Gianluigi Buffon (131 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
the emotional drama has gone on way too long.

get over it people.
Yeah, dude isn't dead or anything, he's a keeper and shit happens. He's not going to be all emo about it.

---------- Post added 03.05.2012 at 16:13 ----------

I hope we are leading 3-0 and we get a PK. Gigi takes it and scores :touched:
Don't make me bring out more WTF memes.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Zoff: Buffon will recover
By Football Italia staff

Legendary Italian goalkeeper Dino Zoff doesn’t think that Gigi Buffon will be psychologically affected by his howler for Juventus last night.

Buffon lost possession of the ball late in the game against Lecce which allowed the visitors to grab a 1-1 draw. That result subsequently saw Juve’s lead over Milan at the top of the table cut to just one point.

“These things happen,” Zoff told ANSA. “There is no reason to make a drama out of it. I think that Buffon, even if he hasn’t forgotten about it, has put it behind him.

“It was just an error, a mistake that can happen in the game.

“It would certainly have affected him at the time, but I don’t expect it to cause any problems for him on Sunday.

“Everyone in football, in all professions, make mistakes. It is only different for a goalkeeper because it is more evident, but not more serious.”

Juve and Buffon will face Cagliari on Sunday before playing host to Atalanta on the last day of the campaign.

Zoff, captain of Italy’s 1982 World Cup winning side, was a star for Juventus and the Azzurri. Buffon recently surpassed Zoff’s tally of 112 caps for his country.

Bianconero90

Forza Gigi, you're still a hero forever for me!! Whatever happened, happened! Now, let's look forward and win the scudetto for Buffon!!

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
FORZA BUFFON, he will bounce back! Now, let's wrap this season up please. And a big fuck you to everyone that has said something against him. The first player I ever loved, and always will :heart:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I bet people on this forum are getting their panties in a bunch way more than Buffon is. It's just a game in the end.
No way, man :disagree:

Way more than just a game.

However, let's all stay calm. We love Gigi and he is forgiven (by the majority of us).

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I bet people on this forum are getting their panties in a bunch way more than Buffon is. It's just a game in the end.
i'm sorry but that isn't something a real Juventus fan would say. i've been watching Juve for 18 years now I can't help but get angry at situations like this, its something which could have easily been avoided and he risked conceding 3 times yesterday(even dribbled Di Michele)

No ones doubting what a legend Buffon has become at the club but this was a really stupid mistake made at a bad time

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh not doubt about it... but it goes without saying that we are all backing him up and waiting for a monster performance against cagliari.

We need to go out to kill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)