General TV (25 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Kind of interesting if it's even the same actors :D But usually it's impossible to repeat a masterpiece.
Yeah, you have a point there. However, seeing how brilliant the show was and how it's the same staff making it, I think it's rather horrible if people decide not to watch it. I mean, for me it's literally impossible to skip it seeing how 'first' Twin Peaks amazing was.

And I seriously can't wait to start watching tonight. With popcorns surely!

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I will watch it. But I prefer they do soething new and good rather then try to replicate old. When you watch the new one you will compare, and most likely it will be a let down compared to the originals.

Everything has time and place. Like the people that wrote it at that time and they were different people to the ones now. So that is why I would prefer something new rather then old. But I definitely will watch it hoping it will be good, we need good stuff considering braking bad is next best thing since slice bread in todays standards.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I will watch it. But I prefer they do soething new and good rather then try to replicate old. When you watch the new one you will compare, and most likely it will be a let down compared to the originals.
But even if it's a letdown compared to the original it doesn't mean it's bad. Might as well be very good and better than majority of the crap that comes out nowadays.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
But even if it's a letdown compared to the original it doesn't mean it's bad. Might as well be very good and better than majority of the crap that comes out nowadays.
True. But why not make a different good thing? Because it's a bigger risk, but risks are somewhat important in making masterpieces :)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
True. But why not make a different good thing? Because it's a bigger risk, but risks are somewhat important in making masterpieces :)
During the old show there was a hint how Cooper will find out something 25 years later, which is exactly now, and such thing makes the whole show feel even more special. :D

He also made a movie about it, it's clear how Twin Peaks mean a lot to Lynch. Plus he even had a role in it. I'm not surprised one bit he's making it now and I can say I'm very happy he's doing it :p

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
During the old show there was a hint how Cooper will find out something 25 years later, which is exactly now, and such thing makes the whole show feel even more special. :D

He also made a movie about it, it's clear how Twin Peaks mean a lot to Lynch. Plus he even had a role in it. I'm not surprised one bit he's making it now and I can say I'm very happy he's doing it :p
:tup:

Let's us hope for the best then :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Might as well be very good and better than majority of the crap that comes out nowadays.
TV is ALOT better now then when Twin Peaks originally came out.

Which reminds me, I need something to binge watch on work commute, now that I finished 7 seasons of Good wife in just couple months (have long commutes at times lol), so essentially a good series to watch on cell phone lol. Since you guys are talking so much of Twin Peaks maybe I should try it out (when it was new back then only tried few episodes I think, was more of an X-files guy as a kid).

But any other show you guys can recommend to binge watch in spurts would be nice to hear.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Twin Peaks is a masterpiece. There are loads of TV series that are better that were released back then then most of "todays TV" that only criteria is approval ratings and meeting their target audience.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Which reminds me, I need something to binge watch on work commute, now that I finished 7 seasons of Good wife in just couple months (have long commutes at times lol), so essentially a good series to watch on cell phone lol. Since you guys are talking so much of Twin Peaks maybe I should try it out (when it was new back then only tried few episodes I think, was more of an X-files guy as a kid).

But any other show you guys can recommend to binge watch in spurts would be nice to hear.
That doesn't mean anything. If you were to make a list of the best movies you'd see 90% is from 50 years ago. :D

Hmm.. well, I don't know. You're a tough nut to crack cause you watched, like, everything... :D

Btw, I also love X-Files. I loved it as a kid but I still rate it very high, really enjoyable to watch.

Band of Brothers, Firefly, Fargo, WW, Only Fools and Horses etc., you watched. But you MUST watch Twin peaks if you haven't lol, wtf, here I thought I was the only one who skipped that show which is now my favorite one. Btw there are 2 Italian tv shows that are a must imo. Il commissario Montalbano is brilliant. The other one is Il capo dei capi. Both are simply brilliant. And I assume you watched Gomorra too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Raz. Nah TV way back then were alot of procedurals and formulaic shows, most of my favs from then when I was kid but far from better bro, was alot of simply shows in all genres.Where now, from late 90s/early 00s til now, has seriously reached a golden age of creativity and sheer ingenuity. In terms of writers/creators exploring everything in the medium that was remotely close to being possible before, but also seriously great actors willing to do TV with ease past decade or more.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean anything. If you were to make a list of the best movies you'd see 90% is from 50 years ago. :D

Hmm.. well, I don't know. You're a tough nut to crack cause you watched, like, everything... :D

Btw, I also love X-Files. I loved it as a kid but I still rate it very high, really enjoyable to watch.

