old Lady of Italian football are looking to rebuild their side in the summer, ahead of a tilt at the Serie A title provided they secure promotion this season, and it is being claimed Gilberto is on manager Didier Deschamps' wish list.

Wenger is aware of the speculation, but has no intention of allowing Gilberto to head to Italy in the summer.

"He is under contract, we have had no offer so the subject is closed," said Wenger.

"Let him go to the end of his contract and then we will see - but we might well extend because he is an important player for us."

Sky Sports

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Wenger zittisce la Juve: 'Gilberto Silva resta all'Arsenal'

17:00 del 17 marzo

Gilberto Silva

Arsene Wenger, tecnico dell'Arsenal, spegne ogni velleità della Juventus che avrebbe messo gli occhi sul centrocampista brasiliano Gilberto Silva. L'allenatore dei 'gunners' lo considera un punto fermo della sua squadra: "Lui ha un contratto con noi e non c'è stata nessuna offerta. Dunque, l'argomento è chiuso. Lasciamolo giocare fino alla scadenza dell'accordo con l'Arsenal e poi vedremo - ha detto Wenger -. Anche se presto potremmo rinnovargli la fiducia".

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont think he is a crucial player to get. he is a good DM but i dont ee him being great.

i would rather see a player like diarra join.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Gilberto Silva is actually.
Stop trying to be funny, of course he is not. He is very important to Arsenal mow because they ahve way to many attacking players in their side so his importance is maginified. He did not look so good with Vieira around him. For a defensive midfielder to look good, he has to be playing in an attacking team. Silva cannot pass the ball to save his life, if you watch Arsenal regularly you would have noticed that. But he is not there to make passes , he is there to break play of opponents so the likes of Fabregas, Hleb, Rosiscky etc can do their stuff in the midfield. Emerson suffers from playing with similar players like himself so he sometimes looks bad in a midfield bereft of ideas. He is not in any team to make the play, he is there to make life easier for his teammates and in 2 seasons at Juventus he did extremely well except in Cl where tactics showed him up. The fact he likes to follow Capallo around should not detract from his abilities as a footballer

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Corriere dello Sport

Gilberto Silva: ‘Juve, I like you’
‘They’re a great club, who want to return to winning ways immediately. Arsenal will decide’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)