General TV (25 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So uhm I don't think Leaving Neverland is convincing. At all.

Two disgruntled families telling stories about a popstar they used to know and has died 10 years ago.

That's hardly proof of anything.

Especially when their statements would mean dozens of people on Neverland would have had to know about the abuse and somehow are still keeping their mouths shut.

I don't know what happened. Frankly I think he could very well have been a paedophile. But to call this proof..

And yeah, of course one of the victims only really got to know his true memories after years of substance abuse when he started dealing with his depression. That his father suffers from bipolar disorder, which can be inherited, hardly seems worthy of mentioning to the film makers.

No. Very disappointing. And the worst part is people just accept this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Here's what I don't get... dafuq is with all the people who are treating documentaries like they are the Supreme Court, or the rule of law in establishing truth?

It's not just Neverland. It's R Kelly. It's "Making of a Murderer".

In the era of fake news, how have people become so stupid and gullible as to substitute sitting on their fat asses in front of a TV with a for-profit, encouraged-to-sensationalize entertainment show for a cross-examination of the truth -- as if it is de facto judge, witness, and jury of the truth? Have we become so lazy as to set our standard of truth so low, outsourcing our objectivity to Netflix sponsorship?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah of course. That's silly in itself. But there are documentaries that do make a compelling point, precisely because they let both camps speak and offer 'objective' evidence. Making a murderer is interesting in that regard, not because of the question whether or not he did it, but because it does demonstrate certain flaws within the system.

Leaving Neverland is just two people saying bad things about Michael Jackson. And one of those has very deep psychological issues. I wouldn't trust that Guy on anything.

But as a society it seems we are choosing to destroy some of the greatest music ever made because of this.

And you're right. It's tv. It's stupid to allow this to have such a huge influence.

Btw, if you're a paedophile scared about getting caught, would you build a theme park in your backyard?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Here's what I don't get... dafuq is with all the people who are treating documentaries like they are the Supreme Court, or the rule of law in establishing truth?

It's not just Neverland. It's R Kelly. It's "Making of a Murderer".

In the era of fake news, how have people become so stupid and gullible as to substitute sitting on their fat asses in front of a TV with a for-profit, encouraged-to-sensationalize entertainment show for a cross-examination of the truth -- as if it is de facto judge, witness, and jury of the truth? Have we become so lazy as to set our standard of truth so low, outsourcing our objectivity to Netflix sponsorship?
Because in 2019 every American can feel the righteous anger that accompanies mobs and riots even if you are too fat or autistic to be part of a n in person mob.

This is what you get from a media culture that publicly lynches people for daring to say there are biological differences between the sexes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Because in 2019 every American can feel the righteous anger that accompanies mobs and riots even if you are too fat or autistic to be part of a n in person mob.

This is what you get from a media culture that publicly lynches people for daring to say there are biological differences between the sexes.
I feel at least part of this is that we are now in an era where we want sexual abuse stories dealt with. Be it the church, be it public figures, we want to say this is not okay for anyone.

And that's great. But we're throwing the right to a fair trial out of the window while we're at it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

To be fair, it’s also what you get from having the same people outraged by those declaring no biological difference between the sexes, claim that creationism is an equally valid theory to evolution, that climate change is a Chinese hoax, that 3 million illegals voted in the last election, that Obama is a Kenyan born Islamic terrorist, that pizzagate is a thing, that school shootings are leftist false flag operations with paid actors, etc...

And the result? A retarded autist for a president who has told some 10,000 lies in his first two years in office.

Murica :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel at least part of this is that we are now in an era where we want sexual abuse stories dealt with. Be it the church, be it public figures, we want to say this is not okay for anyone.

And that's great. But we're throwing the right to a fair trial out of the window while we're at it.

It’s retarded. There’s this idea that #believeher is a good idea alongside #metoo... and the inability to differentiate between or understand that there are varying levels of harassment, abuse, assault... as though saying it’s far worse to be raped than deal with a little harmless flirting is somehow belittling of the female experience.

And then you have inane instances where out-of-court settlements are now labeled admissions of guilt, so you get the dumbass social media campaign against Casey Affleck during the oscars the other year, or Ronaldo last year.