Band of Brothers, Firefly, Fargo, WW, Only Fools and Horses etc., you watched. But you MUST watch Twin peaks if you haven't lol, wtf, here I thought I was the only one who skipped that show which is now my favorite one. Btw there are 2 Italian tv shows that are a must imo. Il commissario Montalbano is brilliant. The other one is Il capo dei capi. Both are simply brilliant. And I assume you watched Gomorra too.
I seen il capo dei capi, my father likes italian stuff so couldnt avoided it at the time. Seen parts of Montalbano too, but cop prodecurals arent my thing, hard to keep my attention on them for long even if they are great in core character etc. But the formula wores out on me, thats why I stopped watching Luther too, cop shows need to be more overaching storyline and fully character focused for me, granted these shows are more so then likes of pure run of the mill american cop shows (only one I truly got into was southland), but if the end game isnt more then a case an episode or few, it gets stale.

WW is west wing? Actually I could use to rewatch that, dont think I seen the final half of the last season fully. Only fools and horses is the only one I havent seen of those you mentionned, tho not sure if comedy is type to binge watch, it goes back too quickly lol. But of the others, I only seen first season of Fargo so thats a good shout to binge watch the other 2, thanks for reminder.

When it comes to Twin peaks, I have no idea why btw, I guess when I was younger and it was on tv, it was on very late hours and in sporadic way, so never really got a chance to get into it or get grapped by it (like X-files did at the time, shit was awesomely mysterious, kinda elements that made me love Lost later lol). And since then, I dont tend to go back and rewatch older series unless I have easy access to them, I know I seen quite few episodes, but other then that blank for me. Seen Lynch movies but never the actual main show much.

P.S I read the book but I havent watched Gamorra much :D I should like it, but I didnt get into it when my brothers were mad about it, should give it a 2nd chance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Blindspot
The Leftovers
The Path

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I seen it ofcourse, quite underrated series IMO, the ideas it explored will be more appriciated after the show ends and people binge watched it in dvds.

- - - Updated - - -

Blindspot
The Leftovers
The Path
Thanks, Tried my hardest to get through blindspot (thank you viaplay), but usually watch 2-3 episodes then drop it for a while.

Seen bits of Left overs before, its quite cuckoo but intriguing still. Never seen the Path, only know its about a cult and Aaron Paul is in it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Raz. Nah TV way back then were alot of procedurals and formulaic shows, most of my favs from then when I was kid but far from better bro, was alot of simply shows in all genres.Where now, from late 90s/early 00s til now, has seriously reached a golden age of creativity and sheer ingenuity. In terms of writers/creators exploring everything in the medium that was remotely close to being possible before, but also seriously great actors willing to do TV with ease past decade or more.

- - - Updated - - -

I seen il capo dei capi, my father likes italian stuff so couldnt avoided it at the time. Seen parts of Montalbano too, but cop prodecurals arent my thing, hard to keep my attention on them for long even if they are great in core character etc. But the formula wores out on me, thats why I stopped watching Luther too, cop shows need to be more overaching storyline and fully character focused for me, granted these shows are more so then likes of pure run of the mill american cop shows (only one I truly got into was southland), but if the end game isnt more then a case an episode or few, it gets stale.

WW is west wing? Actually I could use to rewatch that, dont think I seen the final half of the last season fully. Only fools and horses is the only one I havent seen of those you mentionned, tho not sure if comedy is type to binge watch, it goes back too quickly lol. But of the others, I only seen first season of Fargo so thats a good shout to binge watch the other 2, thanks for reminder.

When it comes to Twin peaks, I have no idea why btw, I guess when I was younger and it was on tv, it was on very late hours and in sporadic way, so never really got a chance to get into it or get grapped by it (like X-files did at the time, shit was awesomely mysterious, kinda elements that made me love Lost later lol). And since then, I dont tend to go back and rewatch older series unless I have easy access to them, I know I seen quite few episodes, but other then that blank for me. Seen Lynch movies but never the actual main show much.

P.S I read the book but I havent watched Gamorra much :D I should like it, but I didnt get into it when my brothers were mad about it, should give it a 2nd chance.
I was thinking Westworld. :D

Gomorrah is brilliant, it's really amazing, you should defo give it a try again! But start by watching Twin Peaks first, ffs! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)