General TV (16 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I actually prefer IT Crowd to Father Ted. The humor is there, but the characters are much better in IT Crowd if you ask me. In Father Ted, the old man is awesome, the retard is so-so and Father Ted is annoying. I only watched the first 3 episodes but that's my impression.
The old man completely sucks, the one I like is the young priest. Father Ted is the straight man, so he's not really supposed to be funny.

I also like the theme, obviously, the idea of a show about priests is unique and funny.

Thanks for the Black Books recommendation.
Let me know how you like it (and which characters). :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #502
    • V

V

I can't believe you like this character, it's the most lazy, uncreative trash of a character. :yuck:

It's so obvious how Ron and Moss were crafted, but Douglas is pure filler. It's so typical of comedy shows where the fringe characters completely suck. "Yeah, let's have a boss with a big ego who's also stupid. They'll never see that coming!"
    The old man completely sucks, the one I like is the young priest. Father Ted is the straight man, so he's not really supposed to be funny.

I also like the theme, obviously, the idea of a show about priests is unique and funny.

Let me know how you like it (and which characters). :)
    It's obvious we come from different backgrounds. I was raised on Bosnian humor. :p

Will do, I don't if I'll say which characters I like. I don't need to be put down two times in a row. :D

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #504
    • V

V

Bosnian? Is there no Croat humor? :D

:D No need, actually, there are no really bad characters in the show.
    There is but it's not very good. Bosnian humor is the the best. Serbian is also good, but Croats are probably the least funny of the bunch. OK we're better than Slovenians. :p

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    black books is brilliant,i do have to agree with Martin on that but i honestly feel you are being a little oversensitive regarding the subject matter in the IT crowd, in Father Ted they did very little actual preaching,in the IT crowd they do very little It work (though i do love the sticker on the back of Moss's monitor)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    black books is brilliant,i do have to agree with Martin on that but i honestly feel you are being a little oversensitive regarding the subject matter in the IT crowd, in Father Ted they did very little actual preaching,in the IT crowd they do very little It work (though i do love the sticker on the back of Moss's monitor)
    Yeah that's the real weakness of it. The show is sold as something and it's actually a diluted version of it. I probably would like it more if they did more IT stuff. There is one pretty solid scene where Moss is taking a support call and he's saying something like "so when the subroutine returns from the system call.."

Ron and Moss are okay characters, but the writing is weak. The woman is mostly boring.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    watching Six Feet Under these days...its OK.
    One of the best series endings ever, IMO. A good show too.

That's actually my favorite episode. :lol2:

Both Roy and Moss are awesome but the greatest are Denholm and Douglas. I love them. :howler:
    Also one of my favorite IT Crowd episodes as well.

I can't believe you like this character, it's the most lazy, uncreative trash of a character. :yuck:

It's so obvious how Ron and Moss were crafted, but Douglas is pure filler. It's so typical of comedy shows where the fringe characters completely suck. "Yeah, let's have a boss with a big ego who's also stupid. They'll never see that coming!"
    Douglas? Sure, he's a caricature. But Matt Berry is such a fantastic comedian, he pulls it off to make him one of the best bit characters on the show. Some of his lines like, "You there, computer man. Fix my pants!" could be pulled off with timing and delivery by few other comedians on the planet.

They're starting to air this recently ended season tonight on IFC in the States, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    I'm on How I met your mother, Supernatural and Only fools and horses for the millionth time. By far the best sitcom ever.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Watched all of them, can't wait for 6th season, but don't know what to expect, season finale was pretty much amazing. :)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Yup. Still have no idea what happened with Chuck. Was he a God? Really interesting stuff. Who's your favorite character, well, besides Dean obviously? :D

Cas is the best! One of the best scenes:
    So damn funny :lol:

And his voicemail rulz. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Watched Sopranos season 3 and 4 last couple of weeks, into middle of 5 now.

Great series to watch gradually while I anxiously wait for Boardwalk Empire. That one should be epic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)