Gianluigi Buffon (18 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
error or not.. we should not be waiting on buffon to save our asses after fuking up a 2-0 lead at home. He even stopped a fair share of goals.

He has saved numerous times and i think he is old enough to retire.. but today i cannot say he is the reason we dropped the ball so hard. Maybe other day, but not today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Stupid comment. No player is above the club. And yes, Sczcesny has been better for us this season. Thats not to say Buffon has been in some disastrous form but we just have a better alternative now.

But like Dai said, signal should come from Buffon himself.
I somehow missed all of you geniuses asking for Sczcesny to start in the pre game thread. Or in this thread. Or in his thread. If that was such a well known thing, how come you're only saying it once the man is down?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I somehow missed all of you geniuses asking for Sczcesny to start in the pre game thread. Or in this thread. Or in his thread. If that was such a well known thing, how come you're only saying it once the man is down?
You really missed it then. Several users wanted to keep Woj in goal after his impressive showings, not only prior to the Tottenham game. I didn't know one has to repeat that wish game after game like a crybaby to make it count.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You really missed it then. Several users wanted to keep Woj in goal, not only prior to the Tottenham game.
really? when Buffon returned from injury sure there were some saying that Woj should continue to start since he had been doing great, but after Gigi put up 3 clean sheets suddenly everyone was silent, I guess he got younger for a few weeks.

the pole was not mentioned once in any lineup or lineup discussion in the game thread, but yeah, "he should've started". I bet that was also your first thought when Buffon pulled that incredible save on Kane in 1st half

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You really missed it then. Several users wanted to keep Woj in goal after his impressive showings, not only prior to the Tottenham game. I didn't know one has to repeat that wish game after game like a crybaby to make it count.
Nope. Szczesny is shit since neither Arsenal or Roma wanted him. Fuck you fairweather fan for wanting an in-form GK to start ahead of the legend !

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon could change his mind & continue playing until 2020. (Sky)

He could but just not as a starter

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Nope. Szczesny is shit since neither Arsenal or Roma wanted him. Fuck you fairweather fan for wanting an in-form GK to start ahead of the legend !

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon could change his mind & continue playing until 2020. (Sky)

He could but just not as a starter
He didn't want Woj to start prior to the game. And you didn't either. In the pre-game thread there are actual posts of both of you agreeing to someones lineup with Buffon in it. You're just fairweather fans who won't stand by a player in tough times and will hit him in the face with his passport instead.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Basler: 'Buffon should retire’
By Football Italia staff

Former German international Mario Basler slams Gianluigi Buffon - “Juventus won’t be able to win the Champions League with him”.

The 40-year-old failed to stop Christian Eriksen’s free-kick which pulled Tottenham level at 2-2 in last night’s Champions League Last 16 match.

Speaking on German television after the match, Basler was fiercely critical of the Bianconeri captain.

“Gigi was an exceptional goalkeeper, but sometimes we miss the right time to retire,” the Euro ’96 winger said.

“He’s lost the moment to retire, I stopped at 33. The club and the Coach [Max Allegri] have to tell him that the time to stop has arrived.

“Maybe he really wants to win the Champions League, but he’s no longer an international level goalkeeper and Juventus won’t be able to win the trophy with him.”

:howler: I suggest the Aryan Neo Nazi faggot worry about his own shit.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He didn't want Woj to start prior to the game. And you didn't either. In the pre-game thread there are actual posts of both of you agreeing to someones lineup with Buffon in it. You're just fairweather fans who won't stand by a player in tough times and will hit him in the face with his passport instead.
Because it's Buffon. He was expected to start. Allegri wouldn't have made the bold decision to bench Buffon. Since your opinions have been mostly clueless ever since I've had arguments with you especially about Szczesny , I suppose I'd have to take it with a grain of salt. I want what's best for the team whether he's a legend or a youngster, nobody is above the club. But it's hard explaining this to fanboy minds like yours which evoke emotional responses like the one above. Good day.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Because it's Buffon. He was expected to start. Allegri wouldn't have made the bold decision to bench Buffon. Since your opinions have been mostly clueless ever since I've had arguments with you especially about Szczesny , I suppose I'd have to take it with a grain of salt. I want what's best for the team whether he's a legend or a youngster, nobody is above the club. But it's hard explaining this to fanboy minds like yours which evoke emotional responses like the one above. Good day.
It was the same with pirlo he was past his prime but still was starter in playing eleven till his last game

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Whatever. I don't have a problem with the bolded, but I think I've said too many times already what's upsetting to me, no need to waste words any further.

Schteinhord

Feb 10, 2011
I got really hurt by Buffon letting that freekick go in. It felt like something only a goalkeeper from Cagliari would do.

Even if the wall was misplaced, in his younger years he would have had quicker reaction and actually pulled of a save. Age is catching up and I think Buffon noticed this aswell when he let that goal sink in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Basler: 'Buffon should retire’
By Football Italia staff

Former German international Mario Basler slams Gianluigi Buffon - “Juventus won’t be able to win the Champions League with him”.

The 40-year-old failed to stop Christian Eriksen’s free-kick which pulled Tottenham level at 2-2 in last night’s Champions League Last 16 match.

Speaking on German television after the match, Basler was fiercely critical of the Bianconeri captain.

“Gigi was an exceptional goalkeeper, but sometimes we miss the right time to retire,” the Euro ’96 winger said.

“He’s lost the moment to retire, I stopped at 33. The club and the Coach [Max Allegri] have to tell him that the time to stop has arrived.

“Maybe he really wants to win the Champions League, but he’s no longer an international level goalkeeper and Juventus won’t be able to win the trophy with him.”

:howler: I suggest the Aryan Neo Nazi faggot worry about his own shit.
I love people who judge on snapshots, and when it's ex-players it's even more laughable.

Mario fucking Basler, really....he retired 15 years too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)