General News & Politics (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is bizzarely funny, I usually think americans are overly prude/scandalize most minor things in politics. But the french :lol: I mean ffs they voting as leader a guy who dated his high school teacher? (and his 2nd fav besides Le Pen, Fillion, is someone who paid his wife half a million state funs for no work? plus Sarkozy had harem in office LOL etc) No holds bared. Bravo lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That shit is very, very weird. First time I heard it btw, despite Belgian media covering quite a lot of it.

OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #29
    Really? I've heard it a couple of times already.

But honestly I couldn't care less. I mean sure, it's weird af, but not something that should even remotely influence your voting decision (not that you were implying that).

In that sense I actually really like the French political culture.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Really? I've heard it a couple of times already.

But honestly I couldn't care less. I mean sure, it's weird af, but not something that should even remotely influence your voting decision (not that you were implying that).

In that sense I actually really like the French political culture.
    I haven't been following it much, but when I drive to Court in the morning I always have the radio on and I've heard people speak about it pretty much every single day for a few weeks now. I guess maybe did say something about it and I wasn't really paying attention. But still, it was definitely not all over the news.

OP
    Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #31
    Ah okay, yeah I haven't it heard in the radio either, but most longer newspaper articles & especially magazine features talk extensively about it, or at least mention it somewhere.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    This is bizzarely funny, I usually think americans are overly prude/scandalize most minor things in politics. But the french :lol: I mean ffs they voting as leader a guy who dated his high school teacher? (and his 2nd fav besides Le Pen, Fillion, is someone who paid his wife half a million state funs for no work? plus Sarkozy had harem in office LOL etc) No holds bared. Bravo lol.
    Don't forget

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    Not really. Le Pen had higher numbers in the polls.

- - - Updated - - -

But the trend is the same here like everywhere else. People from rural areas vote for the right wing populists.
    Much better than what we saw in Brexit and US. Granted, it's very different when you have only 2 candidates, but the results were pretty much within the margin of error of the latest polls.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opini...7#Opinion_polls_for_the_first_round_of_voting

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel is visiting Israel and wants to meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today. If, however, Gabriel intents on meeting with Breaking the Silence activists, who criticize Israel's settlement policy, Netanjahu will cancel the meeting.
    ::lol3::

How dare we Nazis. @lgorTudor

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I somehow missed all of this juicy info, nais :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

That shit is very, very weird. First time I heard it btw, despite Belgian media covering quite a lot of it.
    You and me both know very well that Belgian media isnt covering shit if it means right or extreme right partys would get electorial gain from it

OP
    Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #40
    Hollande, Macron and Sarkozy are a very different case from Fillon.

The former just have a weird private life, but that's purely their and their spouse's business.

Fillon has blatantly abused his public office for personal gain, that shit should get him arrested, baffling that he was even allowed to run for president, let alone getting as many votes as he got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)