Gilardino Going Nowhere.... (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
oh btw, I disagree a bit though. Sure it's Gilardino's first season, but he was a potential even since his Verona days.. though there he was given less games, people (or at least me) had given him an eye to watch out for.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
United to spy on Gilardino
Friday 16 April, 2004

Parma youngster Alberto Gilardino will be watched by Manchester United scouts this weekend.

Reports in Italy today claim that the 21-year-old has caught the eye of the Premiership side who will assess his performance against Juventus.

The former Piacenza player has been a revelation this season after scoring 17 goals in Serie A so far.

That is especially impressive as he started the term on the bench behind Adriano – who is now at Inter.

United are interested in adding the Under-21 international to their attacking options for the new campaign.

However, the Old Trafford outfit will face stiff opposition from Juventus who are also very keen.

Gilardino admitted earlier this week that he wouldn’t mind staying at Parma but he could be forced out because of the club’s financial situation.

The Premiership giants are also believed to be interested in Gialloblu goalkeeper Sebastien Frey and defender Matteo Ferrari.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr16e.html

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
man they already have Saha
they're actually pretty short in the strikers' department actually,in terms of depth.

rvn,saha,forlan,solskjaer-a fifth would be quite adequate imo.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Oh Moggi better not let United grab Gilardino! I going to start a new thread called, "If U Don't Take Us Gilagol, I'll Kill Myself."
Wouldn't it be better if you kill Moggi instead yourself?? :confused:

Square

Oct 6, 2002
why is di vaio called dyo? that is who dyo is though...?

gila supports juve, ever since he was a child. if he was given the option im sure hell go for juve. its just a case if moggi makes a bid. which he will. therefore...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)