General Religion & Philosophy Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #41
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NASA's funding part of a national budget? So the government allocated them that much money and not simply a case of NASA taking as much as they want from the national budget or something?

And even if it wasn't didn't of Mars exploration, it would've been spent on something else NASA would've chosen to spend on, right ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Two billion dollars to go to Mars. It could have been spent so much better here on Earth. Anyone disagree?
    Strongly disagree, if anything more money should be invested into science, exploration, discovery, mankind will benefit from it in the long run.

And two billion is nothing to go to Mars, considering how much mooney is wasted on truly unncessary things.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NASA's funding part of a national budget? So the government allocated them that much money and not simply a case of NASA taking as much as they want from the national budget or something?

And even if it wasn't didn't of Mars exploration, it would've been spent on something else NASA would've chosen to spend on, right ?

Yep. And NASA's total all time budget is smaller than the annual defense budget of the US.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Strongly disagree, if anything more money should be invested into science, exploration, discovery, mankind will benefit from it in the long run.

And two billion is nothing to go to Mars, considering how much mooney is wasted on truly unncessary things.
    Not only that, today society is still heavily reaping the benefits of the inventions developed as a result of the 1960s Apollo program and spun off to the consumer market:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/5893387/Apollo-11-moon-landing-top-15-Nasa-inventions.html

Nobody in industry is prepared to fund that kind of R&D today. Nobody.

Mar 9, 2006
    Big question for all - if i will go to the church/mosque and i will pray there with "demonic" dances with asking god/jesus/allah/mohammed to remove the president/leader of my country from his current position what punishment awaits me? I know that if you will do something like that in Saudi Arabia and probably Iran you will finish ur days without head but what about north america, south america, europe, asia ? Pussy Riot were sentenced to 2 years because of 1 minute praying ceremony in punk style.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Why does the pope use a car with bulletproof windows? I mean if god willed he died why are we stopping it? Why is that allowed and condoms not? Does the Pope receive medical treatment?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I believe that children are the future.
    Treat them well and let them lead way.
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
    Give them a sense of pride...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)