[GER] Bundesliga 2013/2014 (119 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I still think Bayern shot their foot with letting Heyckenss go. It's not because they just lost but Bayern was nearly perfect with their 4-2-3-1. Perfect balance between attack and defense which they lack right now.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I still think Bayern shot their foot with letting Heyckenss go. It's not because they just lost but Bayern was nearly perfect with their 4-2-3-1. Perfect balance between attack and defense which they lack right now.
Heynckes wanted to go. Were they supposed to force him to stay?

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Well I think it's too early to make any judgement about Pep, the time will tell us. At the moment there is a gap between DM and offence and many space for counter attacks, but I hope Pep is going to fix that. IMO thiago is wrong in DM, he's not strong enough for that position, he's more 8 or 10.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Heynckes wanted to go. Were they supposed to force him to stay?
I didn't know that. I thought he was to extend his contract but Bayern moved for Pep instead.

Well I think it's too early to make any judgement about Pep, the time will tell us. At the moment there is a gap between DM and offence and many space for counter attacks, but I hope Pep is going to fix that. IMO thiago is wrong in DM, he's not strong enough for that position, he's more 8 or 10.
I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I don't think his happy tiki taka football will work at Bayern though. So far I was right - Pep seems to have problems with keeping balance between offense and defense. That's exactly what I expected. I mean Thiago as DM. I'd put Martinez there or even Bastian ahead of Thiago.

We'll see what happens next but I loved the balance Heyckenss had with his Bayern. Their 4-2-3-1 was almost perfect as for me and they were very close to perfection. I personally think that Bayern won't be that good anymore. Pep wants to play artists in the middle but you need muscles there too.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
I didn't know that. I thought he was to extend his contract but Bayern moved for Pep instead.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I don't think his happy tiki taka football will work at Bayern though. So far I was right - Pep seems to have problems with keeping balance between offense and defense. That's exactly what I expected. I mean Thiago as DM. I'd put Martinez there or even Bastian ahead of Thiago.

We'll see what happens next but I loved the balance Heyckenss had with his Bayern. Their 4-2-3-1 was almost perfect as for me and they were very close to perfection. I personally think that Bayern won't be that good anymore. Pep wants to play artists in the middle but you need muscles there too.
Well let's see actually with one DM you have more creativity in the middle and up front and thats his style of football, he wants to attack, attack, and never defend because his idea of full possession is based on that. Puyol and Pique were not the most amazing defenders, they were in a lucky position to play in a team with almost 65 - 75% possession, thats why they rarely got attacked.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
finally bundesliga started again!

Well I'm happy with Bayerns first performance under Pep, but Pep need to fix that balance between defence and midfield, too many gaps after losing the ball and also really dangerous to get hit on counterattacks, I hope he's gonna use Martinez in future.

Let's see how dortmund plays tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)