General News & Politics (11 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think the French would give you guys a good run for your money, they wiped out a third of Algeria's population and they even put in concentration camps shortly post WW2, they peeped game from their neighbors :hihi:
The Ottoman Turks have an argument here too. A couple million Armenian, Assyrian, and Greek Christians…

But the most impressive of all was the Hutus wiping out close to a million Tutsis in just 100 days. And mostly with machetes, etc. not even the Nazis managed that kinda kill rate.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The Ottoman Turks have an argument here too. A couple million Armenian, Assyrian, and Greek Christians…

But the most impressive of all was the Hutus wiping out close to a million Tutsis in just 100 days. And mostly with machetes, etc. not even the Nazis managed that kinda kill rate.
Lets not forget the Belgians aka Leopold in Congo, that was one hell of a genocide.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
What about the Mongols ?

FrqfLl3aYAA-FCq.jpg
Nobody can compete with mongols. This like super saiyan 4 shit right here

- - - Updated - - -

I’d put an asterisk on the Hutus, I doubt they’d be able to accomplish that if they didn’t get help from “peacekeeping” forces that made sure the Tutsis couldn’t escape and gathered em up nice and neatly to get chopped down.
One your Canadian military heroes even made serious money writing a memoir about his time there.
Also saying it was only done with machetes is super disingenuous, the French supplied weapons, so did several other European nations and Egypt.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nobody can compete with mongols. This like super saiyan 4 shit right here

- - - Updated - - -

I’d put an asterisk on the Hutus, I doubt they’d be able to accomplish that if they didn’t get help from “peacekeeping” forces that made sure the Tutsis couldn’t escape and gathered em up nice and neatly to get chopped down.
One your Canadian military heroes even made serious money writing a memoir about his time there.
Also saying it was only done with machetes is super disingenuous, the French supplied weapons, so did several other European nations and Egypt.
Which is why I wrote “machetes, etc.” There are lots of interviews with Hutus who participated, in books written on the genocide, that discuss machetes, old hunting rifles, etc as weapons frequently used. And no, there is no asterisk lol. The Hutus perpetrated that genocide all on their own. You can blame the UN for being too reactionary and too cowardly to directly intervene and stop the genocide. But lol that they “helped.”

And yeah, I’m always talking about that Romeo Dallaire, my military “hero” :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to blame white people for the genocide, at least blame the right ones. Belgian colonialism set the table for that genocide. But even then, it was still the ethnic Hutus who did all of the killing.

Last edited:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Which is why I wrote “machetes, etc.” There are lots of interviews with Hutus who participated, in books written on the genocide, that discuss machetes, old hunting rifles, etc as weapons frequently used. And no, there is no asterisk lol. The Hutus perpetrated that genocide all on their own. You can blame the UN for being too reactionary and too cowardly to directly intervene and stop the genocide. But lol that they “helped.”

And yeah, I’m always talking about that Romeo Dallaire, my military “hero” :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to blame white people for the genocide, at least blame the right ones. Belgian colonialism set the table for that genocide. But even then, it was still the ethnic Hutus who did all of the killing.
Oh there’s no blaming white people, the deaths of the Tutsis is 100% on the Hutus, they killed their compatriots.

What I meant by helped is that they literally prevented the Tutsis to flee, there are many reporting of peacekeepers literally watching people die behind a fence.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh there’s no blaming white people, the deaths of the Tutsis is 100% on the Hutus, they killed their compatriots.

What I meant by helped is that they literally prevented the Tutsis to flee, there are many reporting of peacekeepers literally watching people die behind a fence.
Oh for sure on that. They allowed it to happen right in front of their eyes. And the UN and UN Security Council refused to allow anything to be done to stop it. Was sickening to read books on it back in University. Hundreds of thousands of lives could have been spared if the UN decided to give any fucks at all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo.

It is still a Hutu taking a machete and using it.

I have no problems with people calling out Belgium's wrongdoing in Rwanda. Obviously Belgium did not do a great job. But the genocide is strictly on the Rwandans themselves.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, isn't the Taunt & Loot a new powerlifting move?

Also in Canada:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local...wcm/74e8a73b-0eb5-4993-bf85-073243aa1e46/amp/

Can’t drink in a public park, can’t smoke almost anywhere nowadays… but infringing on the constitutional right of hard drug users to smoke crack or meth or shoot heroin anywhere they like is oppression! Let addicts use in playgrounds! :boh:
So what are you waiting for? Grab some hypodermics and find yourself a public park. Stop complaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)