Gianluigi Buffon (45 Viewers)

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Sell the only inspiration in our team, who also happens to be the most respected player and one of the few leaders who can lift the team? Not to mention weakening a vital part of the team when we are still struggling to add quality elsewhere.

Selling him is a bad idea even if he plays 3 months a season for the next 5 years, he is that important. His absent is always noticed so much and you can't replace his impact on the the team with 25M pounds.
Well its not 25 million pounds and its also a rumour I don't believe for one second

La stampa inglese non ha dubbi: il club di Ferguson pronto a spendere 15 milioni di sterline per soffiare il capitano della Nazionale alla Juventus. L'idea è quella di sostituire Van der Sar con il miglior portiere in circolazione

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Gianluigi Buffon's Juventus Return Postponed Until 2011

Hopes of seeing Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon back between the sticks before the new year have been dashed, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

The goalkeeper is nursing his way back to fitness after a herniated disc operation and he has decided to take it slowly to ensure he returns 100 per cent fit. Reports last month suggested he could be back in December, but that is unlikely.

Buffon does not want to risk a relapse by rushing his return and thus he is unlikely to be back in action until 2011 at the earliest.

He has been working hard on his return and could be back for the first game after the Christmas break when Juventus play host to Parma at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...-buffons-juventus-return-postponed-until-2011

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I knew this was going to happen. With the type of problem he suffered from, and the surgery and the rehab coupled with his age -- this was inevitable.

Logic paints that he will never return to his former self, only a shadow of what he once was. But hey, half a Buffon is still better than 10 Storari's in front of goal

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's not just about the superiority of Gigi's goalkeeping abilities compared to Storari and Manninger, the entire squad react positively and build a much stronger character when he's on the pitch. A great leader!

I wish we can have a season without major injuries to Buffon, I think it really helps to have Gigi from the start.

Apr 19, 2007
For some reason im afraid he is going to retire way before we want him to and his dream of playing til 40 isn't realistic anymore. Maybe not this year but I could see a un-expected retirement in the next 2-3 offseasons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)