Decadence. It’s all about first world decadence.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

especially when it comes to famous and popular men. Michael Jackson's story is a bit out there but some of these other men like Weinstein or R. Kelly a lot of the accusers seem like vulnerable women or girls who were trying to make it in the industry. Were they really serial rapists or just aggressive and abusive of their power to get sex? Is the #metoo being used to punish men who had the power to make careers and absolve some of these women who now regret consensual sex with a fat old perv to make their career? Once its public did some of those who were known to have sexd on harv feel obligated to claim rape to not be the person who had consensual sex with him for a role?

In an industry were people are desperate to stay relevant, making sexual assault allegations is a way you can destroy someone else while building very sympathetic coverage and opportunities for yourself with zero proof whatsoever. feminists want to say that doesn't happen but look at Jussie Smollet. May not be sexual assault allegations but it is playing at the very same "believe me in spite of all evidence or you are racist/sexist etc." Dude had the most ridiculous hoax story about being lynched by a roving gang of white supremacists in downtown chicago and the mainstream media, politiicians etc. ate it up despite it being an obvious lie from the beginning.

To be fair, it’s also what you get from having the same people outraged by those declaring no biological difference between the sexes, claim that creationism is an equally valid theory to evolution, that climate change is a Chinese hoax, that 3 million illegals voted in the last election, that Obama is a Kenyan born Islamic terrorist, that pizzagate is a thing, that school shootings are leftist false flag operations with paid actors, etc...

And the result? A retarded autist for a president who has told some 10,000 lies in his first two years in office.

Murica :touched:
Sure that just isn't the group that is able to promote their ideas through mainstream media but their insanity feeds on each other.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Finished 2nd season of Medici,oh man was it captivating, the last episode was brilliant :tuttosport: I pretty much rewatched it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Finished 2nd season of Medici,oh man was it captivating, the last episode was brilliant :tuttosport: I pretty much rewatched it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I tried the first season couldn't get past the first episode. I felt like the dialogue, acting and story were meh. It's still very early so maybe it's a wrong first impression or maybe it gets better as you go

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I tried the first season couldn't get past the first episode. I felt like the dialogue, acting and story were meh. It's still very early so maybe it's a wrong first impression or maybe it gets better as you go

You have to have some level of interest in the time period/the insanely influential dynastic family, but if you only watched one episode I would say give it a real shot. Its a real grower. Compelling historical fiction political drama.

2nd season is defenitely better then the first one. Makes sense, considering the insane conclusion to the well known Pazzi conspiracy and Lorenzo De Medici being the GOAT of his half a millenia long run of his family for his massive contribution to the renaissance.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don’t understand why so many people are in such denial, the evidence is overwhelming. We are talking about a 30-45 year old man who, for over decades, invited 8 year old boys to sleepovers. There are a lot of guys who have came forward with eerily similar stories about how he molested them.

I enjoy MJ’s music. Beat it, Man in the Mirror, Billie Jean. All brilliant songs. But you have to separate the man from the artist. He was an amazing musician, and a complete piece of shit human being.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don’t understand why so many people are in such denial, the evidence is overwhelming. We are talking about a 30-45 year old man who, for over decades, invited 8 year old boys to sleepovers. There are a lot of guys who have came forward with eerily similar stories about how he molested them.

I enjoy MJ’s music. Beat it, Man in the Mirror, Billie Jean. All brilliant songs. But you have to separate the man from the artist. He was an amazing musician, and a complete piece of shit human being.
It's been proven by court every time that the "victims" were in for the money

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It's been proven by court every time that the "victims" were in for the money
Fair enough if true.

But I just think it’s ridiculous that a 40 year old man would spend sometimes an entire month with a 10 year old boy, sleeping in the same bed together. Tell me there isn’t something fishy/strange about that.

At the very least he had some kind of mental illness.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fair enough if true.

But I just think it’s ridiculous that a 40 year old man would spend sometimes an entire month with a 10 year old boy, sleeping in the same bed together. Tell me there isn’t something fishy/strange about that.

At the very least he had some kind of mental illness.
Maybe he has the Peter Pan syndrome and really seems himself as a little boy. But yeah, still weird.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Uh no. That's the point. All there is are statements from people suing MJ. That's not evidence.

May I remind that MJ was at that point the world's biggest superstar and had a staff of dozens of people (as confirmed by Safechuck and Robson themselves), who all had an intrest in gathering evidence against MJ, because they could either sue or extort him? The very fact that after decades of people being able to gather evidence the only thing that remains are the own statements of the accusers speaks volumes.

Do I think it's possible MJ was a pedophile? Of course I do.

Do I think it's anywhere near proven? No, of course not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)