Gianluigi Buffon (21 Viewers)

dionalessi

Jan 27, 2013
I’m happy for him to have continued playing, but it is starting to make me uneasy. I hope he does well, but imagine he leaves and wins a CL in his first season away from Juve? No thanks.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I hope deep down he knows he did a mistake.
I doubt it. His ego is too swollen. He can't accept his age. Buffon played for so long, he went straight into a midlife crisis.

I fear we'll see a stubbornness similar to superstars not accepting their faith.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I doubt it. His ego is too swollen. He can't accept his age. Buffon played for so long, he went straight into a midlife crisis.

I fear we'll see a stubbornness similar to superstars not accepting their faith.
:tup:

It's not even about winning a trophy or money for that matter any more. He cant let go of the fame in fear of becoming irrelevant.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What do you mean?
We didn't want him to stay obviously. This guy sacrificed (i.e., wasted) his best footballing years in serie B and Secco's Juve although he could have won a couple CL's had he left Juve when Calciopoli happened, and we showed him the door when he was still a reliable goalkeeper. I'd be okay with this if he wasn't good enough to play for us. The fact that we might be getting Ronaldo and winning the CL the same year we let Gigi go is upsetting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
For choosing a team competing with Juve at that age.

We didn't want him to stay obviously. This guy sacrificed (i.e., wasted) his best footballing years in serie B and Secco's Juve although he could have won a couple CL's had he left Juve when Calciopoli happened, and we showed him the door when he was still a reliable goalkeeper. I'd be okay with this if he wasn't good enough to play for us. The fact that we might be getting Ronaldo and winning the CL the same year we let Gigi go is upsetting.
What makes you think we didn't want him to stay?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Okay don't wanna get in a debate about this, but honestly, if he has the opportunity to be a starter at a top European club he should not be resented for choosing to take it - especially after all he has given
Of course he shouldn't. But he'll fail and his legacy will be hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)