General News & Politics (14 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Didn't the US facilitate Saddam's work, provide him all kinds of shit. Shake his hand and turn a blind eye to his handiwork?
The conflict was very long but they backed him against Iran and invaded them when they went to war against Kuwait. France sold them weapons when Saddam wasn’t the evil man he became afterwards.

USA bombed all their infrastructure during the first invasion, clean water apparently did not exist anymore and due to that, many diseases broke out. Afterwards they imposed a embargo that basically cut the population out of basic needs. So yea they turned a blind eye to the chemical weapons used in Iran but got them really hard when they invaded Kuwait. Afterwards came the ‘oil for food programme’. Can you believe that, oil for food. I mean wtf https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for-Food_Programme

And the Iraqi war of our time had yet to start, with Bush misleading the world. I knew about the previous wars but never realised that Iraq was in such a bad state before this invasion began.

The main interest was Iraqi oil of course. Saddam is definitely not the victim but it’s bizarre what that population went trough.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The conflict was very long but they backed him against Iran and invaded them when they went to war against Kuwait. France sold them weapons when Saddam wasn’t the evil man he became afterwards.

USA bombed all their infrastructure during the first invasion, clean water apparently did not exist anymore and due to that, many diseases broke out. Afterwards they imposed a embargo that basically cut the population out of basic needs. So yea they turned a blind eye to the chemical weapons used in Iran but got them really hard when they invaded Kuwait. Afterwards came the ‘oil for food programme’. Can you believe that, oil for food. I mean wtf https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for-Food_Programme

And the Iraqi war of our time had yet to start, with Bush misleading the world. I knew about the previous wars but never realised that Iraq was in such a bad state before this invasion began.

The main interest was Iraqi oil of course. Saddam is definitely not the victim but it’s bizarre what that population went trough.
bizarre is TOTALLY the first come that comes to mind when reading this shit.
I MEAN TOTALLY.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
He says Iran should cut off Russia as a mediator, it canl be a huge blow to Russia and makes sense for both Iran and the US if they pull it off. @Ronn

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He says Iran should cut off Russia as a mediator, it canl be a huge blow to Russia and makes sense for both Iran and the US if they pull it off. @Ronn

Iran’s relations with China and Russia is the fruit of Khamenei’s paranoia, and to a lesser extent US’s neocon foreign policy of early 2000s. This is not the first time someone is calling for a direct negotiation line to US. But historically those who asked for it, including this guy, are not close to IRGC leadership.
btw yesterday EU negotiator for JCPOA confirmed that Russia tried to block release of Iran’s oil to the market, but that is now resolved (there are still other unresolved issues). I think the bluntness of that request even threw off Iranian conservatives.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Iran’s relations with China and Russia is the fruit of Khamenei’s paranoia, and to a lesser extent US’s neocon foreign policy of early 2000s. This is not the first time someone is calling for a direct negotiation line to US. But historically those who asked for it, including this guy, are not close to IRGC leadership.
btw yesterday EU negotiator for JCPOA confirmed that Russia tried to block release of Iran’s oil to the market, but that is now resolved (there are still other unresolved issues). I think the bluntness of that request even threw off Iranian conservatives.
:tup:

Im rooting for the JCPOA to happen at this point, fuck the russians. Nuclear Iran will happen with or without it imo. I prefer Iran with somethibg to loose then without.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)