[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (78 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
extended winter break for Bundesliga this season?? seems they have the whole January off, don't remember them having such a long break. end of Jan, Dortmund and Bayern still playing friendlies :confused:

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
The last time the Bundesliga started that late was 2008/09 and they r starting a week later than last year. One reason is last year the season needed to be finished earlier to prepare for the WC and the other is, this season the CL final is extra late with June 6th.

The big majority of the clubs started training camp between 5th and 7th of January. The first team was Stuttgart teaming up at January 3rd.

Turkey (Belek, 6 teams) and Spain (La Manga, Cardiz, Marbella, Malaga) often preferred, but some went overseas to USA (Orlando, Leverkusen and Cologne), Qatar (Bayern and Schalke), Dubai (HSV), South Africa (Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim) and UAE (Frankfurt).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Can't wait. Was never interested in the Bundesliga tbh, despite it being a top league for a while now. But I always try to catch Bayern games now that Pep is there. :tup:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Can't wait. Was never interested in the Bundesliga tbh, despite it being a top league for a while now. But I always try to catch Bayern games now that Pep is there. :tup:
Fuck Bayern and Pep :D Seriously though, i hate watching Bayern games, it's the most predictable you can get. I love watching the mid table clubs from the Bundesliga. There's so much passion and atmosphere.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fuck Bayern and Pep :D Seriously though, i hate watching Bayern games, it's the most predictable you can get. I love watching the mid table clubs from the Bundesliga. There's so much passion and atmosphere.
Thats definitely true. It has never appealed to me though.

I disagree about Bayern being predictable, I mean ya, they will always look to control the ball, but thats all. He always introduces incremental innovations here and there. I like the way Bayern's fullbacks don't overlap and provide width like traditional fullbacks do, if you notice Rafinha and Alaba play alongside the two CM's and make a line of four when Bayern is in possession, leaving the width to Ribery and Robben. This gives Bayern superiority in midfield and allows them to snuff out any attempt at a counter attack at its source. Haven't seen that being done very often.

Also the way he overloads the final third in some games, so he plays with 3 attacking midfielders and two strikers, you rarely see that being done by other managers.

IMO Pep is a very unique coach, and his teams are always interesting to watch, really one of my favourite coaches ever.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

I disagree about Bayern being predictable, I mean ya, they will always look to control the ball, but thats all. He always introduces incremental innovations here and there. I like the way Bayern's fullbacks don't overlap and provide width like traditional fullbacks do, if you notice Rafinha and Alaba play alongside the two CM's and make a line of four when Bayern is in possession, leaving the width to Ribery and Robben. This gives Bayern superiority in midfield and allows them to snuff out any attempt at a counter attack at its source. Haven't seen that being done very often.

Also the way he overloads the final third in some games, so he plays with 3 attacking midfielders and two strikers, you rarely see that being done by other managers.

IMO Pep is a very unique coach, and his teams are always interesting to watch, really one of my favourite coaches ever.
I meant predictiveness as in the final results, not in the way they play. More often than not you'll see Bayern being 3,4 goals up in the scoreline. I like how equally good the mid table clubs are. Actually anyone from 3rd place all the way down. There's also the excitement and work the youngsters from other clubs put in every match. It's a joy to watch.

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013

Solid analysis!

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
Bayern line-up (I guess 3-4-3):

Neuer - Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Rode, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Bernat - Robben, Lewandowski, Müller

subs:

Reina - Benatia, Pizarro, Gaudino, Götze, Badstuber, Weiser.

Wolfsburg line-up (I guess 4-2-3-1):

Benaglio - Vieirinha, Naldo, Knoche, Rodriguez - Luiz Gustavo, Arnold - Caligiuri, De Bruyne, Perisic - Dost

Interesting line-ups.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Bayern line-up (I guess 3-4-3):

Neuer - Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Rode, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Bernat - Robben, Lewandowski, Müller

subs:

Reina - Benatia, Pizarro, Gaudino, Götze, Badstuber, Weiser.

Wolfsburg line-up (I guess 4-2-3-1):

Benaglio - Vieirinha, Naldo, Knoche, Rodriguez - Luiz Gustavo, Arnold - Caligiuri, De Bruyne, Perisic - Dost

Interesting line-ups.
Thiago still injured?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)