German football (2 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
The NT, the league and the whole reputation of German football is hanging in the balance.

Kaiser Franz was the latest to critise amateur coach Klinsman..

Who has Oliver Beirhoff as his assistant :wallbang:

What do you think of this at the moment? The two nil loss was totally embarissing..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I think Klinsmann has done a fairly good job so far. Not his fault Germany have the most talent deprived squad they've ever had.

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I think Klinsmann has done a fairly good job so far. Not his fault Germany have the most talent deprived squad ever.
    He isnt making a unit of the squad. He has ridden his luck so far- the only good results he had were to the merit of the players working their socks off.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, I dont think you can really blame him. He was an inexpereinced coach and the FA should have taken that into account when they hired him. There were better coaches around but they chose him, and TBH I too think he got the job too early in his career.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
    Gemany was never about talent. Dedication and discipline were the motto. Playing for the Manschaft was arbeit.

True, but they always had some talent to complement their hard work. Fact is that todays squad is simply not good enough, no matter how hard they work.

They play Klose in the first 11 FFS. Enough said. :D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well the team is promising...but klinsmann doesnt put the best system for the team. For example the Holland game he puts a midfield of frings---hamman---ballack---ernest( wat the hell is he thinking)
    Germany have excellent wingers and he doesnt use them for some reason.

The defense and the forwards look the most shaky parts of the team. Well i think since germany have no important matches they have only friendlies... so he can test many players.
    For the defence i think metzelder should be tested in the squad, next as he is fit again after injury.
    Also the young players on the left like jansen and were waiting for lahm to be back.
    I think that arne friedirich should be in the CB position along side meterascker.Woerns should be on the bench for more experience.Arne would be bring the more needed speed in the back line. On the right the team has the most options i think the best is hinkel.

Midfield is the very good and one of the best worldwide i think.schweni--frings(borowski)--ballack--deisler is the best option in midfield.

Upfront i think the team needs to try more players.. players like lauth.The players that r currently on the team r not providing wat the team needs. Podolski is the best play until now. Kuranyi, asamoah.R not doing anything and r complete ****.Klose did alrite but needs to produce better.

the keeper situation is ridicolous... he should jsut choose a keeper so that the defense could get used to him.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Germany are a mess and then get their act together when it counts; it's what they do. They were total rubbish prior to the World Cup of 2002 and they made it to the final.

As much as I hate to admit it: Germany has a better chance of winning the coming world cup than Holland.

See, Holland are like a great sportscar. Shiny, beautiful and fast but vulnerable on the bumpy track that is a World Cup. The Germans, on the other hand, are like a tank; gearing up to the right speed when it counts and crushing everything in their path.

Love 'em or hate 'em; they'll be there and they'll be going far. Mark my words.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i have to agree with u abt that....the best example is the confd. cup.. where they had some good matches against top teams like brazil and argentina.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Germany are a mess and then get their act together when it counts; it's what they do. They were total rubbish prior to the World Cup of 2002 and they made it to the final.

As much as I hate to admit it: Germany has a better chance of winning the coming world cup than Holland.

See, Holland are like a great sportscar. Shiny, beautiful and fast but vulnerable on the bumpy track that is a World Cup. The Germans, on the other hand, are like a tank; gearing up to the right speed when it counts and crushing everything in their path.

Love 'em or hate 'em; they'll be there and they'll be going far. Mark my words.
    Holland always lacked spirit. You have a nation going wild, but the players themselves are too scared. They'll always choke.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    No they don't choke - we are too individualistic a people to ever be really successful in a team sport.
    They don't choke? Let me just say "Seedorf".

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Penalty kicks is a different thing altogether. I mean regular play. Usually we go out because of a mixture of the following reasons:

1) Individualism has caused some fights and destroyed team moral
    2) Arrogance causes them to underestimate the opponent and lose
    3) Trailing causes panic and panic in Holland equals individualism
    4) The Dutch attitude of 'almost there equals being there' causes us to concede five goals in the last ten minutes of the match

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Penalty kicks is a different thing altogether. I mean regular play. Usually we go out because of a mixture of the following reasons:

1) Individualism has caused some fights and destroyed team moral
    2) Arrogance causes them to underestimate the opponent and lose
    3) Trailing causes panic and panic in Holland equals individualism
    4) The Dutch attitude of 'almost there equals being there' causes us to concede five goals in the last ten minutes of the match
    All easily avoidable reasons..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)