[GER] Bundesliga 2004/05 (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I heard that Podolski has signed a pre-contact with Bayern, any truth in it? I heard he denied it...

---------------------

(I think Bejremovic (sp?) would be a better captain :D )

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
I heard that Podolski has signed a pre-contact with Bayern, any truth in it? I heard he denied it...
Poldi will be staying with colonge as look as they gain promotion to the 1.bundesliga, thats for sure.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
positive. We only signed him a year ago on a four year contract (as far i know) so a precontract would be impossible. and he has said in an interview that he will stay with colonge only as long as they are in the 1.bundesliga, so when they get relagated in vain (which is inevitable knowing cologne) he will leave then.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - United States star midfielder Landon Donovan is set to leave Germany's Bayer Leverkusen and return to Major League Soccer as a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy , the Los Angeles Times reported here.

Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper reported that Donovan, US Player of the Year the past three years, could be playing for Los Angeles by the time the Galaxy plays its MLS season opener April 2 at Columbus.

To open a roster spot for Donovan under MLS salary cap rules, the Galaxy is set to deal Guatemalan striker Carlos Ruiz to FC Dallas, the Times reported.

Ruiz and Donovan are involved in North American qualifying matches for the 2006 World Cup in Germany this weekend. Donovan and the US men face a tough test at rival Mexico while Trinidad and Tobago will visit Guatemala.

Donovan, 23, played the past four seasons for Galaxy's MLS rival, the San Jose Earthquakes , while on loan from Bayern Leverkusen. Donovan led San Jose to MLS crowns in 2001 and 2003.

In November, Donovan said he would return to Europe to play for Leverkusen, but since rejoining the Bundesliga side in January has played only a minor reserve role.

Leverkusen stand sixth in the German league at 12-7 with seven drawn.

Ruiz has led the Galaxy in goals in each of his three seasons with the club, scoring a total of 61 goals in 83 matches. He scored the game-winning goal in the 2002 MLS final to bring the Galaxy its lone MLS crown.

The Guatemalan was the US league's top goal scorer in 2002 and shared top scoring honors in 2003.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Ja, but apparently he didn't make the grade at Leverkussen. IMO he should have gone to Holland.

He'd be more appreciated there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)