General TV (16 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I started watching Banshee and can't say I'm a huge fan, at least not so far. That shit it so exaggerated it makes it just silly.

I love Person of Interested, though. It's also exaggerated a bunch but at least it's not stupid.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
How much episodes have you watched of Banshee? It'll grow on you if you give it time. Just don't expect too much. You'll get to see lots of titties too.

Try Justified if you'll give up on it. :)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I started watching Banshee and can't say I'm a huge fan, at least not so far. That shit it so exaggerated it makes it just silly.

I love Person of Interested, though. It's also exaggerated a bunch but at least it's not stupid.
you have some weird taste, I'll give you that much :p

Banshee is good at what it does - it shocks you and keeps you on the edge of your seat, not put you to sleep PoI style.
PoI aims too high for its own good and tries too hard at being original only to end up looking repetitive, unrealistic and eventually even stupid. 20 years ago it may have pulled it off, today, with the bar raised so high by other shows out there, it's just a watered-down product.

Anyways, you and the Maltese falcon @Klin may wanna check out Smith (2006) for a good action series, albeit a short-lived one. It had a star-studded cast and looked really good for my moneys but got canned in the US after only 3 episodes or so (they produced 7 eps altogether). That show was just too good and too big a spoon for the main-stream, bull-full (read PoI and such) networks here to swallow. Would have loved seeing it produced by the HBOs, FXs or AMCs of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)