Gianluigi Buffon (92 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
we should abolish these open bus parades imo. if we had a progressive way of thinking, we would be holding closed bus parades, and have the police clean the streets within a mile for people, that way no one gets hurt. next step would be having police patrols around the city, arrest anyone who badmouths Napoli or other rivals. that way, again, no one gets hurt. hopefully we can finally hold a proper parade next time by implementing these simple fixes
Are you serious? It’s not like Juve fans committed genocide to Napoli. FFS fuck them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2004
Buffon is quite simply the greatest goalkeeper of all time. Its been an honor watching such an icon of world football play for Juve for the past 17 years. His name is synonymous with Juventus and I would hate to see him wear another jersey.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No, they are not equal in term of legend status.

Buffon was the best Italian player & the best GK in the wrold during his prime and has been unanimously seen as a top 5 GK for over 20 fecking years.

Hell, he was even once voted as the best European player at one time, something Del Piero didn't achieved.

Never mind that Buffon is a huge reason why Juventus have won 7 straight Serie A titles (historic record) & reached 2 UCL-finals, losing against Barca with the best attacking trio ever and Real Madrid who have reached 3 UCLs in the past 4 years.

Del Piero was a very good forward/trequarista, but never really reached the heights Buffon did in term of greatness for us.

Buffon is a bigger Juve-legend compared to Del Piero
Just shut your mouth and don't ruin this thread with this stupid comparison of yours.

Your post not only has to be one of the most stupid posts I've read but also you almost ruined the thread with this stupid comparison and you better stop.

They are both first class legends, both untouchable and it makes no sense comparing them.

What a fvcking stupid discussion.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Just shut your mouth and don't ruin this thread with this stupid comparison of yours.

Your post not only has to be one of the most stupid posts I've read but also you almost ruined the thread with this stupid comparison and you better stop.

They are both first class legends, both untouchable and it makes no sense comparing them.

My man :tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
PSG it is then.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Kinda disappointed that he's going there but who are we to question his choices

Would be like throwing egg on our faces if he somehow wins CL with PSG though

by 'our', i mean Juve as a club

So kinda hope he never wins CL.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
According to RAI, Gigi is heading towards signing a 2-year deal with PSG.

He's really tempted by the project they have for him, in which he can compete at the highest level and have a shot at winning the UCL.

PSG have offered him a 2-year deal worth €20m / season.

20M :shocked:

thats an amazing deal. good on him

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Must be 20 million for two seasons, surely?

20 million per season sounds ludicrous. Unless we're talking gross, not net.
Even then 10M net for a 40 yr old seems crazy

These are Chinese Super league level figures

I see it was too good to turn down. Playing for a relevant club in Europe while still having a shot at CL unlike retiring somewhere in some obscure league. Very understandable decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)