Gianluigi Buffon (38 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He's actually indirectly implying that Juve politely pushed him out by considering him to be a small burden. At least that's what I made of those words.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm guessing you mean as in paying him to be some type of endorsement/ ambassador to try and lend some legitimacy for their bought World Cup

Seriously doubt Buffon is the type to pimp himself out for something like that. I'm sure he has more than enough money and pride to do anything like that for them.
I have no idea what he means by those darker plans but I know that the world cup gets legitimacy by the teams that are participating in it (I believe Belgium will if they qualify), by the fans that are watching it, and the media that are reporting it. No individual can give it legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

To those saying he was pushed out

It's more for those denying he was pushed out :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I have no idea what he means by those darker plans but I know that the world cup gets legitimacy by the teams that are participating in it (I believe Belgium will if they qualify), by the fans that are watching it, and the media that are reporting it. No individual can give it legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more for those denying he was pushed out :p
No.

That's like expecting athletes to boycot the Olympics. That's not how it works. It is not upon the athletes to forego their aspirations. Jesse Owens was right to go.

And again, I don't know what Buffon will do. I honestly think it's very plausible he simply wants to win trophies.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No.

That's like expecting athletes to boycot the Olympics. That's not how it works. It is not upon the athletes to forego their aspirations. Jesse Owens was right to go.

And again, I don't know what Buffon will do. I honestly think it's very plausible he simply wants to win trophies.

Assuming that the evidence is overwhelmingly suggesting the world cup was bought (it should be overwhelming enough for an individual like Buffon to be able to verify it too) BUT the highest order institution is corrupt enough to let it go, then it's ridiculous that you expect an individual to show his disapproval but are okay with teams actually going and participating in a bought world cup.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was gradually being phased out considering Szczesny played half of the games. This was previously unheard of with any sub keeper. Now was the right time.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Buffon is so classy :love:

“No, if anything bothers me it’s the goals he scored against me last year,” Buffon smiled.
“If this transfer were to materialise, I’d be happy for the club and the fans.
“It would make me happy because that’s what the Juventus world needs, to find new players and hail them.
"Juventus-PSG in the Champions League final? That would be too much!"

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Ahhh..Qatar

Its obvious they bought it, to be organized there.
Oh...if it is Qatar they meant, then i kbow about that WC being bought. I was thinking that they are talking about this WC. Arround 3000+ workers working on the construction of yhe new stadiums will have died by the time the WC starts in Qatar. Just a random fact for you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Assuming that the evidence is overwhelmingly suggesting the world cup was bought (it should be overwhelming enough for an individual like Buffon to be able to verify it too) BUT the highest order institution is corrupt enough to let it go, then it's ridiculous that you expect an individual to show his disapproval but are okay with teams actually going and participating in a bought world cup.
The evidence is overwhelming. Of course the USA aren't afraid to stir up shit if it suits them, but even they won't start criminal proceedings just like that. And if Bill Clinton, surely no stranger to scheming and plotting, feels cheated after the vote, I tend to believe him.

I never asked Buffon to speak out against the World Cup. But asking a multi millionaire to not endorse cheating scumbags for yet another easy payday surely does not seem like much.

Unfortunately our heroes are fallible. If he sells out, he sells out. It's only painful when fans refuse to believe it.

But, like I said, I think it's totally believable he just wants to compete for more trophies.

Mar 10, 2009
He was gradually being phased out considering Szczesny played half of the games. This was previously unheard of with any sub keeper. Now was the right time.
Pretty much this. Buffon was no longer guaranteed the top spot, and he was not interested in being a bench player. Buffon is one of my favourite players of all time, but now was the right time.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The evidence is overwhelming. Of course the USA aren't afraid to stir up shit if it suits them, but even they won't start criminal proceedings just like that. And if Bill Clinton, surely no stranger to scheming and plotting, feels cheated after the vote, I tend to believe him.

I never asked Buffon to speak out against the World Cup. But asking a multi millionaire to not endorse cheating scumbags for yet another easy payday surely does not seem like much.

Unfortunately our heroes are fallible. If he sells out, he sells out. It's only painful when fans refuse to believe it.

But, like I said, I think it's totally believable he just wants to compete for more trophies.

Qatar pays his wages, he can’t really speak out. At least he’s not the one who set the thing up, like that dirtbag Platini. :inter:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)