Gianluigi Buffon (139 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Buffon Stops Trezeguet

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon intends to convince David Trezeguet to stay on with the club.

Gigi Buffon has reportedly decided to intervene to convince David Trezeguet to remain at Juventus, or at least to try and find an agreement with the Bianconeri's management.

The best goalkeeper in the world called up his friend David, and so did Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero.

He did so in a completely personal way, without pressure, a gesture that came from the heart.

Gigi and David are very close, and he was the first Azzurro to console the Frenchman after he missed the decisive penalty in the World Cup final.

The Juve management have yet to meet Trezeguet's entourage; next week Juve will offer him a new contract worth 4 million euros a season, and are not willing to go further. It will be up to the player to make the final decision.

Meanwhile Valencia have also asked about the player through their sporting director Amedeo Carboni, and have also enquired about Mauro Camoranesi.

Valencia would like to buy both players, but know they won't be able to guarantee the same fees they get in Turin. In these last few hours Barcelona have also entered the race for Trezeguet. Juventus are waiting, but not for too long!

Source: Goal

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Lippi hails "special" Buffon

Marcello Lippi has praised Gianluigi Buffon’s “special” decision to stand by Juventus, but warned David Trezeguet will be a huge loss.

The goalkeeper was set to walk out this summer, but the arrival of Coach Claudio Ranieri and a confident transfer campaign convinced him to extend his contract until 2012.

“Remaining at Juve was a wonderful decision,” said the former Bianconeri and Italy boss. “He is a very special person and so all his choices are consequently special. He is never banal.”

However, if Buffon is going to be a part of the new Juventus, the same cannot be said of Trezeguet, who has stormed off after what he said was a “ridiculous” contract offer.

“It would be a huge loss for the Bianconeri if Trezeguet were to leave. He is a complete player, although having said that so is Vincenzo Iaquinta,” noted Lippi.

“Iaquinta has pace, a good shot, is great in the air and can also play in a wide role.”

When Didier Deschamps resigned, there were efforts to bring Lippi out of his post-World Cup retirement, but it seems he could return to his work sooner than expected.

“I still needed a few months away from my work for personal reasons. I did not refuse the Juve job and the rapport between us remains splendid. Ranieri will do very well.”

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Buffon's sweetest Scudetto Sunday 17 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon says he opted to stay with Juventus so he could prove their Scudetto credentials after Calciopoli. "Some things are priceless."

“I have this great feeling that the group has the potential to win more. I have the good fortune to be with some special teammates and imagined the taste of the next Scudetto,” smiled the goalkeeper.

“It’s more or less an advertising slogan – some things are just priceless. It was a delicious feeling.”

Buffon decided to remain in Turin even after their demotion to Serie B and, now that they are back in the top flight, he has more ambitions ahead of him.

“We are proud that we dominated Serie B. It was an inevitable purgatory, as it was the only way to make Juve likeable again in the eyes of the public. Now I am seeing a strong and competitive squad being forged.”

The World Cup winner had been on the verge of walking out, admitting he was “70 per cent” sure he was leaving this summer before the arrival of Claudio Ranieri changed his mind.

Buffon had been heavily linked with Inter and Milan, but insists the reason for his turnaround was not because these sides refused to pay his considerable price-tag.

“If I had wanted to go, then I would have. It’s true there was a contract, but what sense would there have been in keeping an unhappy Buffon?”

David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi and Federico Balzaretti are on their way out and the goalkeeper does not miss them.

“I would love for Ale Del Piero and Pavel Nedved to play like they have done in these past few seasons. We would fear nobody. I love football too much and have the intelligence to understand I am a very lucky guy. I never forget it. That is something a lot of players should reflect on.”

Some transfers have already been secured and others are just in the newspapers. Buffon gave his verdict on the Bianconeri new boys.

“Domenico Criscito is the best young defender in Italy. I hope he can become like my friend Canna (Fabio Cannavaro, ndr).

“Another lad who convinces me is Claudio Marchisio, who with the right space will be in the Nazionale within two years. Perhaps nobody realised we had so many talented young players at Juve, but the season in Serie B showed what a treasure we’ve got.

“I spoke to my friends in Zaragoza about Gabriel Milito and they told me he is a phenomenon. To tell the truth I also like his brother, Diego.

“I know Tiago well. He plays for Lyon and therefore is accustomed to the top level. He is a real protagonist and would bring experience.

“Jan Klaas Huntelaar scores a lot of goals, but I don’t know much about him. He is young and that is an advantage.”

Channel 4

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Buffon's sweetest Scudetto
Sunday 17 June, 2007
Gianluigi Buffon says he opted to stay with Juventus so he could prove their Scudetto credentials after Calciopoli. "Some things are priceless."

“I have this great feeling that the group has the potential to win more. I have the good fortune to be with some special teammates and imagined the taste of the next Scudetto,” smiled the goalkeeper.

“It’s more or less an advertising slogan – some things are just priceless. It was a delicious feeling.”

