General TV (233 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm late to it, but I'm really liking the original writing in Atlanta
Donald Glover knows his shit, quite experimental in the episodes too, especially the complete commercials spoof one that felt like a Chappelle show episode, and not a satirical drama as the other episodes were like.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lost was one of them. The biggest pain in the ass show i ever watched (for 3 seasons).
Lost had an incredible pilot. The first few episodes were okay, but mostly it was just the pilot. After that it got real bad real fast.

I've seen a lot of here complaining about that as well. But heres the thing:

I assume your understanding of the ending scenes was that she was lying all along? That's what it looked like, yes? Now, bear with me here. When Alfonso breaks into her house he finds books in an Amazon box, which btw says right there it was shipped to Prairie, and what look like brand new books.

1. FBI guy planted the books. When Alfonso broke into the house it was just too convenient for him to find the books when the guy was actually in there. He found out about Alfonso through his conversations with Prairie. The Amazon box couldn't have been bought before and 1. Books are in English and even after she got her vision back, she had no way of learning how to read without a proper teaching. She couldn't use the Internet, and well, it's Amazon and it had her name on the box. I believe the whole thing about the movements and multi universes are all true, and the ending is intentionally meant to fool everyone. Besides that it's symbolism galore. The two glares at the street, the "opened doors", Alfonso seeing himself in the mirror as Homer, etc... I truly believe there's much more than meets the eye here. And a second season should clarify the many unanswered questions we're left with.
You're wrong.

That's not true. First of all she actually wrote that note when she left all those years ago and signed it with her name by hand. So obviously she would have known what English letters look like. Also, she was able to use the internet, when she was blind she used a voice interface, which is something they show in one of the very first episodes.

Fact is, she was lying and just got lucky.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lost got derailed but it's too much BS about it, it was an incredibly entertaining mysterious journey throughout.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lost was one of them. The biggest pain in the ass show i ever watched (for 3 seasons).
Lost got derailed but it's too much BS about it, it was an incredibly entertaining mysterious journey throughout.

I disagree. I remember thinking at the start of the 2nd season that there was no way they were going to come up with a satisfying answer. I kept watching, but it only grew more frustrating.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Lost had an incredible pilot. The first few episodes were okay, but mostly it was just the pilot. After that it got real bad real fast.

You're wrong.

That's not true. First of all she actually wrote that note when she left all those years ago and signed it with her name by hand. So obviously she would have known what English letters look like. Also, she was able to use the internet, when she was blind she used a voice interface, which is something they show in one of the very first episodes.

Fact is, she was lying and just got lucky.
No, no, no...

First of all, what does a blind person learning how to write her own name in English (in a way that looked like a 2 year old child did it ) have to do with learning how to Read in that said language? She could have learned how to do her name, not too hard. Reading? She had no way of learning. None. So why use the Internet if you can't understand what you're seeing, more over ORDER something online that requires a credit card. Did she even have one? And Even if she in fact did before being abducted, it would have expired. And I doubt very much her parents would simply hand her a new one when they're actually trying to keep her confined as much as they could.

Also, how convenient is it to find the FBI guy IN the house right after finding the books.

I'm sorry dude, it isn't a fact, far from it. There are too many loopholes and question left unanswered to even try to come up with a definitive answer. There simply isn't any.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Worst case scenario. The writers meant to leave it open like that. There's no real "truth". Maybe some things about her are real, some are made up and it's just a show that puts an idea out there to make people think and interpret the way they want. Either way, it was very unique IMO and that alone in a world of remakes and washed up ideas, is worth a lot.
I finished the final episode 5 minutes ago, and first thought is I think this is the most likely case simply because I watched their previous work and this is what they do, they explore interesting weird ideas, keep it vague for you to decide on your own, and switch it to signal out its more grounded/real instead at the end. But ultimately completely leave it unanswered and open ended, no real conclusion in their style (in another earth and sound of my voice movies, was similar narrative style). If this is the only season, the above was their aim, to make it about symbolism and make us question or narratively doubt wether it was all true or just fantasy, finito. What is is depending on the viewers intepretation. For me IMO more leaning on it was a lie and she was kind of schizo, who happend to grow a strong bond of understanding with misfit group who got something out of being duped by her.

