Gianluigi Buffon (61 Viewers)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Naah i do understand fans like you , but it’s the opposite for me , i love Gigi , I don’t think I’ll ever love any other footballer this much.

I don’t wanna start Gigi vs Ale , but when you talk about greatest gk , you talk about Gigi , I’m not sure you can consider Alex top 3 or top 5 strikes.

He might be bigger Juve legend , but Gigi is different caliber when it coms to football in general, he is in the same level with Pele,Mesi,CR7 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Naah i do understand fans like you , but it’s the opposite for me , i love Gigi , I don’t think I’ll ever love any other footballer this much.

I don’t wanna start Gigi vs Ale , but when you talk about greatest gk , you talk about Gigi , I’m not sure you can consider Alex top 3 or top 5 strikes.

He might be bigger Juve legend , but Gigi is different caliber when it coms to football in general, he is in the same level with Pele,Mesi,CR7 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ale vs Gigi debate is so ridiculous I won't waste a second on it. I was referring to the Chiellini bit. I don't think he's even his own second favorite Juve player of all time :p

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
The Ale vs Gigi debate is so ridiculous I won't waste a second on it. I was referring to the Chiellini bit. I don't think he's even his own second favorite Juve player of all time :p
Ahh i see , he might not be most elegant defender,but dude is pure warrior , i love him .
I used to play football,and i wasn’t that talented,guys like Chiellini inspired me , but to bad i took him to seriously with tackles till I broke my leg and stopped football, anyway i was never making it .

I always like more warriors than talented footballers,but you need both in your team if you wanna win something.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I dont see whats funny about Chiellini being someones favorite, Calciopoli was 12 years ago and not everyone is old enough to have been watching football for 20 years

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ahh i see , he might not be most elegant defender,but dude is pure warrior , i love him .
I used to play football,and i wasn’t that talented,guys like Chiellini inspired me , but to bad i took him to seriously with tackles till I broke my leg and stopped football, anyway i was never making it .

I always like more warriors than talented footballers,but you need both in your team if you wanna win something.
:tup:

I love Chiellini a lot but we have had so many legendary players that it was a little odd for me to know that he is your second favorite Juve player of all time.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There are more chances that he will get elsewhere, rather than retiring.
If he was retiring, he would be given a spot in our mngmnt and that would be announced yesterday.
Maybe he hasn't decided yet but Parma really hopes that he will close his carrier there...

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014

I love Chiellini a lot but we have had so many legendary players that it was a little odd for me to know that he is your second favorite Juve player of all time.
Why? My favourite is Del Piero without a doubt, but Chiellini also not that far off. He literally bleed for this team, that ought to count for something.

Since i never actually saw platini playing, i can safely say that chiellini is above platini in my book, just as someone said before, it's a matter of preference, and not everyone saw footie since 30yr ago

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2010
There are more chances that he will get elsewhere, rather than retiring.
If he was retiring, he would be given a spot in our mngmnt and that would be announced yesterday.
Maybe he hasn't decided yet but Parma really hopes that he will close his carrier there...
we all hope, because if he would go to PSG, I would take it with pintch of salt

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No, they are not equal in term of legend status.

Buffon was the best Italian player & the best GK in the wrold during his prime and has been unanimously seen as a top 5 GK for over 20 fecking years.

Hell, he was even once voted as the best European player at one time, something Del Piero didn't achieved.

Never mind that Buffon is a huge reason why Juventus have won 7 straight Serie A titles (historic record) & reached 2 UCL-finals, losing against Barca with the best attacking trio ever and Real Madrid who have reached 3 UCLs in the past 4 years.

Del Piero was a very good forward/trequarista, but never really reached the heights Buffon did in term of greatness for us.

Buffon is a bigger Juve-legend compared to Del Piero
I have huge respect for Buffon. I have been following him since his Parma days and had hoped back then that he would find a way to white n black shirt. Buffon is prolly the greatest goalkeeper of all time but as far as Juve is concerned Del Piero remains The bigger legend of the two. They both have won shitload of titles and have been "bandieras", but Ale won European silveware which Buffon dearly misses and was undoubtedly protagonist in most of them, while smashing all the records along the way. Ale has cult status among fans...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Don’t show that photo to Hist. Cuadrado is nothing but a lifeless hooligan ultra causing trouble by setting off pyrotechnics and causing a ruckus. It’s not a wholesome image for himself, Juventus, and Serie A in general. It will just alienate more viewers. The atmosphere at the open-top bus parade wasn’t any good anyway, Man City’s was better because Guardiola and EPL.
@zizinho @Post Ironic

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Marotta confirms PSG's interest for Gigi:

"Gigi is a champion. He will decide whether to accept a role as an executive or to continue playing as a Goalkeeper. If he decides to continue playing then PSG are a front runner to secure him."

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I have huge respect for Buffon. I have been following him since his Parma days and had hoped back then that he would find a way to white n black shirt. Buffon is prolly the greatest goalkeeper of all time but as far as Juve is concerned Del Piero remains The bigger legend of the two. They both have won shitload of titles and have been "bandieras", but Ale won European silveware which Buffon dearly misses and was undoubtedly protagonist in most of them, while smashing all the records along the way. Ale has cult status among fans...
It's not even a competition, Ale all the way. @Azzurri7

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Don’t show that photo to Hist. Cuadrado is nothing but a lifeless hooligan ultra causing trouble by setting off pyrotechnics and causing a ruckus. It’s not a wholesome image for himself, Juventus, and Serie A in general. It will just alienate more viewers. The atmosphere at the open-top bus parade wasn’t any good anyway, Man City’s was better because Guardiola and EPL.
@zizinho @Post Ironic
Who really cares about trophies anyway? Thought it's obvious by now that beautifull football is what fans actually want to celebrate at the end of each season... ;) :baus:

Turin certainly doesn't care about the #MY7H.

Mar 10, 2009
I don't see the issue with comparing Buffon with Del Piero, as long as you don't disrespect either of them.

Del Piero being an attacker will always have an advantage over Buffon. However in my opinion they are both equal in terms of legacy. Come five years in future we will look back at them in equals. For a lot of us, the reality of Buffon leaving hasn't sunk in just yet.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017

i cant say that people like scirea or gentille are my favourites because i've never seen them play , there are countless legends in juventus way better than chiellini but i fan who i see and who i watch , i cant fake fan just that.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't see the issue with comparing Buffon with Del Piero, as long as you don't disrespect either of them.

Del Piero being an attacker will always have an advantage over Buffon. However in my opinion they are both equal in terms of legacy. Come five years in future we will look back at them in equals. For a lot of us, the reality of Buffon leaving hasn't sunk in just yet.
It's only starting to hit me now and the tears are flowing
Such a legend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)