Gilberto Silva (90 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
who's scum? Ithink Gilberto is good, good enought for 5 mils, but patric sucks? C'mon, he and La Puma were the best cen mid duo that Juve had in the last decade. I hate him but must give him credit...
i definately would not say that considering we won the cl with a much better CM partnership. Also zidane and davids wiped the floor with emo vieira

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Davids - Zidane was a dream CM partnership, we will never have a partnership like that anymore. :touched:

Imagine a midfield with Nedved, Davids, Zidane and Camoranesi :shocked:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Davids - Zidane was a dream CM partnership, we will never have a partnership like that anymore. :touched:

Imagine a midfield with Nedved, Davids, Zidane and Camoranesi:shocked:
By this midfield, you have an unimaginable power on the left flank with the absence of a true defensive midfielder. When Zidane played with Davids in our midfield, Zidane was playing in the centre more while Davids was usually tending to the left with the presence of Tacchinardi behind them as a fixed defensive midfielder.

Actually, I can only imagine those four in 3-5-2 formation with the presence of another player to win the ball and Nedved as a center midfielder behind Zidane.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Davids is a defensive midfielder but can also play on the left side.
During his era at Delle Alpi, I don't remember watching him playing as alone defensive midfielder. Our fixed defensive midfielder was Tacchinardi, and in the absence of the latter, Conte was placed beside Davids in the centre to balance the midfield defensively.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
During his era at Delle Alpi, I don't remember watching him playing as alone defensive midfielder. Our fixed defensive midfielder was Tacchinardi, and in the absence of the latter, Conte was placed beside Davids in the centre to balance the midfield defensively.
I´m afraid that is not true, Ahmed.

Davids and Tacchinardi played as DMC´s with Davids occasionally helping on the left side. Conte was oftenly used on the right side of midfield but of course he could operate in centre of midfield too.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I´m afraid that is not true, Ahmed.

Davids and Tacchinardi played as DMC´s with Davids occasionally helping on the left side. Conte was oftenly used on the right side of midfield but of course he could operate in centre of midfield too.
Okay, you've just supported my viewpoint mate. I did say that Davids didn't play as a alone defensive midfielder, sometimes he shared in attacking from the left flank and sometimes not. But the point here is that neither Lippi nor Ancelotti depended on him as a alone defensive midfielder, that's it. :eyebrows:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Okay, you've just supported my viewpoint mate. I did say that Davids didn't play as a alone defensive midfielder, sometimes he shared in attacking from the left flank and sometimes not. But the point here is that neither Lippi nor Ancelotti depended on him as a alone defensive midfielder, that's it. :eyebrows:
It was a misunderstanding. :)

I thought you mean that Davids is NOT a DM. He didn´t play as alone defensive midfielder, but then on the other that doesn´t mean he couldn´t.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
It was a misunderstanding. :)

I thought you mean that Davids is NOT a DM. He didn´t play as alone defensive midfielder, but then on the other that doesn´t mean he couldn´t.
No, I didn't mean that matey. :)

In my opinion, Davids is still irreplaceable, a phenomenon in the world of football. You could depend on him to do all the hard work you need in the midfield, but sometimes the momentum of the game might take him to attack more and more, hence, I prefer another defensive midfielder behind him. By the way, when he left us, I lived 2 weeks in a very bad mood. I don't want to remember these days. :cry:

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
When he leaved us, the management said that they dont let him go to another italian club.And then the sale from barcelona to inter. That made me very angry:ferocious

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Frings and Gilberto in the middle... awesomeness. They're not the youngest guys out there but they'll be able to help Paro grow as a player, not to mention do a great job on the pitch.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Frings and Gilberto in the middle... awesomeness. They're not the youngest guys out there but they'll be able to help Paro grow as a player, not to mention do a great job on the pitch.
I don't see this happens, mate. As we already have a hard worker defensive midfielder; Zanetti, hence, we are in no need to add another two in the same position, maybe one. What is more, I do think that placing both Frings and Gilberto in the centre midfield would be a tactical error, as both of them take the same role; ball winning.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
4get gilberto bring back Antonio Nocerino!!! This kid is something special.
I was just gonna post about Nocerino. We should buy his other half and bring him back for next season instead of Tacchinardi or any other guy that will start on the bench. This kid is a tough cookie like Gattuso but with a better touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)