General TV (89 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The ending of Gomorrah was so stupid. Can't believe they couldnt think of anything better than was terrible. What a way to end one of the best TV shows ever. Fuck.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I finished watching The Wheel of Time. What an utter dogshit! At first it wasn't even that bad, or at least it was entertaining pop-corn stuff. It was very annoying to see how they added so many races there, it was so forced it's disgusting. It's filled with asians, blacks, indians, gypsies, half blacks, half somethings, and it's literally mixed in every scene, absolutely disgusting. Last episode, however, was literal shit. S-h-i-t. It was so stupid, so bad, with such a horrible ending. :inter: I seriously can't believe how bad it looks. I can't digest the idea of that show having a high budget, it looks like crap. Costumes are horrible, channeling spells and spells themselves are dogshit too. From what I read it has similar budget compared to LOTR 1 and those can't even be compared. Sure, it lasts for more hours, but it's way below anything impressive. So yeah, exaggerated racial political shit in it, but it was still watchable while being mediocre. I thought last episode would make it look better but in the end it was the worst episode by far and total shit.

Production level of Witcher is way better imo. It's a huge disappointment to see that Amazon will handle LOTR series. They already said how they will add diversity so chances are high I won't even bother watching that piece of shit.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I finished watching The Wheel of Time. What an utter dogshit! At first it wasn't even that bad, or at least it was entertaining pop-corn stuff. It was very annoying to see how they added so many races there, it was so forced it's disgusting. It's filled with asians, blacks, indians, gypsies, half blacks, half somethings, and it's literally mixed in every scene, absolutely disgusting. Last episode, however, was literal shit. S-h-i-t. It was so stupid, so bad, with such a horrible ending. :inter: I seriously can't believe how bad it looks. I can't digest the idea of that show having a high budget, it looks like crap. Costumes are horrible, channeling spells and spells themselves are dogshit too. From what I read it has similar budget compared to LOTR 1 and those can't even be compared. Sure, it lasts for more hours, but it's way below anything impressive. So yeah, exaggerated racial political shit in it, but it was still watchable while being mediocre. I thought last episode would make it look better but in the end it was the worst episode by far and total shit.

Production level of Witcher is way better imo. It's a huge disappointment to see that Amazon will handle LOTR series. They already said how they will add diversity so chances are high I won't even bother watching that piece of shit.
Time would have been better spent doing an annual LotR rewatch which I'm about to do now :agree: cya on the other side. Fuck amazon and fuck the globoshlomo

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Why does a mix of races equal political bullshit? Havent finished the show, but I didnt see any political agenda portrayed in the first three episodes. Which were, as you depict it, horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why does a mix of races equal political bullshit? Havent finished the show, but I didnt see any political agenda portrayed in the first three episodes. Which were, as you depict it, horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not political agenda per se but the cast is being forced in majority of new shows, but this one took it to the next level. Every scene has different races and it's pretty much a fact that no project is being approved unless you have everything mixed there. All races, gays, women in power etc. They obviously don't pick the best candidates but what they forced to take. There's simply no way that they made it look like that by accident.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Glad you watched so I don't have to :).
Thx for the heads up.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

@Osman

We tried to warn him not to watch this trash. :lol2:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman

We tried to warn him not to watch this trash. :lol2:

Dusan is too funny. He has insanely strong and negative reactions to 90% of fantasy, supernatural or comic related series /movies he watches, without fail, but he still watches it. I think he is addicted to just ranting. Like the one about the diversity or seeing forced politics there, there's basically non of it (only exception might be there's two Wardens that are a gay couple, seemed in your face depiction, I have no idea if they the same in books), just people of all kinds in a silly magical world, but he wants to be triggered so he is

Truth be told episode 1 to 3 is poor/mediocre, it doesn't let you care about any of the characters, just weird pacing and shitty narration. Main characters feel off and off putting except Mat at first. Rand, Egwene, Perrin, Nynaeve, all feel so boring. As intro goes this show got off to a weak start.

But episode 4 is HUGE jump in entertainment value and overall more engaging and interesting story, action scenes etc. This improved level of entertainment/getting their shit in order somewhat continues until episode 7,.

Nynaeve improves alot as character, Rand has more interesting backstory (his Aiel mother is badass), even if actor remains boring, Egwene still whiny but less then before. Perrin remains as useless story wise, Mat who was having a gloomy anti hero type arc, dissappear from story in odd way because real life actor leaves the show mid way so they have to write him off in a hurry lol.

They add or focus more on the grown side characters that makes it more intriguing, gives us a break from the whiny young leading cast. Lan Mandragon is a cool character with strong acting, enough that I will check up what else this actor has done. They add King Harald from Vikings (Peter Franzen) from episode 4 and on, which instantly makes the show more interesting (he is awesome in vikings). Thom Merilin, a mysterious and engaging character. Focus more on the Ai Sedai storyline with court politics etc. They ad a character called Logain, for only two episodes, but he was good, and played by el professor from Money Heist, in his first English speaking role.

