General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (26 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So Bethesda just basically ripped off No Man’s Sky and blended it with Skyrim then called it a new name lol. Todd trying to sell it like they’re doing anything new lol so full of shit

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Finally got my hands on a PS5.

Astro's Playroom made me so emotional and nostalgic. This is the first time in a long time that I played a video game with a smile on my face like a child. It was a great reminder of why I love PlayStation.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Haven't played Death Stranding until now. Had really low expectations but heck what-a-game! Love it! Played Ghost of Tshushima right before I went over to DS. Enjoyed Ghost but DS leave as lasting impression in so many ways. Almost finished DS though, feels a bit sad. Don't want it to end.

Apr 12, 2004
So it’s been more than 4 years and there is still no better game than Red Dead Redemption 2?
I built my PC specifically because I thought they were going to continue RDO. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I absolutely love it.

- - - Updated - - -

You were right! It's a game that keeps giving!
I'm going to quote the first three words of this post and present it to every girlfriend I've ever had.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
So it’s been more than 4 years and there is still no better game than Red Dead Redemption 2?
I had a strange experience. I really didn't like it, had a hard time feeling anything for anyone. I just wanted my character to die. So I put the game on hold and left it for more than a year. Then a friend convinced me to give it another shot. And gee was I hooked! Slowly, slowly I got into it and then, yeah, it's one of the best games I've played.
But I think there's been some really good games inbetween since then. God of Wars, Horizon, Death Stranding, Last of Us (or is it older?). Storytelling wise I think last of us and death stranding are close.
Then there's other good games like Ghost of Tsushima, Far Cry, What remains of Edith Finch, 11-11. Not saying they are anywhere close but I like them. Or are they too old?
When I have time over I will try Control and Life is Strange 2
Will there ever come a new Bioshock? Can't remember how old the latest of the uncharted series is or Tomb Raider, but those are good too (but old). Cyberpunk was OK too.
Are there any interesting upcoming games beside God of War?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I liked AC Odyssey and AC Valhalla a lot.

Last of Us is older, but Last of Us 2 is relatively new and in there with RD2 for timing.

I can recommend some games, what do you play on?
PS5, all suggestions are deeply appreciated. I play a lot during some periods and then not at all for some periods. So I am always a bit behind, which is good for my wallet. Can buy the games cheaper. For the past months I've only played what's available from PS Now since I noticed some games on my waiting list were available.
If you have games that are story-driven that's a huge plus, that includes indie-games too. There's a whole bunch of small story-driven games I really enjoy but I always find them by chance so there must be more out there. Just haven't stumbled upon them yet.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I have RD2 but I couldn't be arsed to play it after seeing how much horse riding I'd have to do to get places. It's just not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Played the first mission that was it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also played AC Valhalla. Idk man, gameplay felt clunky af. Couldn't play it more than an hour. Same with Horizon Forbidden West.

Apr 12, 2004
PS5, all suggestions are deeply appreciated. I play a lot during some periods and then not at all for some periods. So I am always a bit behind, which is good for my wallet. Can buy the games cheaper. For the past months I've only played what's available from PS Now since I noticed some games on my waiting list were available.
If you have games that are story-driven that's a huge plus, that includes indie-games too. There's a whole bunch of small story-driven games I really enjoy but I always find them by chance so there must be more out there. Just haven't stumbled upon them yet.

Have you played Elden Ring?

Jul 7, 2018
I had a strange experience. I really didn't like it, had a hard time feeling anything for anyone. I just wanted my character to die. So I put the game on hold and left it for more than a year. Then a friend convinced me to give it another shot. And gee was I hooked! Slowly, slowly I got into it and then, yeah, it's one of the best games I've played.
But I think there's been some really good games inbetween since then. God of Wars, Horizon, Death Stranding, Last of Us (or is it older?). Storytelling wise I think last of us and death stranding are close.
Then there's other good games like Ghost of Tsushima, Far Cry, What remains of Edith Finch, 11-11. Not saying they are anywhere close but I like them. Or are they too old?
When I have time over I will try Control and Life is Strange 2
Will there ever come a new Bioshock? Can't remember how old the latest of the uncharted series is or Tomb Raider, but those are good too (but old). Cyberpunk was OK too.
Are there any interesting upcoming games beside God of War?
I absolutely loved Ghost of Tsushima, what a great game. Especially for someone like me, who loves Japan (because of its history, not because of anime lol). The Last of Us was my favorite game before RDR2 came out, great great game. I didn’t like TLOU2, I don’t think it was extremely bad like many people said and did not deserved all the hate received. Yet, I feel like it was a big downgrade from TLOU1. I feel like RDR2 is a extremely complete game: great historical context, great characters, nice story, a lot of secundary missions that contribute to the story, etc. I really liked it and the graphics are still the greatest that I ever seen. What I think is a BIG DISGRACE about RDR2 is the Online mode. Man, they had gold in there and they abandoned it for GTA Online. So sad. But well, I understand, money goes first in business and GTA Online was a complete success in money terms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)