Gianluigi Buffon (252 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Buffon welcomes Del Neri
Thursday 20 May, 2010

Gianluigi Buffon feels the introduction of Gigi Del Neri and Beppe Marotta is “a good foundation to get Juventus back on track.”

Today the club unveiled its new Coach and director general, both drafted in from Sampdoria.

“They represent a good foundation to get Juventus back on track after a year that has not brought much joy,”
said the goalkeeper.

He is one of those thought likely to leave Turin over the summer after their failure to qualify for the Champions League.

“When we do meet up, I’m sure we’ll talk it over. I doubt there will be any kind of problem. We all want to win after three years of purgatory – the club, players and fans. With this shirt on our backs, it is our duty to win.”

Inter could secure the Treble on Saturday in the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich, but Buffon does not wish ill on his rivals.

“I’ll be supporting Italy. As always, we need to find a little patriotic spirit and that helps the Nazionale as well.

“As for the World Cup I think, as in other years, we’ll have a bit of a slow start. Despite the fact we are the holders, there isn’t much confidence in our chances, but I think at the end of the day we can do well.

“After all, being ignored or cast aside could prompt a strong reaction in the team’s pride, so we could be a surprise, just as we were four years ago in Germany.

“Betting on Italy is an act of faith.”

He seems a bit drunk or hangover :D

Its either someone from the poker desk who did it, or Marotta gave him something so Gigi wouldnt speak openly what he really thinks about all this :D

Marotta :evil:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
"Gigi" Buffon now a PokerStars ambassador

(PRESS RELEASE) -- PokerStars is pleased to welcome a new member to its team of International Ambassadors – Italian national goalkeeper Gianluigi 'Gigi' Buffon.

Buffon, the current Juventus FC goalkeeper and a member of the Italian World Cup winning team in 2006, will head a new PokerStars.it advertising campaign aimed at Italian players.

Buffon is familiar with taking centre stage. He has been named 'Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year' a record nine times and has captained the national team. He will also be part of the Italian squad at this year's World Cup in South Africa.

"It's a union that combines the qualities often found in both sport and poker – those of skill, hard work and mental concentration. It also highlights that the very best players relish the challenge, whether it's on the football pitch or at the poker table – a passionate pursuit of victory," stated Barbara Beltrami, PokerStars' Italian Country Manager.

Buffon can't wait to get stuck in to his new role. "I love living life to the full," he said. "I know there will be many commitments, but I love playing poker and the opportunity to join Italy's (and the worlds) largest poker site is an honour and a great challenge. I can't wait to play against Team PokerStars Pros and I'm ready to have lots of fun playing against everyone who wants to take me on."

"It is truly a pleasure for us to have Gigi Buffon as an Ambassador for PokerStars.it," said Beltrami. "His sporting and competitive spirit embodies the values of our brand and we feel very proud that the number one goalkeeper in the world decided to represent the number one poker site in Italy."

http://www.rgtonline.com/article/gi...tars-ambassador-99893?CategoryName=Poker News

May 4, 2004
What ever Gigi does this summer, we as fans have to accept it.. I got so much respect for Gigi.. Im very proud to have such a player/person in this team.

Forza Buffon.. I hope u'll be here next season also..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 250)