But Dusan is fully right in two main things, the show is supposed to be high budget but majority of special effects or overall scale of the visuals feel like shit. The main exception is episode 4, it was well done. Not surprising, because it was guest directed by a guy who made most of the strongest GOT episodes. But overall yeah this show in visual ands and cinematography feel like 50% of Witcher, and its supposed to have same budget or more lol. Its frankly embarrassing in this regard.

Another thing Dusan is right in is the ending of the season, episode 8, is GOD FUCKING AWFUL and super confusing.

But can't blame them, the TV ppl, for it, apparently all the book readers say they adapted completely from the first books ending (while they generally Liberal with their deviations from the books). Its even worse ending in the book apparently lol.

So as I said before even watching a single episode, dont expect much from a show adapted from shit fantasy book series, even if its the most popular/highest selling fantasy series, if you don't count LOTR. Its just shit to pass the time. Nothing to pop your veins over in vitriolic anger Stop watching them or lower your expectations by alot.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Not political agenda per se but the cast is being forced in majority of new shows, but this one took it to the next level. Every scene has different races and it's pretty much a fact that no project is being approved unless you have everything mixed there. All races, gays, women in power etc. They obviously don't pick the best candidates but what they forced to take. There's simply no way that they made it look like that by accident.
Found @Nzoric's favourite Copenhagen library

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dusan is too funny. He has insanely strong and negative reactions to 90% of fantasy, supernatural or comic related series /movies he watches, without fail, but he still watches it. I think he is addicted to just ranting. Like the one about the diversity or seeing forced politics there, there's basically non of it (only exception might be there's two Wardens that are a gay couple, seemed in your face depiction, I have no idea if they the same in books), just people of all kinds in a silly magical world, but he wants to be triggered so he is
You can do better, Osman. This is such bullshit post on so many levels.

Yet again same arguments with you just different field. Just like every time you think I'm negative towards fantasy and super heroes, can't you realize that I can say the same, but just the opposite, towards you? Why do you wank over everything that's being made that's related to super heroes and fantasy? Are you serious? Why do you feel offended so much, it's like you and your family made it so you feel hurt when you read my posts? It's just incredible how you think your opinion is the best ever, and how you're the one who's right. When you go on Goodreads you see tons of books. When you give it a thought, which seems impossible for you I guess, you could see how books like fantasy and sci-fi have incredibly high rating. A lot higher rating compared to highest literature level and classics. It's the type of audience, not the quality of books. It's usually young kids who never read anything but that stuff and eventhough it IS entertaining, it's quite shallow and those ratings are NOT objective surely. That pretty much goes for your opinion too, since it's just incredible how you wank over any stuff that's being released and is related to fantasy and comics.

Secondly, it's blatant lie what you said above. There are plenty of super hero movies that I liked, quite a lot imo, some of them I rated as very good and some as great (rare, like Infinity War, Batman trilogy and some others). Just like you, I also read quite a lof of comics, so it's not like I don't have a background. Plenty of stuff that worked/works in comics, they didn't pull off in the movies. Another lie is that I don't like fantasy stuff and comic related stuff just because. Some stuff like The Dark Crystal, Stranger Things, Arcane, Raised by Wolves, GoT, Penny Dreadful, Witcher... I'll stop there because I can name like 10 more that I really liked while there are plenty of movies too. But if there's some Tv Show or a movie that I don't like and which you do, oh man, what a shitstorm is coming because The Great Osman comes to enlighten people with his objective point of view since he's the Right One. Like I said dozens of times before, I watch stuff because I love cinematography, it's one of things that makes my life great. I read a lot of books, comics, and I like watching stuff adapted to stuff that I read, so I can compare too. It has nothing to do with being addicted to ranting, it's like you're retarded if you're so narrow minded you can't realize such stuff. I watch great stuff, bad stuff, weird stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that. At the beginning of my post I did say it was entertaining, because it was.

Thirdly, you do say there's a gay scene (surprise, everything made nowadays has that shit in it). But you never mention how in every scene basically there's some asian, a black guy, a white guy, a half black guy, a half black girl, a gypsy, an Indian, etc. That's not my opinion, but facts. It's forced just like majority of shows and movies force that political shit, since no projects are allowed to be made if they don't add it. The Wheel of Time pushed it on another level, though. It's a fact. You watch stuff from 50s, 70s, 90s and you see huge difference to stuff being produced after 2010 and it keeps getting worse. I was just saying how dealing with such staff makes quality worse because they don't focus on getting best actors, but focus on diversity. While I don't have anything against those races, obviously, I think it's ridiculous they are pushing it like that and rubbing in peoples face just because everything is being politicized. Some stuff like that is total shit, like I noticed in The Witcher, if you know characters from the books. Oh, and yes, I did read all of those.