Buffon decided to remain in Turin even after their demotion to Serie B and, now that they are back in the top flight, he has more ambitions ahead of him.

“We are proud that we dominated Serie B. It was an inevitable purgatory, as it was the only way to make Juve likeable again in the eyes of the public. Now I am seeing a strong and competitive squad being forged.”

The World Cup winner had been on the verge of walking out, admitting he was “70 per cent” sure he was leaving this summer before the arrival of Claudio Ranieri changed his mind.

Buffon had been heavily linked with Inter and Milan, but insists the reason for his turnaround was not because these sides refused to pay his considerable price-tag.

“If I had wanted to go, then I would have. It’s true there was a contract, but what sense would there have been in keeping an unhappy Buffon?”

David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi and Federico Balzaretti are on their way out and the goalkeeper does not miss them.

“I would love for Ale Del Piero and Pavel Nedved to play like they have done in these past few seasons. We would fear nobody. I love football too much and have the intelligence to understand I am a very lucky guy. I never forget it. That is something a lot of players should reflect on.”

Some transfers have already been secured and others are just in the newspapers. Buffon gave his verdict on the Bianconeri new boys.

“Domenico Criscito is the best young defender in Italy. I hope he can become like my friend Canna (Fabio Cannavaro, ndr).

“Another lad who convinces me is Claudio Marchisio, who with the right space will be in the Nazionale within two years. Perhaps nobody realised we had so many talented young players at Juve, but the season in Serie B showed what a treasure we’ve got.

“I spoke to my friends in Zaragoza about Gabriel Milito and they told me he is a phenomenon. To tell the truth I also like his brother, Diego.

“I know Tiago well. He plays for Lyon and therefore is accustomed to the top level. He is a real protagonist and would bring experience.

“Jan Klaas Huntelaar scores a lot of goals, but I don’t know much about him. He is young and that is an advantage.”

channel4.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is the freakin media tryin to split Juventus apaart?

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
I really hope Buffon and the new inproved offer can convince David to remain with Juventus. The core of experienced players and champions must stay at all costs.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Buffon is doing a great job to Juventus & its fans in a very critical period before the start of the new campaign. To the extent that I've become confused whether he is one of the team's pillars or an essential part in the management or the official spokesman who always induces more patience and hope in Juve fans.

The man deserves all respect and love. :pint:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
QUOTE]

:wth: Why would Gigi say this after saying that he would try to persuade Trez to stay?

I really hope Buffon and the new inproved offer can convince David to remain with Juventus. The core of experienced players and champions must stay at all costs.
:agree: Me too!

Buffon is doing a great job to Juventus & its fans in a very critical period before the start of the new campaign. To the extent that I've become confused whether he is one of the team's pillars or an essential part in the management or the official spokesman who always induces more patience and hope in Juve fans.

:agree: Gigi is da man! :heart: The BoD could learn from this man.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
i don't know what i must think now of trezeguet :

plus
- he's juventino
- goals on command

minus
- he doesn't seem to have a problem with leaving at all
- pretty useless when he doesn't score
- i already sold him on fifa07

i was kind of looking forward to an after trezeguet era ... see it like an era in which we would play eleven to eleven again :D

stay or go i don't care, whatever he really wants to

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon's sweetest Scudetto Sunday 17 June, 2007

Yeah Buffon, you tell Ranieri to keep Marchisio as a starter :D!

Mar 24, 2006
Lippi hails "special" Buffon
Sunday 17 June, 2007
Marcello Lippi has praised Gianluigi Buffon’s “special” decision to stand by Juventus, but warned David Trezeguet will be a huge loss.

The goalkeeper was set to walk out this summer, but the arrival of Coach Claudio Ranieri and a confident transfer campaign convinced him to extend his contract until 2012.

“Remaining at Juve was a wonderful decision,” said the former Bianconeri and Italy boss. “He is a very special person and so all his choices are consequently special. He is never banal.”

However, if Buffon is going to be a part of the new Juventus, the same cannot be said of Trezeguet, who has stormed off after what he said was a “ridiculous” contract offer.

“It would be a huge loss for the Bianconeri if Trezeguet were to leave. He is a complete player, although having said that so is Vincenzo Iaquinta,” noted Lippi.

“Iaquinta has pace, a good shot, is great in the air and can also play in a wide role.”

When Didier Deschamps resigned, there were efforts to bring Lippi out of his post-World Cup retirement, but it seems he could return to his work sooner than expected.

“I still needed a few months away from my work for personal reasons. I did not refuse the Juve job and the rapport between us remains splendid. Ranieri will do very well.”

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

:agree:

He must be Captain when DP retires.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
i don't know what i must think now of trezeguet :

plus
- he's juventino
- goals on command

minus
- he doesn't seem to have a problem with leaving at all
- pretty useless when he doesn't score
- i already sold him on fifa07

i was kind of looking forward to an after trezeguet era ... see it like an era in which we would play eleven to eleven again :D

stay or go i don't care, whatever he really wants to
Go and say three Hail Mary prayers and you will be redeemed. :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 131)