Gianni "L'Avvocato" Agnelli (18 Viewers)

OP

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
  • Thread Starter #21

Sunday, the 24th of January, marks the 7th anniversary of Gianni Agnelli's death in 2003.

- Alessandro Del Piero: "We all lived a peculiar week when the Avvocato died. I remember we went to give him the last salute at the Lingotto picture gallery and we found an enormous and very varied crowd: everybody, from the professional to the bricklayer, was patiently, quietly waiting in queue to express their condolences to the family. A surreal atmosphere, that remained until the next game, which we played against Piacenza. We managed to win and I scored a nice goal, which I think the Avvocato would've appreciated, specifically because it was different than all the others. I like to think that that goal, so special, scored against Piacenza, on a “normal” League day, was the right tribute to him, as it made a Sunday like many others special. Just like the Avvocato, who was able to make normality special simply through his presence".

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    Juventinis about Agnelli...

Michel Platini: "A part of my life has gone. Agnelli was more of a father figure to me and many others. I had an unforgettable relationship with him. He gave me so much and taught me to respect life. A great man is no longer with us".

Alessandro Del Piero: "It’s a very sad day for all of us. He was a person with great ability in judging situations and understanding the football world, being a real expert in that. Juventus and Ferrari were his huge passions but the whole Italy will miss this man of extraordinary class. My nickname Pinturicchio? I remember with joy that episode, along with many other memories. He was always attentive to everything and often I received his early morning calls. I’ve always been astonished by his ability in surprising everyone in all the situations, as he was so capable of giving reasons for reflecting."

Antonio Cabrini: "He was a great landmark for us, when you're talking about Juventus, but in reality, he positively influenced the everyday life, with humor, skill, curiosity. We will miss a man who made football a place rich in humanity. With L'Avvocato passing away, one of the greatest figures of the century is gone. He's a big loss for football and not just Juventus, a loss for sport in general. Apart from sports, Agnelli has contributed the most in the growth of Italy in the past century".

Giovanni Trapattoni: "He was an educated man. Someone that was full of respect and elegance. He also had great football knowledge. In many ways I owe him everything. I’ve always had a close bond with him, one based on respect and affection. He has always stayed close to me in these times".

Marcello Lippi: "I really became fond of him and I think that it was a mutual feeling. We are obviously sad now but were were already since we had known he was ill. I remember that he wanted to celebrate the third star for Juventus, who knows who will give it to him, I'm sure he'll be waiting for it up there".

Roberto Bettega: "In this moment of deep sadness, so many memories came to my mind, infact in every period of my life that I've spent in Juventus, as player and as man, Avvocato Giovanni Agnelli has always been my referring point and a constant presence, with his charisma and cleverness. Through him, symbol of my homecity Turin, I've learnt to love Juventus. And from today I'll keep on loving it even for him".

Michael Schumacher: "I'm very honored for having the opportunity to know a great man like Gianni. I get emotional every time I remember the great ambitions he had for Ferrari, Formula 1 and football and its sensitivity to the problems of the world".

Antonio Giraudo: "The death of Avvocato Agnelli has caused inside all of us deep sadness and commotion. He was an example, representing in a remarkable way our city and our country in the whole world. The Avvocato Agnelli was a huge passionate about sports, football especially, world that always loved and for which he appreciated the genius and creativity of its champions. Anyway, in this moment, there are no words to express fully our feelings".

Vittorio Chiusano: "I have many memories of him and his figure is unforgettable, because of his importance in our Country for his moral, cultural, intellectual and sportive qualities. the Agnelli family and Juventus was an inseparable pair. For Avvocato Agnelli sport was a life lesson and a fundamental moment of joy and amusement among the many important problem connected to his role. That’s why until when his health was good he never missed a match, participating with sincere enthusiasm to the team’s victories, visiting the team in the training sessions where coaches and players welcomed him with real joy. He was interested in their problems and he was used to speak about those problems with them, giving them some optimism and courage. This is why the whole Society, with all its managers and employees, coaches and players, is very close to the family and, particularly, to his brother Dottor Umberto, who has always shared with the Avvocato the love for the Society and the team, having become a real guide for both of them. The team will testify on the footbal pitch his affection and gratitude to Avvocato Agnelli, remembering him and honouring his memory".

Franco Carraro: "A great sports enthusiast, a man who was determined to make his beloved Juventus one of the greatest football clubs in the world. Just like in every other aspect of his life, he succeeded".

Christian Vieri: "It's a real shame. He was a great person and he was a football connoisseur. I'm not just saying this because he spoke well of me. You could tell he was a good judge because of how he spoke and because of his good taste. I believe he was fond of me and he showed it when he had the chance to. And I will never forget this."