Lastly, like I said above, I like Witcher. I think second season a lot better than the first one, and I also think Witcher generally is a lot better than The Wheel of Time. A lot better. Just read what you type next time. In the end, you yourself said how "Its just shit to pass the time". Exactly, and that is my point, it was quite shit. I said it in different words, and you feel like cutting your wrists while bursting into tears. You defend it yet say it's shit. Give me a break and if you can't deal with different opinions just piss off seriously, this is a forum, not a place to wank your cock.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Yet again same arguments with you just different field. Just like every time you think I'm negative towards fantasy and super heroes, can't you realize that I can say the same, but just the opposite, towards you? Why do you wank over everything that's being made that's related to super heroes and fantasy? Are you serious? Why do you feel offended so much, it's like you and your family made it so you feel hurt when you read my posts? It's just incredible how you think your opinion is the best ever, and how you're the one who's right. When you go on Goodreads you see tons of books. When you give it a thought, which seems impossible for you I guess, you could see how books like fantasy and sci-fi have incredibly high rating. A lot higher rating compared to highest literature level and classics. It's the type of audience, not the quality of books. It's usually young kids who never read anything but that stuff and eventhough it IS entertaining, it's quite shallow and those ratings are NOT objective surely. That pretty much goes for your opinion too, since it's just incredible how you wank over any stuff that's being released and is related to fantasy and comics.

Secondly, it's blatant lie what you said above. There are plenty of super hero movies that I liked, quite a lot imo, some of them I rated as very good and some as great (rare, like Infinity War, Batman trilogy and some others). Just like you, I also read quite a lof of comics, so it's not like I don't have a background. Plenty of stuff that worked/works in comics, they didn't pull off in the movies. Another lie is that I don't like fantasy stuff and comic related stuff just because. Some stuff like The Dark Crystal, Stranger Things, Arcane, Raised by Wolves, GoT, Penny Dreadful, Witcher... I'll stop there because I can name like 10 more that I really liked while there are plenty of movies too. But if there's some Tv Show or a movie that I don't like and which you do, oh man, what a shitstorm is coming because The Great Osman comes to enlighten people with his objective point of view since he's the Right One. Like I said dozens of times before, I watch stuff because I love cinematography, it's one of things that makes my life great. I read a lot of books, comics, and I like watching stuff adapted to stuff that I read, so I can compare too. It has nothing to do with being addicted to ranting, it's like you're retarded if you're so narrow minded you can't realize such stuff. I watch great stuff, bad stuff, weird stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that. At the beginning of my post I did say it was entertaining, because it was.

Thirdly, you do say there's a gay scene (surprise, everything made nowadays has that shit in it). But you never mention how in every scene basically there's some asian, a black guy, a white guy, a half black guy, a half black girl, a gypsy, an Indian, etc. That's not my opinion, but facts. It's forced just like majority of shows and movies force that political shit, since no projects are allowed to be made if they don't add it. The Wheel of Time pushed it on another level, though. It's a fact. You watch stuff from 50s, 70s, 90s and you see huge difference to stuff being produced after 2010 and it keeps getting worse. I was just saying how dealing with such staff makes quality worse because they don't focus on getting best actors, but focus on diversity. While I don't have anything against those races, obviously, I think it's ridiculous they are pushing it like that and rubbing in peoples face just because everything is being politicized. Some stuff like that is total shit, like I noticed in The Witcher, if you know characters from the books. Oh, and yes, I did read all of those.

Lastly, like I said above, I like Witcher. I think second season a lot better than the first one, and I also think Witcher generally is a lot better than The Wheel of Time. A lot better. Just read what you type next time. In the end, you yourself said how "Its just shit to pass the time". Exactly, and that is my point, it was quite shit. I said it in different words, and you feel like cutting your wrists while bursting into tears. You defend it yet say it's shit. Give me a break and if you can't deal with different opinions just piss off seriously, this is a forum, not a place to wank your cock.
You are right that they sacrifice proper casting for bullshit diversity (it's not even realistic).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You are right that they sacrifice proper casting for bullshit diversity (it's not even realistic).
And that's the point. I watched stuff with all Asians, all blacks, all whites. I watched stuff with girls being the lead. I watched stuff with mixed races too and it was all totally fine. But bullshit that they are promoting nowadays is way over the top, it feels way too forced and unnecessary, especially when they fill roles with WRONG casts just by giving them different and wrong race to pull such a character. It's stupid and it ruins the show since it looks fake and impossible even.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)