Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK - AC Milan (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Its pandemic season, we are desperately trying to cut costs, maybe we'll offload Ronaldo for the very same reason too. We still have two coaches on our payroll and we just hired a coach by giving him a long term contract and a lucrative wage as well. Not to mention that the squad desperately needs an overhaul in other positions.

But nah, lets give 12m net to a non outfield player and watch our lazy midfield stinking up the pitch as usual...

If anything, we made the most practical and sensible choice here. We can wait for 1 or 2 more seasons to make a major upgrade at GK.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We didn't make the most practical decision though. We seemed to be pretty clear about moving forward. It wasn't a matter of making the right decision, we simply couldn't sell him and are left to keep him. Again, decent goalie. Nothing more. Sounds like we are stuck with another player we can't sell, whether or not he is a non-outfield player is irrelevant.

Weren't people here claiming all the gurus were on board that Donna & Juve were a thing? So, if we are to believe them when they had a consensus on that, it was clear we tried...and failed...because we couldn't sell Woj.

ohhhh nooooooes he got 12m from an oil rich club...common sense on ANY negotiation with a club like that would be ask for more.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And people hate on Raiola. The man does his job well.
One thing's for sure. This Raiola dependencia needs to stop.

Thank god Paratici is not here anymore else he would've caved in to all of his demands.

That's not how a big club should be acting. We can't keep letting agents leveraging the club to milk more money out of us. This is the very same reason why the likes of Bayern and Madrid avoid Raiola agents like the plague.

I actually appreciate Milan here for blindsiding Raiola and Donnarumma. They obviously don't want this 'baggage' anymore.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One thing's for sure. This Raiola dependencia needs to stop.

Thank god Paratici is not here anymore else he would've caved in to all of his demands.

That's not how a big club should be acting. We can't keep letting agents leveraging the club to milk more money out of us. This is the very same reason why the likes of Bayern and Madrid avoid Raiola agents like the plague.

I actually appreciate Milan here for blindsiding Raiola and Donnarumma. They obviously don't want this 'baggage' anymore.
The hate Raiola gets is unnecessary though. As someone that has a job, he does his well and gets his players paid. I said this a week or two ago...people should be more angry at the club for paying the agents than the agents themselves.

hell, we paid a heft bonus to Rabiot's agent....aka mom. It isn't like we ONLY do it for Raiola. We seem to be willing to do it to anyone's agent.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The hate Raiola gets is unnecessary though. As someone that has a job, he does his well and gets his players paid. I said this a week or two ago...people should be more angry at the club for paying the agents than the agents themselves.

hell, we paid a heft bonus to Rabiot's agent....aka mom. It isn't like we ONLY do it for Raiola. We seem to be willing to do it to anyone's agent.
If agents control the player completely, like Raiola does, what leverage does the club have? You either have to pay or you don’t get the players you want. If more agents act like Raiola then it’ll be a crisis.
your anger in this case should be directed at governing bodies for not dealing with this.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If agents control the player completely, like Raiola does, what leverage does the club have? You either have to pay or you don’t get the players you want. If more agents act like Raiola then it’ll be a crisis.
your anger in this case should be directed at governing bodies for not dealing with this.
Don't buy their players then. Again - he does what he does for his players, and gets them paid well. Blame the club for constantly dealing with him, not the agent himself.

It's like staying in an abusive relationship.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Don't buy their players then. Again - he does what he does for his players, and gets them paid well. Blame the club for constantly dealing with him, not the agent himself.

It's like staying in an abusive relationship.
You realize since the number of star players who can make a difference in a team are less than the number of teams who can afford them then agents have all the leverage? What do you get by not submitting to their demands? Glory in martyrdom?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's too much money for a position that's the least of our worries imo. And yes, he's expensive as fuck with his wages and the nice Raiola hand money.
Least of our problems is RW, RB, goalie is definitely a position that hurt us last season. And the player we have currently set as a starter is super expensive as well

- - - Updated - - -

Its pandemic season, we are desperately trying to cut costs, maybe we'll offload Ronaldo for the very same reason too. We still have two coaches on our payroll and we just hired a coach by giving him a long term contract and a lucrative wage as well. Not to mention that the squad desperately needs an overhaul in other positions.

But nah, lets give 12m net to a non outfield player and watch our lazy midfield stinking up the pitch as usual...

If anything, we made the most practical and sensible choice here. We can wait for 1 or 2 more seasons to make a major upgrade at GK.
No one says that our current keeper is expensive as well. If you talk about cutting costs, you have to include him along with other high earning underperformers

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You realize since the number of star players who can make a difference in a team are less than the number of teams who can afford them then agents have all the leverage? What do you get by not submitting to their demands? Glory in martyrdom?
So do we not try for Haaland then next summer?

He isn't doing anything illegal. Players pick him for a reason. You can still try and convince the player, the player who pays the agent can tell the agent to back off, no?

It fascinates me how this guy can continue landing top talent but that angers people.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So do we not try for Haaland then next summer?

He isn't doing anything illegal. Players pick him for a reason. You can still try and convince the player, the player who pays the agent can tell the agent to back off, no?

It fascinates me how this guy can continue landing top talent but that angers people.
It’s not illegal but agent fees should be regulated. Bargaining for a higher wage is absolutely fair game though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It’s not illegal but agent fees should be regulated. Bargaining for a higher wage is absolutely fair game though.
Agree. But still, I see two sets to blame here: the club dealing with the agents and/or the system that allows it. Raiola knows how to work the system and boy has he made a killing doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure the top players in Europe know it is no secret how these agents, especially him, operate. Jerry McGuire "show me the money" if I ever saw it lol

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He made quite a mess. we lose the best Italian talent of the decade when we had nearly no contest, we lose prestige as a club as we are bossed around and also lose the faith and motivation of our current starter.
it was a massive blow, yet another one, like we had in previous years and he is the only constant factor, not me... grow up already!!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Agree. But still, I see two sets to blame here: the club dealing with the agents and/or the system that allows it. Raiola knows how to work the system and boy has he made a killing doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure the top players in Europe know it is no secret how these agents, especially him, operate. Jerry McGuire "show me the money" if I ever saw it lol
I only blame it on the system. Clubs can’t stop dealing with the agents and expect sporting success at the same time, so they keep coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)