Gianluigi Buffon (92 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
[video=twitter;725714315639037952]https://twitter.com/RashaBekdache/status/725714315639037952[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Historically, the best goalies are usually at 80% btw.

He deserves the best player award this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Interview from April 22, the best interview I've read lately:

Have you always been a GK?

Buffon "No, I started out as a midfielder & did well. I also liked playing as a ST like all kids do." 1/2

Buffon "I wasn't bad, I was strong in midfield but if I continued that route I doubt I'd have had the same career I did as a GK." 2/2

Buffon on how he became a GK "It was during Italia 90, I fell in love with a player, it wasn't Maradona nor Lineker but Cameroon GK N'Kono."

Buffon "My father then encouraged me to try playing as a GK for a yr & then switch if I didn't like it, I tried & ever since I've been a GK"

Buffon on moving to Parma "I was shortlisted by one of their scouts who covered Tuscany for the club. By that time I had already done.." 1/2

Buffon "..2 trials: Bologna & Milan. Both had gone well & the clubs were finalizing details and that is when Parma slipped in." 2/2

Buffon on GK "In an important game you're fully focused on play even when your team is attacking, preparing for a sudden counter." 1/2

Buffon "In less important games where you've a good lead, when the ball's away you think about daily life issues etc. That's the truth!" 2/2

Buffon "Essential qualities of a GK? First of all I would say transmitting a sense of security to others, to your team." 1/2

Buffon "You have to do it, regardless of what you feel inside. You have to let others know that you have the situation under control." 2/2

Buffon "An insecure goalkeeper will result in an insecure team."

Q: How difficult is it for a GK to recover after an error?

Buffon "Look, that is where you see the true quality of a number one." 1/3

Buffon "In the following game, or even action, you will be pervaded by indecision & hesitation. Mistakes can lead to more mistakes." 2/3

Buffon "And here comes the role of the sense of security which you've to transmit. For me, being in the eye of the storm is a stimulus." 3/3

Buffon on his reaction to making a mistake "I become motivated to prove to everyone that I slipped but did not fall."

Buffon "Being scared because of an error I made? As a boy, yes, a lot. It was like a short-circuit in a system that was working well."

Buffon "It may sound like a paradox, but for a GK, the longer you play the better you become since you learn not to tolerate any mistakes."

Buffon "Biggest mistake? For the U-21s v England. Best save? Inzaghi's header in the CL or the one vs Paraguay."

When Juve went to B you could've gone to Real or Barcelona but decided to remain at Juve, why?

Buffon "Yes, top teams wanted me but.." 1/3

Bufon "..I decided to stay at Juve first of all because of gratitude, a value that we need to see reappear (in today's football)." 2/3

Buffon "Then I wanted to demonstrate that the values of football in which I believe cannot only be said & need to also be practiced." 3/3

Buffon on Infantino "I expect him to recover the credibility of people working in football, at all levels. We'll see, but I have faith."

Buffon on young Italian GKs "You've Donnarumma, Juve's Audero, Udinese's Meret. Earlier generations, Sportiello, Perin, Consigli, Mirante.."

Buffon "Which strikers troubled me most? Bobo Vieri at his peak & il fenomeno Ronaldo. They both took away my sleep."

What will you miss most about football?

Buffon "The locker-room atmosphere. Long lasting bonds are formed there."

More of Buffon on concentration, abilities a GK must possess, and recovering from a mistake:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgumTRXUoAAkHHl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgumTVAU4AAaqx2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgumTaNUkAE69u4.jpg

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Buffon: 'I want Champions League'
By Football Italia staff

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon reveals his post-retirement preferences, but first “the Champions League hunt continues.”

The shot-stopper has shattered records this season, despite being 38 years old, and has said he’d like to play on until the age of 40.

“The time for receiving individual prizes has come and gone. Now I think of what is best for my club and country,” Buffon told TG1.

“The Champions League hunt continues. I have two years left, so two possibilities. Seeing as I don’t have that much of a chance, we must ensure we reduce our regrets to a minimum.”

Despite his stunning career, Buffon has never won the Champions League trophy.

He confirmed his desire to play in a record-breaking sixth World Cup in 2018, so what will he do after that?

“In my future I see more of a directorial role than a coaching one. The mind of the Coach wears you down so quickly.

“I have been a professional for 20 years and I think the directorial road is better for me.”

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
[video=twitter;726834663411560449]https://twitter.com/IndianRegista/status/726834663411560449[/video]

Anyone know if this is foreal and not during a goal celebration or smth? This is really far up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The goalkeeper was not even nominated for the Ballon d’Or last year, does that rejection sting?
“In all honestly I don’t feel any sense of injustice about the Ballon d’Or,” Buffon insisted.
“I know I’ve had a brilliant career, I know I’ve come close a few times, and deservedly so, I think.
“But I also know that if I didn’t win, it means I didn’t do enough. That’s the only truth, you can’t start looking for bad faith or other things.
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]“The fault is only mine, because I should have done better in certain situations.”
What a response, but Buff, we all know deep inside this is not true.

What Buffon has done is remarcable. More than what any other keeper in history has done.

Sadly, The only thing we have not done for UEFAlona to give him a ballow dor is win the damn thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)