OP

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
  • Thread Starter #24
    Milanistas about Agnelli...

Carlo Ancelotti: "'He was a charismatic man, very passionate about football and Juventus, though discreet when he attended the stadium. He was able to remember men and episodes of the past. As Juventus had just signed me, I got to his office at the Lingotto and learnt at once of his passion for the Bianconero history. I have good memories of him and a high consideration too. 'When he came to the Comunale stadium, he always did as if he didn't want to disturb us, but actually his presence was very important for the team. He was an incentive and spurred the players. He was fond of Zidane and French players in general. However, he liked the shirt of his team and all players wearing it. 'Juventus style comes from the charism and the qualities of the Agnelli family. They have missed one of their leaders, but can still count on worthy representatives who could carry on the traditional and firm Bianconero attitude".

Adriano Galliani: "Sometimes I talked with him, he had an inimitable class. We have missed one of the most influential figures in the Italian affairs of the last decade, an ambassador abroad, an example for many people. When I started working with president Berlusconi, before we joined Milan, he often told me about 'L'Avvocato' and had always special words for him. He was fond of players wearing the shirt number 10. He loved beauty in all its forms and in football it coincides with number 10. An example for today's officials? I think 'L'Avvocato' had a class which won't be easily copied. I remember him once at the Turin stadium but not during a Juventus game. It was a Uefa play-off between Milan and Sampdoria in 1987: we talked a lot of football, it was pleasant. He was relaxed perhaps because his team was not playing".

Pippo Inzaghi: "I have very good memories of the 'Avvocato'. I'm really moved. He was always very kind and affectionate, when he attended training at the Comunale Stadium. Since I heard the news this morning, I have felt close to his family, my ex team-mates and all Juventus fans".

Massimo Moratti: "I don't have any memories or anecdotes in particular and at the moment I don't want to because the sorrow is stronger. His passing away provokes great pain for whoever knew him, and for the greatness of the personality that goes down in Italian history both from the industrial and international relations points of view. Between the Moratti and Agnelli families there has always been a relationship of great competition, but, above all, of great respect and this goes beyond sports competitions. The controversies and competitions form rivalry of a certain type, but in reality with Gianni and the Agnelli family there has always been mutual affection and esteem. It's a great shame, also for the physical pain he has suffered and also for the family related tragedies that have occurred.

OP

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28

23 January 2010

He is always with us

«I feel emotional every time I see the letter J in a newspaper headline. I immediatley think of Juventus». Many are the phrases with regards to his favourite team by Giovanni Agnelli which have entered history. These, besides, the protagonists which were all given nicknames which have remained known, as in the case of Alessandro Del Piero nicknamed Pinturicchio. This seems to be a perfect example of the love of the Avvocato twoards his creature, one which accompanied him throughout his life. It was a passion manifested in an immitable style and what the same style he appreciated his idols from Danes Hansen and Praest who illuminated his time as president to Omar Sivori, without forgetting Michel Platini and Roberto Baggio.

Giovanni Agnelli was Juventus, a synonym. President from the 22nd July 1947 until 18 September 1954 and then honoraray president for the whole of his life, it was simply impossible to distinguish one from the other. This was recognized by everyone, starting from his opponents who never manged to enter into a controversy with him who was always capable of recognizing the value of his interlocutors, giving spoke an additional ironical vision which contributed highly to its improvement. His is an example which remains alive and has deeply marked the identity of the people of Juventus.

We are pleased to commemorate him 7 years after his demise with the words written on two big streamers on the first match in his absence: “Ciao, Presidente” and “Grazie Avvocato”. We will remeber him tonight before the match betwen Juventus and Roma, one of the matches which he really found exciting, by means of a very emotional video dedicated to true Juventus supporters.

Juventus.com

Dec 27, 2003
    A worthy platinium spoon fed member of the caste. Developed a relative mastery of allegedly bon mots. Football's Mollicas were in raptures, duly so. Before at last embracing his manifest destiny, created the benchmark for the Lapo's to come. Witness the latter following the same trajectory, for this is the land where strafighi and soubrettes are enthroned. Amen and amon.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    A worthy platinium spoon fed member of the caste. Developed a relative mastery of allegedly bon mots. Football's Mollicas were in raptures, duly so. Before at last embracing his manifest destiny, created the benchmark for the Lapo's to come. Witness the latter following the same trajectory, for this is the land where strafighi and soubrettes are enthroned. Amen and amon.
    :rolleyes2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)