Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK - AC Milan (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Money that is not ours... Classic tuz line that makes me die inside.

It's not about "our money", it's about the club spending its resources efficiently on players and positions we actually need.
eh in the end De Ligt, Ronaldo, Higuain, Chiesa, etc. costed a ton of money as well. Probably there are more efficient ways to use resources, but these players bring excitement and top talent to the club.

Rather spend big on one these quality players than sign Can, McKennie, Ramsey, etc. and have to cycle through them every 2 years.

We will find ourselves in need of a new GK soon and end up with a worse player than Donnarumma.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
eh in the end De Ligt, Ronaldo, Higuain, Chiesa, etc. costed a ton of money as well. Probably there are more efficient ways to use resources, but these players bring excitement and top talent to the club.

Rather spend big on one these quality players than sign Can, McKennie, Ramsey, etc. and have to cycle through them every 2 years.

We will find ourselves in need of a new GK soon and end up with a worse player than Donnarumma.
Spending money efficiently ≠ signing bosman turds.

We don't need a GK right now. Tek had been superb until this year (not even an entire season since he's lost his confidence). You said "soon". That's exactly what I mean. We should not focus on what we will need 3 years from now, we need to invest in what we need right now (midfielders).

If the club hadn't been so mismanaged, we probably wouldn't be in this position and I wouldn't oppose getting Donnarumma but that's not the case and I'm not gonna lose sleep because he slipped away.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you say giving Woj 6M and his agent 3M annually counts towards that?
Realistically, it would be very hard to sell Tek.

So, would you want us to bench Tek with that salary and pay Donnarumma +9M on top?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Spending money efficiently ≠ signing bosman turds.

We don't need a GK right now. Tek had been superb until this year (not even an entire season since he's lost his confidence). You said "soon". That's exactly what I mean. We should not focus on what we will need 3 years from now, we need to invest in what we need right now (midfielders).

If the club hadn't been so mismanaged, we probably wouldn't be in this position and I wouldn't oppose getting Donnarumma but that's not the case and I'm not gonna lose sleep because he slipped away.
It's different to "not lose sleep over it" or to not care, than to celebrate or be relieved because we didn't sign a great player. That's what I'm commenting on. The case of not minding it is normal.

Besides, "soon" is not 3 years. We already needed a new GK this year given that Szczesny was worse than 43 years old Buffon. It can be that it was just a bad season and he will recover by September, hopefully, but in his 30s he is not likely to suddenly start to improve and to show things he didn't in his late 20s. I doubt that we haven't seen peak Szczesny by now. He is what he is, and soon the need for a better GK will become more and more urgent.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Realistically, it would be very hard to sell Tek.

So, would you want us to bench Tek with that salary and pay Donnarumma +9M on top?
Realistically, its also hard to get players we need whwn we have those high earning underperformers hindering us. Also you defend Szczesny in the other thread, why is it hard to sell him, what do you think? Not just him, there is others too, but hes the topic now so lets talk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
the best GK talent in the world .
lol what does this even mean? He’s not a top 5 GK currently, probably not even top 10. He would’ve been an investment on the future but at 12m the risk may not have outweighed the reward, because at the end of the day it’s still a goalkeeper. Never as important as a top mid for example. Rather invest that kinda money there, and I say that as someone who wanted Donnarumma.

Juve can find someone much cheaper to challenge Woj.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know about beating him for starting spot but he is about as good as Woj
depends which Woj shows up. If it’s 2021 Woj Sirigu can beat him out. Either way, it should be an open competition no matter who they bring in. Woj lost his security this season.

Last edited:

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Realistically, its also hard to get players we need whwn we have those high earning underperformers hindering us. Also you defend Szczesny in the other thread, why is it hard to sell him, what do you think? Not just him, there is others too, but hes the topic now so lets talk
Too many high wage players refusing to leave. They need to restructure contracts going forward. These fn players have too much stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)