General News & Politics (8 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Damn shame, surprised there wasn't effective watering systems in place like in many historical churches.

They can't even do an air drop, for fear that the whole building will collapse

- - - Updated - - -

How do you even rebuild something like this? Even if you had the blueprints.............
Thankfully they're gonna most likely reconstruct it exactly like it was since it's such a historical masterpiece. I went to Teatro La Fenice in Venice last year and couldn't believe it burned down completely in the late 90s and was reopened in 2004 as almost exactly like it was. With the Notre Dame there is going to be 100% accurate laser scans done on every single surface so the regular lad won't see a difference and it can be restored to almost exact historical accuracy (just google Notre Dame laser scans and you'll see what I mean). Of course the authenticity suffers, but you'd be suprised on how many times most of the legendary pieces of architecture has been destroyed and rebuilt.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Damn shame, surprised there wasn't effective watering systems in place like in many historical churches.

Thankfully they're gonna most likely reconstruct it exactly like it was since it's such a historical masterpiece. I went to Teatro La Fenice in Venice last year and couldn't believe it burned down completely in the late 90s and was reopened in 2004 as almost exactly like it was. With the Notre Dame there is going to be 100% accurate laser scans done on every single surface so the regular lad won't see a difference and it can be restored to almost exact historical accuracy (just google Notre Dame laser scans and you'll see what I mean). Of course the authenticity suffers, but you'd be suprised on how many times most of the legendary pieces of architecture has been destroyed and rebuilt.
Monte Cassino also comes to mind, has been nuked to hell and back again

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I hope that you are right

- - - Updated - - -

Fire has spread to one of the towers

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That's what i was thinking. But as you said, even if it's going to look like the original, it'll still never be the same though.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if the complete destruction was partly due to the renovation works that were being done. There even might've been effective sprinkler systems and fire alarms in place but due to the renovations they might've been in renovation aswell or turned off.

Going back to my example of the Teatro La Fenice, it also burned down during the renovation works and was actually lit by one of the workers. Rumours are that it's the same case here....

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
North tower next? :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

God is it THAT hard to isolate the fire? (Note: I know it is, i'm just so angry.)

- - - Updated - - -

Firedepartment spokesman: towers safe, structure to stay intact :xfinger:

- - - Updated - - -

D4OKx_cWwAAx_a-?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

D4ONwWYWwAAYggF?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

D4OFcYZW0AEpSkc?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

:sad:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)