[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't like Mourinho either. He is a smug cunt, but Pep's brand of football is so over-rated, and its limitations were cruelly exposed by a far superior coach.
He was outclassed completely by Ancelotti, and to a lesser extent by Di Matteo a couple of seasons back, theres no denying that.

However it has also produced consistent results for a long time, an extremely impressive set of titles, he's dominated big teams several times(United in the CL final) Real Madrid in all those classico's, Bayern Munich in Peps first season and many more.

For some reason, you completely discount the second part, and only remember the first part.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I simply don't like him. He is a somewhat limited coach; when his approach works, it is spectacular. However, when it doesn't, it is a complete and utter disaster. He doesn't strike me as someone who is flexible and has a plan B in case his initial approach doesn't come to fruition. I prefer coaches who are more flexible and adaptable.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I simply don't like him. He is a somewhat limited coach; when his approach works, it is spectacular. However, when it doesn't, it is a complete and utter disaster. He doesn't strike me as someone who is flexible and has a plan B in case his initial approach doesn't come to fruition. I prefer coaches who are more flexible and adaptable.
That can be said about many successful coaches though. The only thing I don't agree with is the spectacular part which down to taste only.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I disagree. It may look that way especially with his loss against Real in the semi's. Real slaughtered him on counter attacks, and he couldn't do anything about it, he was completely outsmarted by one of the most tactical savvy coaches in the game, and it happens, its happened with Mourinho(his first classico) its happened with Ancelotti(4-0 by Deportivo springs to mind), its happened with Ferguson, Hiddink, Van Gaal and many other world class coaches.

I think the issue is that he always tries to impose his style of play and doesn't like to tinker with his tactics to adapt to the opposition, he doesn't believe he has so. It backfires sometimes, but show me a flawless tactical setup or style of play, because I haven't heard of any.

As for you not liking him or his style, that is like Jack said completely down to taste.

That can be said about many successful coaches though. The only thing I don't agree with is the spectacular part which down to taste only.
Style is indeed down to taste. For the record though, I think his Bayern team are quite boring I personally don't enjoy watching them. I know you disagree but to me Barcelona under Pep were one of the most entertaining teams unlike Bayern under him. I think the reason is probably the type of players he had at Barcelona vs the players he now has at Bayern. The flair players at Bayern such as Robben and Ribery are more suited to a direct approach, while the flair players at Barca ala Xavi, Iniesta and Messi probably were more suited to the slower, short pass, patient build up football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)