Get Rid Of Tudor !!!!! (5 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
There are others that should be sold Before even thinking about selling Igor, Like Iuliano and Montero. IMO he is better than both of them when he is fit enough.
agreed. i think we should sell iuliano first then we can discuss bout selling igor. and i think if we want to sell igor we should get ourselves another defender first.

but i dont agree on letting montero go :Dhe might be ageing or whatever, but i'd like to see him join ferrara's we-are-already-aged-juve-defenders club :angel:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:
rolleyes: that's a very weak point, there's so many things that contributed to that $#!^ performance. By saying that Tudor's injury was a factor in our loss, aren't you acknowledging that he's got something useful to contribute to the team?
Oh really, it is a weak point did you say? First of , a manager has 3 chances to change the cause of a game in the change of personnel, now if 2 of those changes are forced on him due to injury, you do not think thats a disadvantage to him
Davids' was unfortunate as he doesn't get injured, so thats one change Lippi did not foresee and it was not tactical, he just had to make a change, then Tudor goes and does what he always does injure himself but this time by trying a back heel, so thats 2 subs gone and the only tactical change he made was to bring on zala
Roque Junior got injured so if Lippi had the chance to bring on Dv. do you not think it might have helped our chances?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Hey it would have helped our chances if Milans bus had ****ing cought fire, or if they all got food poisoning. Whats done is done, there is no need to blame anyone now, especially Tudor. We didnt lose because of him, we lost beacuse of Montero, Treze and Zala.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If there is no need to blame anyone and whats gone is gone, why are you blaming Zala, Trez and Montero?
The fact of the matter is that his habitual injuries are costing the team and I would rather have a 30 year old fit player than a 21 year old who is perpetually injured
Another case in point is when we played Parma 2 seasons ago and Lippi brought on Tudor for Tacchinardi, we were losing 1-0 and what happens , Tudor get injured virtually 5 mins after he had just come on and we had to finish the game with him limping about and we consequently lost the game, thank goodness Inter fecked up as we definitely wouldn't have won the scudetto

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
Yes give him a chance,he did not played in euro 2002 'cause of injurie(we can say that juve had some blame in that).he always give 100% of himself and try to imagine how he feels after that(you saw his face after his OG )...

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
It's a shame that many of you dont want to give him a chance.....
here's a couple of points i'd like to clear up.

1. It's only been 2 years. DP has been out longer and doesn't contribute every now and then like Tudor does.

2. it's true that Tudor isn't as important as DP and his history with juve is no where near DP's, but Tudor's wages are a hell of a lot less than DP's. so it evens out.

3. He's only around 27. he's still got at least 5 great years of defending in him.

4. If he ever does get fully fit, then our D would be a hell of a lot tighter. the man was Brilliant in the 00/01 season and i dont see why he can't repeat those performances when he's injury free.
it's not like he loses his touch (unlike DP). Tudor actually played well against Real Soc. in fact, he played Great for a person who hasn't started a game in ages!

5. Let's not do what Inter did to Ronaldo. Ronaldo was sold after years of injuries then he was sold as he got better. let's give Tudor at least till the end of the year to find strength.

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
Yes and if he not scored against Deportivo we wouldnt be in final of CL..
Another case in point is when we played Parma 2 seasons ago and Lippi brought on Tudor for Tacchinardi, we were losing 1-0 and what happens , Tudor get injured virtually 5 mins after he had just come on and we had to finish the game with him limping about and we consequently lost the game, thank goodness Inter fecked up as we definitely wouldn't have won the scudetto [/QUOTE]

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
If there is no need to blame anyone and whats gone is gone, why are you blaming Zala, Trez and Montero?
The fact of the matter is that his habitual injuries are costing the team and I would rather have a 30 year old fit player than a 21 year old who is perpetually injured
Another case in point is when we played Parma 2 seasons ago and Lippi brought on Tudor for Tacchinardi, we were losing 1-0 and what happens , Tudor get injured virtually 5 mins after he had just come on and we had to finish the game with him limping about and we consequently lost the game, thank goodness Inter fecked up as we definitely wouldn't have won the scudetto

I'm not blaming them. I only said that if we were to blaim someone it should be them three, not Tudor.

And Tudor has scored more than enough last minute goals to more than even out that Parma match you're talking about.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
if Lippi had the chance to bring on Dv. do you not think it might have helped our chances?
Not on Di Vaio's form last season :rolleyes::groan:

I see your point though, the loss caused by Tudor's injury was a tactical one, but I'd rather have scored 1 or 2 of those penalties than had another substitution available.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the thing is though that tudor is seen than more than a defender to lippi. he is seen as an option for DM.

Tudor is injury prone but i cant see him continue to be as often injured as in recent years. in form, he is great, but at the same time, this rarely happens.

Ferrara, Montero and Iuliano will all be gone next season. Ciro will retire, Montero and Iuliano should look elsewhere to end their careers as they are more liabilities than assets.

With this in mind, it leaves us Legrottaglie and Tudor. Two injury prone players at the moment. Bringing in players such as Mexes and Ferrari to me is vital. why??

1. Tudor cant be relied upon to be a first team regular, as it stands now.

2. We will need at least 4 good CBs in our squad for rotation, injuries and suspensions.

3. We need a player to replace Montero, and Mexes, tudor and Legrottaglie are not that type of player, hence, Ferrari to me is the best player for that job.

4. And, i think losing 3 CBs in one season is enough change already. Therefore, Tudor should be kept.

in regards to buying a player like Oddo, it might be a good idea as Thuram could play in the middle, and we would not need that second purchase in a defender. he could play Montero's role. Hence, only Mexes brought in.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Is Legro really that injury-prone? I don't think he is, probably just an unfortunate incident really...

I agree that we need 4 good CBs in our squad, and many names have been thrown up. The final decision, though, lies with Moggi, and I have faith in the man that he'll bring quality players to the club.

I also agree that Tudor should be kept, even if merely for the sake of keeping up the numbers.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
If his salary isn't too much and if we can't sell him for a decent proce (which would be the case most likely) then I don't have any reason against him staying in Juve. And he's not completely useless you know...he plays reasonably well when he's fit.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Adrian, I do agree with your points.

However, I'm not sure if moving Thuram to CB at this point in his career is a good move. He hasn't found his form yet at RB, and being 33 next year, he may not be able to keep pace with a more involved role.

That's why all this transfer talk about players like Adriano, Gilardino, etc... are crazy.

This team needs Defense. That's why a Mexes and/or Oddo/Ferrari would be perfect for this team.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Thuram's natural position is CB, and even though he excelled at RB last season, the reason he was considering a move to Moneychester Utd. was that Lippi refused to play him in his preferred position

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
so conclusion would be, we keep tudor and buy 2 more defenders. wow. moggi, are you listening, jot this down....
yes i would like to see this happen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)