General TV (91 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
watches a super hero show, complains about super heroes.
when i watch game of thrones i don't expect every character to be a throne candidate
when i watch the walking dead i don't expect every character to be dead and walking
when i watch teletubbies i don't expect to be more than 4 teletibbies

so stfu

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
When it comes to Arrow, some may have had unrealistic expectations about the show. I mean it is what it is - a CW show about superheros - enough said. I mean seriously, why would one expect more than what the show already is?
Lion said it best - if you want proper characters and an actual story to go along with that, look elsewhere.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
how can u say that when u watch movies like bond, or bourne?

they dont die, barely get injued, have tools or knowledge to survive any scenrario.

they are hollywood super heroes.
Claudio kinda captured it:

But they don't look like phaggots in ridiculous costumes.
I can tolerate Bond and Bourne films, though I wouldn't consider myself a fan. Action films involving humans is fine, because there's still part of me that can plausibly comprehend single low possibilities -- regardless if they are strung 200 times in a row like that in a film.

But take a guy in tights or who can fly around, you're taking all the worst elements of kung fu movies and multiplying by 1000 on the ridiculous charade scale. Just like movies about fairies and elves. What's worse is that superhero shows take fairies and elves, and then dress them up like the Easter Bunny as if that wasn't bad enough.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Claudio kinda captured it:

I can tolerate Bond and Bourne films, though I wouldn't consider myself a fan. Action films involving humans is fine, because there's still part of me that can plausibly comprehend single low possibilities -- regardless if they are strung 200 times in a row like that in a film.

But take a guy in tights or who can fly around, you're taking all the worst elements of kung fu movies and multiplying by 1000 on the ridiculous charade scale. Just like movies about fairies and elves. What's worse is that superhero shows take fairies and elves, and then dress them up like the Easter Bunny as if that wasn't bad enough.
:tup: spot on, amigo.

There's nothing wrong with fantasy as long as it doesn't involve the elements you just named. I, for instance, like well made (taking into account production and plot) science fiction shows or movies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey, I like some science fiction fantasy now and then.

I think the problem now is that what used to be the movie macho Humphrey Bogart of the 40s was socially replaced by the macho cowboy of 60s television, then the macho cop of 70s television, then the action heroes of Scwarzenegger and Bruce Willis in the 80s, etc. And today the only macho male role model figures left anymore are the ridiculous caricatures of comic book heroes, who are basically gross exaggerations of all the similar model male figures/characters that came before them.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Hey, I like some science fiction fantasy now and then.

I think the problem now is that what used to be the movie macho Humphrey Bogart of the 40s was socially replaced by the macho cowboy of 60s television, then the macho cop of 70s television, then the action heroes of Scwarzenegger and Bruce Willis in the 80s, etc. And today the only macho male role model figures left anymore are the ridiculous caricatures of comic book heroes, who are basically gross exaggerations of all the similar model male figures/characters that came before them.
if you ask me, gay-ish superheroes in tights is the perfect embodiment of masculinity in the eyes of the Bieber-generation. Correlations, correlations ...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
when i watch game of thrones i don't expect every character to be a throne candidate
when i watch the walking dead i don't expect every character to be dead and walking
when i watch teletubbies i don't expect to be more than 4 teletibbies

so stfu
Watches game of thrones. A show that has zombies, dragons and magic and demons. Dares to make fun of other shows because hurr durr unrealistic.

Lol

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Watches game of thrones. A show that has zombies, dragons and magic and demons. Dares to make fun of other shows because hurr durr unrealistic.

Lol
I know that you're trolling, but GoT has all of this stuff, but it only makes up about 10% of the show.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Just watched episode 4 of constantine , up to this point it showed potential , but this episode was fantastic . I hope it keeps on this track

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)