Gianluigi Buffon (26 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
it was a big mistake no doubt. maybe he didnt think he would shoot from there, but its on buffon no matter what. i am thinking most players know how weak buffon is at the moment and that is a big part of the reason they shoot from everywhere. Noticed in the game against lazio for the first time how they tried to shoot at every chance. no doubt every team is gonna do this, and if things dont turn around, we will loose alot of points.

- - - Updated - - -

just had a look on youtube to find this years perfomances from buffon, imo there is 5 matches where he made mistakes that cost us a goal.

juventus lazio 4-1

chievo juventus 1-2

juventus gala 2-2

milan juventus 2-3

fiorentina juventus 4-2

5 big mistakes leading to goals, in 10 matches is way too much. i no longer belive its just a dip in form, but rather hes current skill level. his reactions and agility is not good enough, and this is the result.
This.

Is no coincidence. he is looking almost amateurish. IMO his time has come... and even if it is a dip in form (which i doubt as i have never seen him this useless), we need to find a replacement...this time for real

Buy on AliExpress.com

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Gigi is the last remaining member of the Juve that I grew up watching so it's sad knowing that his time is coming to an end.

Given the fact that Leali is not prepared or proven yet and Storari is still a back-up which goalies do you guys have your eyes on? This casillas situation could be interesting.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Gigi is the last remaining member of the Juve that I grew up watching so it's sad knowing that his time is coming to an end.
Exactly, personally I don't know if I'll be as passionate about Juve as I was/am after Buffon leaves. He is the last remaining pillar of my childhood's love story with Juve.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
what does confidence have to do with reflexes? he went out simply because his decision making has been pretty horrible and this has a lot to do with concentration. he's simply done.
His reflex saves have been ok though. It's more these long ones coming in, spilling those.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Given the fact that Leali is not prepared or proven yet and Storari is still a back-up which goalies do you guys have your eyes on? This casillas situation could be interesting.
He's only 32 still and could potentially thrive with a change of scenery. Everybody drools over ter Stegen and Courtois. But I'm also curious about David Ospina, Ron-Robert Zieler (up for a new contract), and even Vicente Guaita shows some promise.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
idk about casillas. he's losing his reflexes too, and that was his main strength. not that good at reading the game or set pieces.

whoever said caballero, i agree. would be a great short term solution until we find a WC GK. low wages and i'm sure he could learn italian.

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
I really dont know why leali was not loaned out to a serie a club like bardi, and perin. he's trning 21 and if he was in seire a this year he would be ready for us next season, but this wont be the case. Have you seen these kids saves?? his refliexes are incredible

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Exactly, personally I don't know if I'll be as passionate about Juve as I was/am after Buffon leaves. He is the last remaining pillar of my childhood's love story with Juve.
Same here. Even though Vidal has been a beast for us for some time now he doesnt even come close (in terms of sentimental value for me) to Camoranesi, let alone Gigi, Alex or Nedved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)