Giannichedda bianconero? (1 Viewer)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I think they both same type of midfielder, not much difference between them, but it would be sad to see Alessio leave.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Giuliano Giannichedda will leave Lazio in the summer but it is still unclear where he will be playing next season.

The midfielder’s contract expires next month and his agent admits he’s unlikely to remain in Rome.

"I don’t know if Giannichedda waved goodbye to the fans after the home game on Sunday but we’ll have to be a bit more patient about his future," stated Franco Zagaglia.

"We’ll wait until the season is over and then we’ll see what happens. I think there will be an outcome in around 10 days."

The former Udinese man, who is available on a free transfer, has been linked with Juventus and Inter.

"Both Juve and the Nerazzurri do like him," confirmed Zagaglia. "The chances of him remaining with Lazio have shrunk, especially as the club have other situations to resolve."

Giannichedda was rumoured to have already agreed terms with the Bianconeri but Inter have moved to hijack the deal.

Nerazzurri boss Roberto Mancini knows the player well, after their time together in Rome, and has asked his club to make a late bid.

Giannichedda, who will be 31 in September, is believed to be wanting a three-year agreement worth £1m a season.

Both clubs are after new central midfielders given that Juve are likely to release Alessio Tacchinardi and Stephen Appiah, while Inter may sell Emre and Edgar Davids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)