Gianluigi Buffon (22 Viewers)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Juve to sacrifice Buffon Wednesday 8 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Juventus are looking good for a quick return to Serie A, they may be forced to sell Gigi Buffon to help balance the books.

The Bianconeri are just three points shy of Second Division leaders Genoa, despite a nine-point Calciopoli handicap, after eight wins and two draws so far.

And despite Buffon being a key figure so far after he decided to remain following demotion, he may have to be sacrificed at the end of the season.

The Old Lady made a loss of £26m during 2005-06 and they are now pondering the option of selling the Golden Ball nominee, who has been targeted by several clubs.

In turn, part of the fee raised by the goalkeeper would be spent on new additions in the summer of 2007 to make the club more competitive on their return to the top flight.

Buffon could possibly join Inter, with the latest reports suggesting the two clubs might be close to a £21m agreement, with a £3.5m per season contract for the custodian.

The World Cup winner, who moved to Turin from Parma in 2001 for a record £32m, was linked with Chelsea last month and is also a reported target for Manchester United and Milan.

In the meantime, Juve chief Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has confirmed that the club will not be selling David Trezeguet in January.

The Frenchman did not play on Monday in the big match with Napoli and rumours have once again suggested that he may leave the Bianconeri.

But Cobolli Gigli was eager to specify that the player was only injured and there were no other motivations behind his absence.

“Trezeguet has been linked with Milan? David is absolutely not for sale,” stated the President

channel4.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sucks, hopefully there can be found another solution then this.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

though i would understand such a move, i seriously hope this is all media bs. buffon is probably our most valuable asset, he could bring in a lot of money which could be spent on making a competitive squad for next year. it would be a similar move as with zidane, we sold him at his peak, and got 3 fantastic players. only problem is buffon is irreplaceable, i can't think of anyone to fill the void that would be left with his departure. i'd only agree to sell him if he requested a transfer himself, he already did that but decided to stay to repay us. i hope he knows promotion to serie a won't be enough to repay us and that he will retire a bianconero, if that is the case gigli and the pack sell whatever you wish but leave buffon to us.

forza gigi, i have faith!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
vlatko said:
though i would understand such a move, i seriously hope this is all media bs. buffon is probably our most valuable asset, he could bring in a lot of money which could be spent on making a competitive squad for next year. it would be a similar move as with zidane, we sold him at his peak, and got 3 fantastic players. only problem is buffon is irreplaceable, i can't think of anyone to fill the void that would be left with his departure. i'd only agree to sell him if he requested a transfer himself, he already did that but decided to stay to repay us. i hope he knows promotion to serie a won't be enough to repay us and that he will retire a bianconero, if that is the case gigli and the pack sell whatever you wish but leave buffon to us.

the unbelievable thing is we bought him for 32 m pounds, how could we sell him for onlz 21?!!! when he is at his peak !!!!
thats just ridculous !

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
vlatko said:

same here :agreed:
and if we're going to sell how the hell is it for less than the actual amount we paid for him ?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
same here :agreed:
and if we're going to sell how the hell is it for less than the actual amount we paid for him ?
thank god it is just a rumour. if it came to it, anything under 40m sterling would be a definitive no for me.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
IMO this is just a rumour.

We didn't sell Zambrotta to Milan and opted to sell him to Barca, so why would we ever sell BUFFON to INTER!!!!

It's true that we were on the verge of selling Buffon to Milan, but that was only because they were willing to give us a replacement. Abbiati did well for Juve and was ready to come, the moment Abbiati signed for Torino Buffon's move collapsed.

Inter certainly can't give us a replacement for Buffon.

But IF he DOES leave, I think Amelia would be the perfect replacement for him.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Jem83 said:
I think Buffon will be sold to whoever offers the most. If that is Inter, he will go to Inter.
if the amount offered is at least the same we paid !!!
and to the guys whos is saying its a rumor, how did u know?
im praying to be just a rumor :disagree:

marco46

Jul 14, 2006
We already sold enough players since all this bullshit happened, we don't need to sell any more.
Buffon is irreplaceable and the thing is he is only 29 - not very old at all for a keeper. He has his best years still in front of him. Kahn is a classic example of that.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
marco46 said:
We already sold enough players since all this bullshit happened, we don't need to sell any more.
Buffon is irreplaceable and the thing is he is only 29 - not very old at all for a keeper. He has his best years still in front of him. Kahn is a classic example of that.
Yeah absolutely.. Gigi will be at his best for at least 6 more years. But I do feel that sacrificing Buffon is a likely scenario because the truth is; we've lost huge sums of income due to the relegation. I don't want to see him leave either, but one has to take into consideration that it could happen. If we can raise £20-25m we could build a very strong squad for the Serie-A.

I don't think we'll get £31m for him if he gets offloaded in the summer, because times have changed, and no one pays that for a goalkeeper anymore.

If he stays past this season, we will have to offload somebody else. And please tell me: which other squad member could be sold for £20m plus ?

Sorry guys, but he's going.
Either the Agnellis invest some more cash or he's going.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve-Prince said:
the unbelievable thing is we bought him for 32 m pounds, how could we sell him for onlz 21?!!! when he is at his peak !!!!
thats just ridculous !

That´s because Transfer Quotes are not that high anymore.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
marco46 said:
agree completely man :agree:
he is irreplacable and soccer won't see a keeper like him, at least in the near future !!! :agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah times has changed but now hes a better player than he was before.Hes now known as the best of all.
Although the mercato is not like it was, we should be able to at least get the sum of money we paid for him.Anything less imo is failed deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)