[GER] Bundesliga 2013/2014 (33 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
http://www.theguardian.com/football...as-tuchel-mainz-bundesliga-competitive-streak

Been saying for a while that the Budesliga's potential for improvement is very limited until the big sides like Hamburg, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen sort themselves out.

Teams like Gladbach are decent enough, but that's all they are likely to be for the foreseeable future.

The clubs with greater spending power flirting with relegation instead of being appropriately good sides is really holding German football back just now.

Would really like to see Hamburg and Werder go down, incidentally.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For all the positive aspects of German football I agree that the teams are underachieving. Maybe they shouldn't sell all their best players to Bayern.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wonder at what point the authorities will think things are getting silly with the way the ball flies?

A ball shouldn't wobble or dive around like that.

Is this still the thing with the balls getting lighter and that allowing the air valve to effectively unbalance the ball?

If so, that should be changed. A ball should fly in the same way regardless of where on its surface it has been struck.

There was a golf ball taken off the market a few years ago because it almost had a seam running round it. If you lined the seam up and hit staight down that line, the ball flew with a lower trajectory and golfing authorities quite rightly said that wasn't right.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I wonder at what point the authorities will think things are getting silly with the way the ball flies?

Is this still the thing with the balls getting lighter and that allowing the air valve to effectively unbalance the ball?

If so, that should be changed. A ball should fly in the same way regardless of where on its surface it has been struck.

There was a golf ball taken off the market a few years ago because it almost had a seam running round it. If you lined the seam up and hit staight down that line, the ball flew with a lower trajectory and golfing authorities quite rightly said that wasn't right.
Golf's a different sport though. I personally see nothing wrong with the way the ball can change trajectories. Pogba's awesome goal against Udinese wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, I think Pogba's goal was a more natural flight caused by Pogba cutting across the ball and putting spin on it. You could look back and find goals like that from years ago before the current types of ball were introduced.

These other goals (like the Hamburg one) are people just hitting straight through the ball and hoping for something weird to happen due to the ball - not due to the player doing something deliberate and controlled in the strike.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh, ok. Kinda like Ronaldo's freekicks where he hits is as hard as he can just to see what happens, then.

Idk, if the spin is too extreme I get your point.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
No, I think Pogba's goal was a more natural flight caused by Pogba cutting across the ball and putting spin on it. You could look back and find goals like that from years ago before the current types of ball were introduced.

These other goals (like the Hamburg one) are people just hitting straight through the ball and hoping for something weird to happen due to the ball - not due to the player doing something deliberate and controlled in the strike.
Yeah, but I doubt the authorities would be willing to do anything about this, I even doubt that they see this as a problem. I mean this is kinda what they want, More sensational goals, to make the game more appealing.
Personally I agree with you, the ball dancing around in the air like that is absolutely ridiculous.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

They want that. It's all about more goals nowadays.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Freekick is almost from half way line, they are down 3-0, and its 90th min, all factors that make a wall unncessary.
Two players are standing right there in front of him but choosing to slightly drift to the flanks instead doing absolutely nothing. This is Junior football school material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)