General TV (76 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm so bored with current Netflix shows that I started rewatching the West Wing instead.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I stopped my Netflix subscription back in December, everything there is boring nowadays. I am waiting for Stranger Things 3, OITNB and Saul to reactivate. I am not sure Dark will have season 2 either. Oh yes, Ozark is also interesting but season 3 hasn't come out yet.

I have four episodes left in GoT, I don't know what I will do with the void after I am done. Any suggestions? No history, no sci fi and no politics.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I stopped my Netflix subscription back in December, everything there is boring nowadays. I am waiting for Stranger Things 3, OITNB and Saul to reactivate. I am not sure Dark will have season 2 either. Oh yes, Ozark is also interesting but season 3 hasn't come out yet.

I have four episodes left in GoT, I don't know what I will do with the void after I am done. Any suggestions? No history, no sci fi and no politics.
If you like slow paced stuff then maybe check out this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Yeah. Netflix is garbage right now.

Have you watched Babylon Berlin yet? It’s one of the better shows of the last couple years imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, hopefully they continue wtih Dark. It was brilliant. I loved it.
Dark season 2 finished shooting at the end of November. I’d hope that means we should be seeing season 2 arrive in the next few months.

Catch-22 arrives May 17, which is exciting. And I’m not sure what else is in coming soon.

Oh, there’s that BBC adaptation of His Dark Materials, but I was never much of a fan of those books. Fantasy/whatever was never really my cup of tea.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Have you seen The wire?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Have you watched Babylon Berlin yet? It’s one of the better shows of the last couple years imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Dark season 2 finished shooting at the end of November. I’d hope that means we should be seeing season 2 arrive in the next few months.

Catch-22 arrives May 17, which is exciting. And I’m not sure what else is in coming soon.

Oh, there’s that BBC adaptation of His Dark Materials, but I was never much of a fan of those books. Fantasy/whatever was never really my cup of tea.

In terms of brand new series, not new seasons, I'm waiting for/looking forward to:

You already mentionned the first two I want to see (especially catch 22):

Read the first book, but mainly want to see it because of the cast (and HBO is co-producing it):

These two will be super fun action series most likely, especially Hanna (Warrior is same creator of Banshee, so will be worth it):

I'm corious about this because of its brilliant cast, but undecided if I will watch:

Very little info on this, but its enough that its about Bumpy Johnson to catch my curiosity:

Last and second best (because obviously catch 22 will be the best by far), this series will rock the heck outta 2019 for me (read all the english available books):

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Witcher looks like a pussy in that teaser. Without a beard and with that baby face it's just so wrong. I have huge expectations, though, and I doubt they will succeed in making it look great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Witcher looks like a pussy in that teaser. Without a beard and with that baby face it's just so wrong. I have huge expectations, though, and I doubt they will succeed in making it look great.

Its mainly because he is a young actor for the character/role, Geralt is fairly rugged oldish beast, but Cavill is fantastic choice still, have no doubts with him, I'm more corious about whos making the show, have no clue about them, but it shouldnt be a hard thing to adapt, the books are plenty easy to follow. Fairly dark fantasy world.

- - - Updated - - -

@JCK

Watch

-Into the Badlands
-The Night Of
-Escape at Dannemora
-Animal Kingdom
-The Deuce

All fantastic recommendations, except scape at dannemora, only saw one episode of that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you like slow paced stuff then maybe check out this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/
Looks interesting, I will check it out.

I heard a lot about Babylon Berlin but I don't like politics at all so I will not try it.

Have you seen The wire?
Of course!

@JCK

Watch

-Into the Badlands

-The Night Of

-Escape at Dannemora

-Animal Kingdom

-The Deuce
Seen all!

Such a shame that Into the Badlands is discontinued and they opted to add four episodes to season 3 and end it.
Such a shame that we have not heard anything about a second season of The Night Of
Surprisingly good series from Ben Stiller, I really enjoyed Escape at Dannemora
I can't wait for the coming season of Animal Kingdom
Talking about repetition at its finest, The Deuce is terribly boring. Season 1 was good, I started season 2 and was able to watch 1 episode, I stopped mid way through the second and decided to abandon it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, TV Time is an amazing service

https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/8643118/profile

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Looks interesting, I will check it out.

I heard a lot about Babylon Berlin but I don't like politics at all so I will not try it.

Of course!

Seen all!

Such a shame that Into the Badlands is discontinued and they opted to add four episodes to season 3 and end it.
Such a shame that we have not heard anything about a second season of The Night Of
Surprisingly good series from Ben Stiller, I really enjoyed Escape at Dannemora
I can't wait for the coming season of Animal Kingdom
Talking about repetition at its finest, The Deuce is terribly boring. Season 1 was good, I started season 2 and was able to watch 1 episode, I stopped mid way through the second and decided to abandon it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, TV Time is an amazing service

https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/8643118/profile
YOU MUST WATCH GOMORRA IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi
Im looking for some recommendations for Movies/Tv shows on Netflix
I liked The Sinner, Sick Note, The End of the Fucking World, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The Fall , Some TV Serie of some library man who want to be the perfect boyfriend but end up killing everyone.. (didnt mention Dexter and Breaking Bed because its pretty obvious)...

Any recommendations (no imaginary things like dragons shape shifting or crap like this also not a big fan of Documentaries..)?

Thanks guys

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Hi
Im looking for some recommendations for Movies/Tv shows on Netflix
I liked The Sinner, Sick Note, The End of the Fucking World, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The Fall , Some TV Serie of some library man who want to be the perfect boyfriend but end up killing everyone.. (didnt mention Dexter and Breaking Bed because its pretty obvious)...

Any recommendations (no imaginary things like dragons shape shifting or crap like this also not a big fan of Documentaries..)?

Thanks guys
Shtisel

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hopefully I'm wrong but that looked like Genny is out from the show? It's like he's disappearing for good literally. That was the only thing that I didn't like, otherwise great season opening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)