Gianluca Vialli (9 Viewers)

taem

May 1, 2011
Well I like Vialli lol. He was here when I first started getting into the club and that era was very good to me. Good to all of you, too.

I absolutely adore "The Italian Job," because it's fun as heck to read and he rips English football to little pieces and then pees on the pile. Guy is a thinker. I actually would not mind giving him a try. Sure he sucked as manager, but that was in England, maybe Vialli tried to be too cerebral for those guys. And having sucked then, he's had time to reflect and learn lessons, which most managers don't, they just move on immediately. Ok I'm reaching, maybe. But I just flat out like the guy, love what he did for us.

Anyway if you haven't read it, give it a glance, "Italian Job," it's fun stuff.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well I like Vialli lol. He was here when I first started getting into the club and that era was very good to me. Good to all of you, too.

I absolutely adore "The Italian Job," because it's fun as heck to read and he rips English football to little pieces and then pees on the pile. Guy is a thinker. I actually would not mind giving him a try. Sure he sucked as manager, but that was in England, maybe Vialli tried to be too cerebral for those guys. And having sucked then, he's had time to reflect and learn lessons, which most managers don't, they just move on immediately. Ok I'm reaching, maybe. But I just flat out like the guy, love what he did for us.

Anyway if you haven't read it, give it a glance, "Italian Job," it's fun stuff.
Yep, that's was a really good book. But he doesn't completely shit on English football, imo. He tries to be fair.

taem

May 1, 2011
Yep, that's was a really good book. But he doesn't completely shit on English football, imo. He tries to be fair.
Shitting on English football is fair. I was giggling throughout that book. 'They don't have the intelligence or tactical sophiscation to play anything other than 4-4-2 longball', to sum it up. You know what else shits on English football? Soccernomics. Another book I love. "You would never hire a Frenchman to manage a baseball team, because French don't think hard about basebal. And you would never hire an Englishman to manage a football club, because English don't think hard about football."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)