FBI man theory or such is just reaching it IMO (this character was the most grounded character in the series, together with her father), nothing that indicates or hints it at all, as language part, probably just a plot hole that they didnt bother to go into.

Thats my immediate impression to the fable and fantasy of it should be explored further to make this story worthwhile otherwise its pointless as you said, so it all depends on if they intended this as 1 season, or they want a 2nd. If they want a 2nd, then yeah all the existential fairytale will turn out to be proven.

- - - Updated - - -
@CrimsonianKing @Lion @Seven, I was kinda right with my blabbering post under spoiler tags above me here, because this is what the shows creators said about the series&ending:

"There’s no right or wrong answer, it’s just what you feel, which is kind of what being alive is like. If you’re going to have faith in something, you have to have it in the face of incredible doubt. Nobody can take your doubt away. I think there is something really delicious in the mystery about questioning the storyteller’s truth. Certainly, you go back and forth on it. As an audience member, the boys are kind of your surrogate. I think just as the boys go back and forth on the truth of her story, you do, too. I think the place it kind of ultimately arrives at is that it maybe doesn’t matter as much the details are true, because there’s some essential core that she’s imparting that smacks of honesty. Whether part of the story is a metaphor, or it is a literal truth, tends to matter less when you get to the end and see that the DNA of the story contains something that just this group needed. Maybe she couldn’t tell her story as it actually happened, but she experienced something. I don’t think the details matter."

They like being vague on purpose it seems. Well explored narrative for a while but ultimately goes nowhere except perhaps a bit emotionally (the effect she had on the group and their genuine bond, which was the only meaningful part of it all).

Because these show runners like a fable&tall tale, they just went about it in elaborate way, not interested in conclusions or finishing anything. Just make the audience take their story as they see fit and screw the rest, creative style of somewhat lazy storytelling.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@Osman

While I think leaving it "open" might have been their initial plan, if there is a second season some answers will be needed. They'll have to either come up with explanations around the "fact" she is a liar that experienced some of what she said and imagined everything else, OR that she really is an angel and the movements did open some kind of portal.

If the series is left as is, then fine, its like they want you to "have your own interpretation and it's neither right or wrong, it's just your point of view". But that IMO would be a big waste of what could become a fantastic mind bending fantasy series. There's potential for some much more than just her being a mental case. I'll be disappointed if there's nothing else to it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Does netflix even do one season shows?

Oa would jave been better as a movie if it's just a one of

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Ahhh :p I allways assume only ALC seen it around here.

I suggest watching Atlanta. Its more of a dramedy, but its still funny type of off the wall satire, creative type of show, as Donald Glover the lead and creator says, its kinda like Twin peaks for rappers :lol:

"STOP BEING WEIRD NIGGA" :howler:

@Dru @Fr3sh
It's great shit!! Loving it so far, but to be honest my nigga, this ain't no Dragon Ball Super.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How many have seen the pilot of Taboo yet? :weee:

I know @Dostoevsky must have :) Anyone who likes Hardy must try it. Quite intense, slow paced pilot but quite brooding and somewhat dark one.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How many have seen the pilot of Taboo yet? :weee:

I know @Dostoevsky must have :) Anyone who likes Hardy must try it. Quite intense, slow paced pilot but quite brooding and somewhat dark one.
Haven't seen it yet! Been obsessed with checking if Sherlock came out that I totally forgot about it!

I'll try to watch it asap (tonight).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sherlock is out, first episode there kinda disappointed me after such long wait.

I'm actually waiting for the second episode. :D I think it's supposed to come out tonight.

I liked it tbh. I especially liked the linked beginning and ending.

What I love the most is the fact it's again only 2 of them. It's usually the middle (second) episode which is the slowest/less interesting, so I'll see what will the next one offer. It might be slower til then end when John reunites with Sherlock. But I still find the tv show damn amusing. Hopefully it won't end here and next season airs next year and not in 2019

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I'm actually waiting for the second episode. :D I think it's supposed to come out tonight.

I liked it tbh. I especially liked the linked beginning and ending.

What I love the most is the fact it's again only 2 of them. It's usually the middle (second) episode which is the slowest/less interesting, so I'll see what will the next one offer. It might be slower til then end when John reunites with Sherlock. But I still find the tv show damn amusing. Hopefully it won't end here and next season airs next year and not in 2019
Second ep should be out in 1 hour. 22:00 CET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 231)