Gianluigi Buffon (27 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Buffon's less than cheerful vibes could prompt him to leave for pastures new, according to reports...
Gianluigi Buffon wants to get away from the ongoing troubles at Juventus, with Bayern Munich and Manchester City both ready to provide some relief.

Tuttosport claims Buffon has had enough of enduring dissapointment following the Old Lady's third straight defeat, a 2-1 home loss to Roma on Saturday.

The goalkeeper is quoted as having said: "Always on the counter attack...that's enough, I cannot take it anymore," as he walked through the Stadio Olimpico tunnel after the game.

Juve are now four points off the Champions League pace, and failure to qualify for that competition could prove a further strain on the 32-year-old.

Whilst Buffon has always showed the club a strong sense of loyalty post Calciopoli, the recent slide has prompted him to change his view.

Both Bayern Munich and Manchester City are said to be tracking the goalkeeper, despite his agent Silvano Martina claiming last week that there are no plans for a move.

__

can anybody confirm this from a source other than Gdotcum?

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
If he has no confidence in the management. Why should he stay. No signs, that this will improve. He has given this club so much, and what does he get back? Idiots all over the line.... My first thought... This is BS roumours. But then I thought, why not - everybody has a threshold of how much shit they can endure....

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I can see this happen. Buffon is in his best years and I can't see him wasting those years with an incompetent coach and management. We're obviously not even close to winning major trophies.

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Buffon would cost a lot, says agent[/FONT]
Monday 25 January, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The agent of Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has warned Manchester City and Bayern Munich that his client would cost a lot to sign.

Bayern in particular are looking to reinforce between the sticks with Michael Rensing failing to convince and Hans Jorg-Butt not getting any younger.

Oliver Kahn, the Bayern goalkeeping legend, urged the German giants to make a move for Buffon last week, telling the club that he would take them to the next level.

Speaking to Tutto Mercato Web, Silvano Martina, said: “Buffon has three and a half years left on his current deal. For now, we are simply talking about rumours.

“In reality, it would take a team with enough money to satisfy both the player and Juventus,” Martina concluded.

Buffon remains the most expensive goalkeeper in the world following his €51.5m transfer from Parma to Juventus in 2001.
[/FONT]

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Great. Just what I expected. Our team is in chaos and now the rumors about our best players start coming out. Honestly though, Buffon stuck by us once and it cost him a lot. Why would he want to do it again? If the man wishes to leave, the board better fucking honor that.

May 22, 2007
"I cannot take it anymore,"

We have top top quality players here, and the minute they start saying that, the club is in a disgraceful state. Now the rumours will start pouring out, what a fun January and Summer we'll have in this thread.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's true though. The press drool over comments like that made by players of Buffon's stature. It's a fountain of everlasting rumors for the press when a player like him says that....let the rumors pour now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not too worried, lots of things are said in the heat of the moment and he is Italian after all. So this season is a write off, from this point we need to build for the future and just try to get in the CL places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)