[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (77 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It will be his biggest test so far. He had great generation of young Germans, Reus and Gotze most notably, few good foreigners as well like Lewa and Kuba and delivered the results, but I think Dortmund's time is up. Expected I'd say. Teams like Dortmund are bound to return to mediocrity as such is their destiny, since instead of building on the previous success their choice is to keep the balance sheet healthy. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

And Immobile :lol2: What a decision to buy mediocre striker to replace Lewa.
Just remember these words, people. See how his tune will change in a couple of months.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #282
    Just remember these words, people. See how his tune will change in a couple of months.
    It's not even that...

Everybody said Hummels is very overrated and pretty much nobody wanted him here as "Bonucci was better". Not many people rated Subotic as well. Not anyone mentioned Piszczek as a solid RB, nor Schmelzer as a LB.

Nobody wanted Kagawa at Juve besides marketing reasons so we'd get a couple of bucks from the Asian market. Not to many members were impressed by Şahin (some even called him a choker) while I can't say it was anything different with Großkreutz.

Reus was signed to replace Gotze so it's not like he had both of them at Dortmund to dominate. Sure Lewa was great? But then again, even if was, many complained about his signing here. Yet, let's ignore that now. To sum it up he had Gündoğan, Reus/Goeze and Lewa.

But all of a sudden Klopp had a great generation at Dortmund and that's why he succeeded there with his great seasons.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    It's not even that...

Everybody said Hummels is very overrated and pretty much nobody wanted him here as "Bonucci was better". Not many people rated Subotic as well. Not anyone mentioned Piszczek as a solid RB, nor Schmelzer as a LB.

Nobody wanted Kagawa at Juve besides marketing reasons so we'd get a couple of bucks from the Asian market. Not to many players were impressed by Şahin (some even called him a choker) while I can't say it was anything different with Großkreutz.

Reus was signed to replace Gotze so it's not like he had both of them at Dortmund to dominate. Sure Lewa was great? But then again, even if was, many complained about his signing here. Yet, let's ignore that now. To sum it up he had Gündoğan, Reus/Goeze/Lewa.

But all of a sudden Klopp had a great generation at Dortmund and that's why he succeeded there with his great seasons.
    I know.

He's a hypocrite and shouldn't be taken seriously on any subject.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    It's not even that...

Nobody wanted Kagawa at Juve besides marketing reasons so we'd get a couple of bucks from the Asian market. Not to many members were impressed by Şahin (some even called him a choker) while I can't say it was anything different with Großkreutz.

Reus was signed to replace Gotze so it's not like he had both of them at Dortmund to dominate. Sure Lewa was great? But then again, even if was, many complained about his signing here. Yet, let's ignore that now. To sum it up he had Gündoğan, Reus/Goeze and Lewa.

Who cares what the mind of tuz said about Hummels, he's fantastic player. Kuba was another pretty underrated, but important player for Dortmund on their way to the final. Goetze, Reus, Lewa, Kuba, Subotic, Gundogan were/are world class at their respective positions.

Klopp's menagerial skills will be put to test now, since the current squad is significantly weaker than the one two years ago and it seems unlikely they'll grab one of the places that guarantee CL football next season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    It's not even that...

This is not true, both did play together in the season Dortmund reached the final. Don't you remember Reus playing in the final against Bayern when Gotze was injured?

Having said that, I agree with the general gist of your post. Klopp is a top manager, one with a unique playing style, his work at Dortmund is amazing no matter what way you put it, he built the great Dortmund team that won the league twice in a row and reached the finals of the CL beating teams like Mourinho's Real Madrid en route to the final. The only reason he doesn't have a CL to his name is because they played Heynckes Bayern which was one of the best teams in European football in the past 10 years. How anyone can argue that Klopps work at Dortmund is anything less than phenomenal is beyond me. He's a top top coach, if he wasn't he wouldn't be consistenly outsmarting world class coaches that have much superior squads to him ala what he did with Mourinho's Real, Heynckes Bayern (in the league) and Pep Guardiola's Bayern (in the two supercups).

All due respect to Conte, whom I also rate as a very good coach, but Klopp has definitely proven more imo. If for anything, for his prowess in the CL which Conte hasn't come close to matching.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #287
    This is not true, both did play together in the season Dortmund reached the final. Don't you remember Reus playing in the final against Bayern when Gotze was injured?

Having said that, I agree with the general gist of your post. Klopp is a top manager, one with a unique playing style, his work at Dortmund is amazing no matter what way you put it, he built the great Dortmund team that won the league twice in a row and reached the finals of the CL beating teams like Mourinho's Real Madrid en route to the final. The only reason he doesn't have a CL to his name is because they played Heynckes Bayern which was one of the best teams in European football in the past 10 years. How anyone can argue that Klopps work at Dortmund is anything less than phenomenal is beyond me. He's a top top coach, if he wasn't he wouldn't be consistenly outsmarting world class coaches that have much superior squads to him ala what he did with Mourinho's Real, Heynckes Bayern (in the league) and Pep Guardiola's Bayern (in the two supercups).

All due respect to Conte, whom I also rate as a very good coach, but Klopp has definitely proven more imo. If for anything, for his prowess in the CL which Conte hasn't come close to matching.
    I thought they signed him in January and played like 6 months together. But yeah, I guess it makes sense.

I agree with everything you said there and I'd really love to see him at Juve (which will never happen sadly).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    While typing my post I was thinking how he's gonna join Arsenal tbh. :D
    Won't happen, the club's major shareholders are absolutely delighted with Wenger. Arsenal is run like a business, and Wenger tolerates the tight budget he works under, and gets you fourth place in the league and round of 16 in the CL consistently. He's been doing that for so long that he's turned into a mediocre coach imo, now even when he has money to spend, our team still doesn't improve.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Bayern seem to be insisting for Reus next summer and his 25 million clause...If I were Dortmund I would either try get him to sign a new contract with no clause or a much higher one, or else I would try arrange a deal for next summer and sell him to another club outside Germany for a much higher price

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #292
    Won't happen, the club's major shareholders are absolutely delighted with Wenger. Arsenal is run like a business, and Wenger tolerates the tight budget he works under, and gets you fourth place in the league and round of 16 in the CL consistently. He's been doing that for so long that he's turned into a mediocre coach imo, now even when he has money to spend, our team still doesn't improve.
    Over the past 2 years I wouldn't say you guys had a small budget unlike before. You even signed some proven players, it's like you're not a pure kindergarten anymore.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Over the past 2 years I wouldn't say you guys had a small budget unlike before. You even signed some proven players, it's like you're not a pure kindergarten anymore.
    Perhaps my wording wasn't so clear. But thats my point: see the last part of my post "now even when he has money to spend, our team still doesn't improve."

Even now that he's had money to spend, our team still hasn't improved. I was always waiting for this time to come, because I was one of those who believed Wenger did relatively well with the budget he was working with. So I assumed that when he had money to spend, we'd improve considerably. Obviously that hasn't been the case over the past year and a half. IMO at most he should be given another season, but it really looks like we need a change to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)