General TV (31 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I hate it when shows do that. Sense8 is the best example imo. The people who made that abomination should be prosecuted.
:agree: Black Mirror another prime example. 2010s are full of these politicized agenda filled TV series and movies, people keep saying it's the Golden Age of TV but the Golden Age has already passed in the 2000s

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree: Black Mirror another prime example. 2010s are full of these politicized agenda filled TV series and movies, people keep saying it's the Golden Age of TV but the Golden Age has already passed in the 2000s
Black Mirror has two, three episodes that are truly great. But the rest of them is just fearmongering about technology that either isn't likely to ever being developed or that will simply never be applied that way.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It wasn't to that extent, but it really ruined what could have been a solid show
It's a fine line. Obviously any show has to have moral dilemmas and writers are bound to sometimes put in personal moral preferences, but it should never become an ethics lesson.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
just started watching Babylon Berlin @DAiDEViL @Post Ironic

A Weimarer Republik related series was long overdue :tuttosport:

Very interesting period in time imo, a precise study in degeneracy before the country reaches its cultural peak in the mid-late 30s
:weee:

I thought you and Dai hated German shows? And above I saw you mention Dark as a favourite too. :dule:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else curious about this show starting on Tuesday?

Last edited:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Black Mirror has two, three episodes that are truly great. But the rest of them is just fearmongering about technology that either isn't likely to ever being developed or that will simply never be applied that way.
Funny. We have seen some of their plots in real life. Even here the government had to postpone some a national test, because of the use of big data.

And it’s not fearmongering. This is how fiction works and it has always been like this. You just don’t agree with the premise here.

Btw. We used to laugh at South Park, but a lot of their old episodes are real life today.

Example:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Funny. We have seen some of their plots in real life. Even here the government had to postpone some a national test, because of the use of big data.

And it’s not fearmongering. This is how fiction works and it has always been like this. You just don’t agree with the premise here.

Btw. We used to laugh at South Park, but a lot of their old episodes are real life today.

Example:

No. South Park is a lot better at this than Black Mirror. In fact I think it's easily one of the greatest shows ever made.

Black Mirror has a couple episodes that are done very well. But the level is very variable.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
No. South Park is a lot better at this than Black Mirror. In fact I think it's easily one of the greatest shows ever made.

Black Mirror has a couple episodes that are done very well. But the level is very variable.

It was on an example. You can’t compare the two. For most people, it’s a lot harder to understand the dynamics of technology and how it’s used.
But I only wanted to point out that you attribute too many motives to the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)