Gianluca Frabotta (4 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think people expect a Marcelo or something.

He is a 21 yo with no first team experience and has been asked to fill a gap in the squad. With a player like that you are just looking for them to do the basics and not make too many mistakes, he has far exceeded that and been heavily involved in 3 goals in our last 2 games.

I don't see him as a long term starter but as a low cost, home grown squad filler he is ideal.
:tup:

I really don't see why he gets so much criticism. It's almost laughable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He has some laughable moments every time he plays.
I wouldn't say laughable. But he usually does make some mistakes.
You won't hear me say he's perfect but, for me, the good far outweighs the bad and I do see a lot of potential in him.

But, most important, he plays a hell of a lot better & is lot more reliable than quite a few of our "star" players. Not too shabby considering what you could realistically expect from him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I wouldn't say laughable. But he usually does make some mistakes.
You won't hear me say he's perfect but, for me, the good far outweighs the bad and I do see a lot of potential in him.

But, most important, he plays a hell of a lot better & is lot more reliable than quite a few of our "star" players. Not too shabby considering what you could realistically expect from him.
I completely agree.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #187
    That's true.

Also he's learning on the job, which is quite a unique situation for a Juventus player, but something we could see more over the coming years if we truly want to use the U23 team. I don't mean learning to play for Juve and with this team but learning pro football. Usually we sign international players or at least young players who have a season under their belts at the top level. He's coming into the team out of necessity, jumping from Serie C to the biggest team in Serie A, and he has pressure to immediately be a good player. That's unrealistic, he's going to make mistakes. And he'd get away with them more if the team wasn't struggling for points in the first half of the season, but we can afford so few mistakes that he faces the same pressure as someone with 50 international caps.

The only other player in a similar sort of position in the last 20 or so years was Paul Pogba. Frabotta obviously doesn't have the talent of Pogba but he also can't afford the same mistakes he could get away with, because he plays in a high risk position and without the same protection either side of him.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    some players you see play and you see spark. you know they are special. like messi when he was 17

some players you see play and you see spark, but know they are raw and need time. like marchisio when he was 22.

some players you see play, but know they are serie b level. frabotta is serie b level. i don't see any potential in him

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Coach wanted to play a serie c player, coach got a serie c performance. Won't blame Frabotta here.

I'd understand giving him so many chances had he been some decent talent, but at this point it looks like we are stubbornly playing him only to take piss of Paratici for starting the season with one LB/LWB in Sandro.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Hung out to dry by a ridiculously open system and Ramsey not tracking back.
    while i agree, he seems like such a pussy player. sometimes u see young players play with no fear due to wanting to impress so bad.

he barely crosses the ball or runs with it depsite his massive frame.weak player for me. serie b material

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)