Gianluigi Buffon (17 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How? I've been criticizing Gigi a lot in the past, but like probably every juventino, i'm a fan of the man.

Therefore it pains me even more to see that Gigi turned out to be on of those athletes who just can't let go and miss the right time to call it quits, just to get mocked as old man on social media after every blunder - and they aren't even wrong.
yeah, this 100%.

i love buffon, i really do, i wish him the best, but the club comes first. i really hope for everyone's sake that he's in a good shape.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
i'v seen countless of athletes in different sports who happened to hang around just little bit too "long", but cannot tell them what to do really, as it's the only thing they have done since their childhoods. it's hard to let go and what im seeing here, gigi is coming home, to retire at home just like it was always meant to be. people should calm down, he's 2nd goalie who's gonna probably play couple of games this season and everytime he steps between the pipes, i'll cherish every moment of it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
the man proved himself a capable goalie at his age, last season he went to a new league, got Trapp loaned out and Areola benched, one mistake against Manchester doesn't turn him into a senile old fart that'd be a danger to us as 2nd goalie, he's no Chimenti lol. him signing for less money and wanting guarantees about not sitting the whole season on bench is a good thing

Mar 9, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon will reportedly sign a contract with Juventus that stipulates he must make at least 10 appearances.

Buffon has all-but-agreed a one-year deal with Juve worth €1.5m, prior to taking up a coaching or directorial role at the club.

However, La Repubblica claims it will include a clause that forces Coach Maurizio Sarri to play him in at least eight League games.

Indeed, the 41-year-old is exactly eight matches away from surpassing the Serie A record of 674 appearances, held by Paolo Maldini.

The clause would also entitle the goalkeeper to featuring in at least two Champions League fixtures.

:sergio: :sergoi: :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

@DAiDEViL

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Salary is fine, but the guarantees i don't like, especially not the CL ones. He's 41 and a liability at this point. Couldn't he just come back as staff member right away? Am i supposed to be celebrating his farewell again? How do i know it's the last time, and not like the never ending last Rolling Stones tour?

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
My love is coming back. The dream is alive. The fairy tale may just become real. Please let's win that CL for him.

- - - Updated - - -

I can not believe this. I am in fairyland.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone wake me up

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2015
Looks like buffon is one of those people..... It seems to be an Italian thing. an old player many years past his prime wants to continue playing no matter what.

Totti and de rossi stayed till they wore out their welcome and left on bad terms.

as soon as del piero saw the writing on the wall, he left as well..

im not at all a fan of clingy seniors who don't know when the times up...

and the guarantee thing is outrageous. how would you feel if you were woj? he sat on the bench for a year to earn his spot, now he has to yield games to someone whos "entitled" to it because of his status with the club.

now 1 woj mistake, and were going to have all these nostalgia name loving "fans" demanding buffon become the #1 keeper, and creating a completely unnessacry distraction.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe they asked him to come back. I think he should have retired too, but maybe its mutually beneficial
I think so too. For juve it is beneficial as we can sell perin and use the money to fund other players or balance the books. Our legendary keeper coming back, means that management still trusts him and I would not be surprised if they extend his stay next year too, on low wages of course.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)