Gianluigi Buffon (196 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Marchetti :agree: and watch for Palermo's Sirigu.

Gigi is the greatest but if we have competent people on board and have an offer we can't refuse we could make a team that can win major trophies for many years.

but that was only a fear I had that I'd think he was gonna leave. I guess if we continue dropping like that it'll be inevitable.

We could make a very good mercato this summer even with him on board. You could get your Kolarov's, Hazard's, Kjaer's, bring back Ekdal, sign Caceres, even Candreva if he does well. I'd still have $$$ for Elia and a striker but not Dzeko. Not enough money. We could have some for a freebie(Chamakh :bah!: ) or even Matri. All that without selling Gigi but hoping we get some cash for Tiago, Almiron, Molinaro, Trez, Zebina....

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchetti :agree: and watch for Palermo's Sirigu.

Gigi is the greatest but if we have competent people on board and have an offer we can't refuse we could make a team that can win major trophies for many years.

but that was only a fear I had that I'd think he was gonna leave. I guess if we continue dropping like that it'll be inevitable.

We could make a very good mercato this summer even with him on board. You could get your Kolarov's, Hazard's, Kjaer's, bring back Ekdal, sign Caceres, even Candreva if he does well. I'd still have $$$ for Elia and a striker but not Dzeko. Not enough money. We could have some for a freebie(Chamakh :bah!: ) or even Matri. All that without selling Gigi but hoping we get some cash for Tiago, Almiron, Molinaro, Trez, Zebina....
At least Mark and I think alike...:stuckup:

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Eh, give him time. I'm not suggesting selling Buffon...but if we did and were offered some nasty number for it then we really could use the money similar to what we did when we offloaded Zizou...Buffon's biggest deed for this club could be his departure...we could totally revamp all spots needed with that.
We don't have Moggi no more, he was the reason why that money was put to good use. And Bettega was just the face, Moggi and the other guy did all the work.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
No way. I'll never sell Gigi. I can't imagine what we would have been like if it wasn't for him, especially this year.

I want to see him happy and winning again with Juventus. :touched:

We'll be back Superman! :strong:

Apr 17, 2009
Hypothetically speaking, if we sold Gigi to raise transfer cash then all the teams we dealt with would hold out and dick us around trying to have us overpay because they know we'll have a lot of cash after that.

Bad idea.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's the same discussion we had a while back in the Chiellini thread. You just don't sell certain players who are so vital to our success. If we want to reach top level we'll have to invest and raise funds by getting rid of the dead wood. This is definitely not the way.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
well, for me marchetti is just an overhyped goalie... not bad, but we should look elsewhere.

btw, what´d be buffon´s price? note, he is 32.

I don´t think we could get more than 20 mil. what do you think?

May 22, 2007
We could get €40m for him. Goalkeepers don't 'age' on a football field as much as outfield players and Buffon has 4 top seasons at the very least. Not that we should consider it.

It's the same discussion we had a while back in the Chiellini thread. You just don't sell certain players who are so vital to our success. If we want to reach top level we'll have to invest and raise funds by getting rid of the dead wood. This is definitely not the way.
Very well said. People actually think we can replace Buffon? :howler:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Remember what we did with the Zidane sale?

I'm not suggesting we do, I love Gigi but the money we would get if used wisely would be huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 194)