General TV (82 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is it good?

I watched the movie from '86 with Sean Connery in it. Can't really say I loved it :D it was just decent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091605/
I thought the 80s movie was pretty bad. Sean Connery was alright. Christian Slater as Adso almost ruined that movie singlehandedly. Was too short to really do the book justice too. If you haven't read the book, you should. It's a classic.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ozark is so excellent
Really? I've watched all of it but I don't think its near as good as some of the top tier shows it gets compared to like Breaking Bad.

Its the same every episode. Michael gets strong armed into some dumb risky scheme, voices his opposition, gets overruled by his wife/ thugs the scheme blows up, he says i told you so nobody cares or learns rinse repeat.

And like Sidd said seemingly intelligent characters doing totally irrational things to create drama and drive plot forward is constant and annoying. Seems like poor writing imo

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Really? I've watched all of it but I don't think its near as good as some of the top tier shows it gets compared to like Breaking Bad.

Its the same every episode. Michael gets strong armed into some dumb risky scheme, voices his opposition, gets overruled by his wife/ thugs the scheme blows up, he says i told you so nobody cares or learns rinse repeat.

And like Sidd said seemingly intelligent characters doing totally irrational things to create drama and drive plot forward is constant and annoying. Seems like poor writing imo
You can out it that way I guess, but in find the plot twists creative and unexpected. The development of some of the characters is interesting too

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:

Plus, Jason Bateman is super obnoxious and a mediocre actor.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
To be honest, I probably haven’t judged him fairly in Ozark, because I cannot stand him in other roles I’ve seen him in. I find he acts pretty much the same character regardless of the film or show... drama, comedy, etc, he comes across the same to me, not much adaptability, screams mediocre to me.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
To be honest, I probably haven’t judged him fairly in Ozark, because I cannot stand him in other roles I’ve seen him in. I find he acts pretty much the same character regardless of the film or show... drama, comedy, etc, he comes across the same to me, not much adaptability, screams mediocre to me.
oh he is absolutely the same Jason Bateman in Ozark too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)