General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (47 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Meh. The power of the consoles will be secondary. As always, 1st party games will make the difference.

The issue that I have is the way that the variable clock speeds for the GPU and CPU, and leaving that up to the developer, could seriously hinder 3rd party development of multi plat titles. For first party titles, sure, that's fine. They only have 1 system to develop for. But whilst Xbox has fixed speeds that open up all of these possibilities, Sony seemed to do the opposite. This almost reminds me of PS3 all over again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just bought God of War, The Witcher and Red Dead 2

Is PES 20 worth buying? I feel like I need something less epic and fun just to give me a break from playing the other 3 so any recommendations?

This is my first time playing anything in years.

Edit: holy shit RDR 2 and The Witcher are incredibly boring. I'm trying so hard to like them and I'll continue to play but I need something with better gameplay.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't seem to find a Sega Saturn modded console anywhere. Some of the games for the system are so damn expensive, especially the Working Designs titles.

My modded Dreamcast is out of this world, though. :touched:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I can't seem to find a Sega Saturn modded console anywhere. Some of the games for the system are so damn expensive, especially the Working Designs titles.

My modded Dreamcast is out of this world, though. :touched:
When you say modded saturn what exactly do you mean?

I attend a retro gaming fair every 4 months in London and one stall sells hard modded retro consoles including the saturn. I.e. they have HDMI output and region free in some cases. I can see if I have their contacts somewhere if that helps?

Yes retro games are expensive and they'll continue to increase in price as they get older and we move to a more digital age of gaming, worth investing in older systems and games. I don't think it'll be long before PlayStation 1 games start to increase in price.
Some retro games may be shit but are ultra rare which dictates the price, others like skies of arcardia on the dreamcast seem to get more and more expensive everytime I look at it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When you say modded saturn what exactly do you mean?

I attend a retro gaming fair every 4 months in London and one stall sells hard modded retro consoles including the saturn. I.e. they have HDMI output and region free in some cases. I can see if I have their contacts somewhere if that helps?

Yes retro games are expensive and they'll continue to increase in price as they get older and we move to a more digital age of gaming, worth investing in older systems and games. I don't think it'll be long before PlayStation 1 games start to increase in price.
Some retro games may be shit but are ultra rare which dictates the price, others like skies of arcardia on the dreamcast seem to get more and more expensive everytime I look at it.
That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. My modded Dreamcast has a GDEMU reader installed in place of the disc drive. I bought a pre-loaded SD card that has all of the North American releases, about 30 EU releases, and 20 Japanese releases, with room to spare to download more files

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. My modded Dreamcast has a GDEMU reader installed in place of the disc drive. I bought a pre-loaded SD card that has all of the North American releases, about 30 EU releases, and 20 Japanese releases, with room to spare to download more files
My mate who I went to one of these retro gaming market events with paid £80 for a region free modded saturn. He got it from these guys at the stall but here's their FB page - https://www.facebook.com/RetroModzzUK/

I don't know what they are like on delivery and stuff, but worth asking I guess?

the modded saturn they do now also has a disc drive, psu and ram mod, but they're quite pricey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)